Old guys with 12As club meeting - Page 795 - RX7Club.com - Mazda RX7 Forum

SE RX-7 Forum Serving the Carolina's, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and Tennessee.

Old guys with 12As club meeting

Reply

 
 
 
Old 05-20-18, 06:17 PM
  #19851  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Lillington NC
Posts: 733
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Never mind... Iím a dummy.. I shouldíve gotten them at mazdatrix. 84-85 SE ONLY have a Left and Right. More waiting...!!!
tool and die guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-18, 08:47 PM
  #19852  
HeyHeyHey..Its the Goose
iTrader: (3)
 
Qingdao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Charleston
Posts: 2,294
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by tool and die guy View Post
I bought new motor mounts and transmission mount on eBay. Positive I got the right stuff till I tried swapping them out. Never got to the transmission mount because when I took the original motor mounts off the first thing I noticed is that the ones I got are clearly too large in diameter and too tall. Their both the same size whereas the ones I took off are clearly not the same size. The driver side one is about 3/16 taller than the passenger side. Does that make sense? The new ones are too large in diameter clearly unable to seat because the driver side new one interferes with the edge of the oil pan and passenger one interference with lower radiator hose. My biggest question is are they in fact supposed to be off set, not equal in height? The new ones shove the radiator fan up against the fan shroud.. clearly too tall. The original driver side is also clearly compromised but the passenger side one looked good. Anybody?
https://www.rx7club.com/1st-generati...rning-1123978/


Shoulda said something up in the mountains... I woulda handed you the ones I just got to try on. They suck and do not fit our cars. The solution is Mazda oe or Mazda competition mounts from Banzi.
Qingdao is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-18, 09:07 PM
  #19853  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Lillington NC
Posts: 733
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Qingdao View Post
https://www.rx7club.com/1st-generati...rning-1123978/


Shoulda said something up in the mountains... I woulda handed you the ones I just got to try on. They suck and do not fit our cars. The solution is Mazda oe or Mazda competition mounts from Banzi.
mazdatrix has the right set. Clear distinction between left and right motor mounts for those model years (84-85 13b)w manual transmission. Sending these back and getting the mazdatrix ordered tomorrow along with a new slave and hard line tubing. I simply didnít do my research properly and the eBay store I bought them from wrongly claimed the fit for my model.
tool and die guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-18, 03:52 PM
  #19854  
Out In the Barn
iTrader: (8)
 
KansasCityREPU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Liberty, Missouri
Posts: 3,989
Thanked 79 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by tool and die guy View Post
I bought new motor mounts and transmission mount on eBay. Positive I got the right stuff till I tried swapping them out. Never got to the transmission mount because when I took the original motor mounts off the first thing I noticed is that the ones I got are clearly too large in diameter and too tall. Their both the same size whereas the ones I took off are clearly not the same size. The driver side one is about 3/16 taller than the passenger side. Does that make sense? The new ones are too large in diameter clearly unable to seat because the driver side new one interferes with the edge of the oil pan and passenger one interference with lower radiator hose. My biggest question is are they in fact supposed to be off set, not equal in height? The new ones shove the radiator fan up against the fan shroud.. clearly too tall. The original driver side is also clearly compromised but the passenger side one looked good. Anybody?
This recent thread talks about this issue. https://www.rx7club.com/1st-generati.../#post12276285
KansasCityREPU is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-18, 08:13 PM
  #19855  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Lillington NC
Posts: 733
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by KansasCityREPU View Post
This recent thread talks about this issue. https://www.rx7club.com/1st-generati.../#post12276285
yea I saw it late. Wish I had seen it sooner. James and I sat together at the DGRR ceremony and it never came up. I did post to that thread though. The SE has to have the correct offset, diameter and over all height after the lower cups are installed or it screws up the height big time. Thank you though!
tool and die guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-18, 10:27 AM
  #19856  
brap brap brap
iTrader: (2)
 
evo_koa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntsville, Al
Posts: 1,183
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

Do any of you guys want these seats? I am going to throw them away if no one wants them.
evo_koa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 09:02 AM
  #19857  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Morning! Are you guys still meeting every month? If im
not mistaken it’s the 1st Sat of the month? If so where and what time? I’d like to join if possible. Thanks
Ammoz85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 09:33 AM
  #19858  
Winter Rotary
iTrader: (5)
 
Acesanugal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Athens, Georgia
Posts: 2,543
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
It's actually the first Tuesday of every month. We meet at the taco mac at mall of Georgia around 630 - 7pm
Acesanugal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 11:29 AM
  #19859  
Rotary Madness
iTrader: (2)
 
rxtasy3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 7,199
Thanks: 0
Thanked 40 Times in 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Ammoz85 View Post
Morning! Are you guys still meeting every month? If im
not mistaken it’s the 1st Sat of the month? If so where and what time? I’d like to join if possible. Thanks
wish it was on a sat. i'd be able to join in more often. welcome aboard. nice SE u got there.

Last edited by rxtasy3; 06-02-18 at 11:33 AM.
rxtasy3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 11:54 AM
  #19860  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great! Thank you for the info. Hope to see everyone this Tuesday.
Ammoz85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 06:07 PM
  #19861  
Winter Rotary
iTrader: (5)
 
Acesanugal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Athens, Georgia
Posts: 2,543
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts


Acesanugal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 10:12 PM
  #19862  
Winter Rotary
iTrader: (5)
 
Acesanugal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Athens, Georgia
Posts: 2,543
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
I'm a little surprised ray didn't jump right in to make some comment about how FBs are somehow superior to the FC...

...is he ill?
Acesanugal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-18, 01:45 PM
  #19863  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Lillington NC
Posts: 733
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Acesanugal View Post
I'm a little surprised ray didn't jump right in to make some comment about how FBs are somehow superior to the FC...

...is he ill?
so youíre anticipating the fat, dumpy turd comment I wager?! Iím sure heís outside polishing his LE instead of watching this thread. Wait for it... it will come. Lol.. but.. thatís a real tasty FB you got there. !!!
tool and die guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-18, 01:58 PM
  #19864  
Winter Rotary
iTrader: (5)
 
Acesanugal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Athens, Georgia
Posts: 2,543
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Doesn't look as nice up close lol but thanks
Acesanugal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-18, 08:53 PM
  #19865  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Lillington NC
Posts: 733
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Took mine out today for a leisurely drive. Iím still waiting for engine mounts so Iím driving easy. It was pretty hot here today so I decided to put the a/c on. I never turn it on except once in a while to keep it moving. I mean Iíve had this car 13 years and never used the a/c for cooling me off. Always like the windows down so I can hear that RB header exhaust. But today it was hot and I was sweating like a ***** in church. The a/c is totally original, 33 years old, from Hiroshima. R12!! It cane on and the engine automatically adjusted the idle and started blowing ice cubes at us!! Quiet too! Performed like brand new. Didnít even notice a serious draw on the hp during acceleration. Those Japs built me a great sports car.
tool and die guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-18, 09:51 AM
  #19866  
Waffles - hmmm good
iTrader: (1)
 
t_g_farrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Huntersville, N.C.
Posts: 7,621
Thanked 71 Times in 69 Posts
Thats a seriously blue FC. Looks purty in the pics.

Not sure where Ray is, we miss him tho. Ray where are you?
t_g_farrell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-18, 02:15 PM
  #19867  
Winter Rotary
iTrader: (5)
 
Acesanugal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Athens, Georgia
Posts: 2,543
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
The interior is also blue Haha

Who all will be there tomorrow ?
Acesanugal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-18, 05:19 PM
  #19868  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Lillington NC
Posts: 733
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by tool and die guy View Post

so youíre anticipating the fat, dumpy turd comment I wager?! Iím sure heís outside polishing his LE instead of watching this thread. Wait for it... it will come. Lol.. but.. thatís a real tasty FB you got there. !!!
correction. FC you got there..
tool and die guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-18, 09:22 AM
  #19869  
Waffles - hmmm good
iTrader: (1)
 
t_g_farrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Huntersville, N.C.
Posts: 7,621
Thanked 71 Times in 69 Posts
The fun never stops with an old car, ever. Check out my latest diagnostic puzzle I posted about here: https://www.rx7club.com/1st-generati.../#post12279983

TL;DR; I have a wiring short or break when I hit a bump and the car stops running momentarily and at idle it will just die.
t_g_farrell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-18, 03:35 PM
  #19870  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Lillington NC
Posts: 733
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by t_g_farrell View Post
The fun never stops with an old car, ever. Check out my latest diagnostic puzzle I posted about here: https://www.rx7club.com/1st-generati.../#post12279983

TL;DR; I have a wiring short or break when I hit a bump and the car stops running momentarily and at idle it will just die.
Tim, Iím just thinking out loud...when you tried to use the wrong engine mounts you lifted the entire drive line at least an inch or two. Is it possible you created an intermittent short on any of the wires on the driver side harness when you lifted it too high?
tool and die guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-18, 04:16 PM
  #19871  
Waffles - hmmm good
iTrader: (1)
 
t_g_farrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Huntersville, N.C.
Posts: 7,621
Thanked 71 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by tool and die guy View Post

Tim, Iím just thinking out loud...when you tried to use the wrong engine mounts you lifted the entire drive line at least an inch or two. Is it possible you created an intermittent short on any of the wires on the driver side harness when you lifted it too high?
Only Mr. Murphy knows and he's not talkin'

At least I can reproduce it easily so it should be fixable.
t_g_farrell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-18, 12:15 PM
  #19872  
Winter Rotary
iTrader: (5)
 
Acesanugal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Athens, Georgia
Posts: 2,543
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
On Tuesday, several of us decided that OGTA needed to get back to it's roots...

Next month's meet is going to be held at Kuzan's off horizon drive in suwanee, which is one exit up from the Buford exit we've been having the meets at utilizing Taco Mac.

The time frame will be the usual, and with any luck the service, beer, and food will be great; all have been an issue with Taco Mac lately.

Let's see if we can't infuse a bit of life back into our attendance numbers!


105 Horizon Dr, Suwanee, GA 30024
Acesanugal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 01:16 PM
  #19873  
White Shaaaaadow
iTrader: (18)
 
lex99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 166
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What was wrong with Taco Mac? What were the issues?
lex99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 05:49 PM
  #19874  
Winter Rotary
iTrader: (5)
 
Acesanugal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Athens, Georgia
Posts: 2,543
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by lex99 View Post
What was wrong with Taco Mac? What were the issues?
Service hasn't been great, order accuracy, food quality and consistency haven't been great either.

The original meet spot is a stone's throw from that taco mac, and it'll be fun to see what this Kuzan's place is like. Parking was always very good, easy in and out.
Acesanugal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-18, 02:21 AM
  #19875  
Rotary Madness
iTrader: (2)
 
rxtasy3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 7,199
Thanks: 0
Thanked 40 Times in 39 Posts
ran across this video on youtube and thought i'd share. watch the whole thing or jump to 1:11.

rxtasy3 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Old guys with 12As club meeting


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: