Southern Maryland RX7 freaks.. - Page 89 - RX7Club.com - Mazda RX7 Forum

NE RX-7 Forum Serving ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, DE, PA, OH, WV, MD and VA

Southern Maryland RX7 freaks..

Reply

 
 
Old 12-17-13, 11:41 AM
  #2201
Doritos & Dual Sports
iTrader: (8)
 
Sh00bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 895
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by moneymaker42141983 View Post
Nope, never heard of him. I own unique precision rotary and I'm out of MT Airy Md. My pricing is close to his. Check out my facebook page.
We've Pm'd on Facebook about pricing a few weeks ago. Right now before any porting is done, I would probably either convert to efi first, or 13b swap. Mikuni carb with a ported intake mani and all emissions removed is still a carbed engine. Would be more worth it imo to do efi then porting if anything rather then leaving carb and doing any kind of mild port on my 12a. Correct? If I'm mistaken please let me know as I'm new to rotaries, not engines
Sh00bs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 03:54 PM
  #2202
ALL THING ROTARY NUT
5 Year Member
iTrader: (3)
 
moneymaker42141983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: mt airy MD
Posts: 469
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sh00bs View Post
We've Pm'd on Facebook about pricing a few weeks ago. Right now before any porting is done, I would probably either convert to efi first, or 13b swap. Mikuni carb with a ported intake mani and all emissions removed is still a carbed engine. Would be more worth it imo to do efi then porting if anything rather then leaving carb and doing any kind of mild port on my 12a. Correct? If I'm mistaken please let me know as I'm new to rotaries, not engines
LOL, I thought that was you. I can do a simple setup for you if thats the case. I didn't know you were local. I will do the rebuild labor for 800.00. I can throw a PFC in to that thing with an FC engine for a good price.
moneymaker42141983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 02:28 PM
  #2203
Junior Member
5 Year Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Metro DC
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Whats up, all you smib rotor heads. ;-)

Got my fd back up for sale.
WhiteT78FD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-14, 11:16 PM
  #2204
Recovering Milkaholic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Fd3BOOST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Budds Creek, Maryland
Posts: 8,202
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhiteT78FD View Post
Whats up, all you smib rotor heads. ;-) Got my fd back up for sale.
Sean?
Fd3BOOST is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-17, 09:43 AM
  #2205
Full Member
 
Rocketrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wanted to resurrect this thread because there are new members in the area like me. Hope to meet up with some of you Dinosaurs soon. MIR is doing a street racing made legal on April 29th at the track with some Dig 20/40/60 roll racing at the drag strip and im looking to go if any other members want to enter.
Rocketrob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-17, 11:07 PM
  #2206
Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Maryland
Posts: 183
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Is this the Rob who moved from Virginia Beach to Patient River NAS back in January with your '94FD ? How was your transition ? When I saw that you had chimed in on the DC Area Spring Cruise thread and aasked Derek about maybe convoying with him - I figured we would all meet you April 8th. But not so ! I'm Bill, an old fart with an fc in Laurel. Had greeted you on your moving up here thread. MIR - can't exactly tell from your words what's going on on 4/29 and their web page doesn't show that date. Could you fill me in ?
billybiceps is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-17, 10:45 AM
  #2207
Full Member
 
Rocketrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes that's me! I was not able to make the DC Trip unfortunately but im thinking about trying to either go watch this event or enter it.

Rocketrob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-17, 08:22 AM
  #2208
Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 57
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Any of you South MD guys know of any decent Wednesday Night meets? I've got the itch and most of the ones in the Columbia/Glen Burnie area have been shut down. Not trying to do dumb ****, just wanna hang with some friends and eat some grub man.
yagie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-17, 01:30 PM
  #2209
Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Maryland
Posts: 183
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by yagie View Post
Any of you South MD guys know of any decent Wednesday Night meets? I've got the itch and most of the ones in the Columbia/Glen Burnie area have been shut down. Not trying to do dumb ****, just wanna hang with some friends and eat some grub man.
Yage - Not Southern MD, I'm in Laurel. Not Rotary specific, but do you know of the twice a month meets in Laurel ? No food as such, but plenty of cars. Bill
billybiceps is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-17, 01:46 PM
  #2210
Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 57
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by billybiceps View Post
Yage - Not Southern MD, I'm in Laurel. Not Rotary specific, but do you know of the twice a month meets in Laurel ? No food as such, but plenty of cars. Bill
Yeah finding a rotary specific meet in MD seems like an impossibility lol. Only chance would be an annual meet at skyline drive and that's in WV just outside of MD. Would be completely worth is though.

Laurel isn't far from me at all though. Maybe 20-30 minutes. Where's the meet at that you speed of? I know tomorrow there's a Misfit Auto meet at the Fuddruckers in Annapolis at 730 as well if you're interested. Me and one other rotary guy should be there at least.
yagie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-17, 05:14 PM
  #2211
Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Maryland
Posts: 183
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by yagie View Post
Yeah finding a rotary specific meet in MD seems like an impossibility lol. Only chance would be an annual meet at skyline drive and that's in WV just outside of MD. Would be completely worth is though.

Laurel isn't far from me at all though. Maybe 20-30 minutes. Where's the meet at that you speed of? I know tomorrow there's a Misfit Auto meet at the Fuddruckers in Annapolis at 730 as well if you're interested. Me and one other rotary guy should be there at least.
Yage - just left you messages relating to Gordon's BBQ on two other threads. As far as Laurel meet - it's the first & third Thursday of each month (so next one on 8/3). Upper deck of the 2 story garage at the new Laurel Town Center, next to Regal Cinemas, behind Burlington Coat Factory, 4th Street off Cherry Lane. Lots and lots of cars & welcoming crowd, even to the retired old fart that I am. I will be there Thursday - white '86 FC.
billybiceps is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-17, 09:46 AM
  #2212
Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 57
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by billybiceps View Post
Yage - just left you messages relating to Gordon's BBQ on two other threads. As far as Laurel meet - it's the first & third Thursday of each month (so next one on 8/3). Upper deck of the 2 story garage at the new Laurel Town Center, next to Regal Cinemas, behind Burlington Coat Factory, 4th Street off Cherry Lane. Lots and lots of cars & welcoming crowd, even to the retired old fart that I am. I will be there Thursday - white '86 FC.
Yeah I noticed that lol. Are you going to this upcoming one then this Thursday? If so I may swing by as it's not far from me. I'll see who else I can get to join in as well.

As far as Gordon's I think a few of us are meeting at Hunt Valley Cars and Coffee that morning and then cruising up from there.
yagie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-17, 02:10 PM
  #2213
Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Maryland
Posts: 183
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by yagie View Post
Yeah I noticed that lol. Are you going to this upcoming one then this Thursday? If so I may swing by as it's not far from me. I'll see who else I can get to join in as well.

As far as Gordon's I think a few of us are meeting at Hunt Valley Cars and Coffee that morning and then cruising up from there.
Yage - even tough I'm the one who told you about the Thursday Laurel Garage Top get together on 7/31 and said I'd be there, turns out I most likely won't be there this particular evening. FYI - most people start arriving about 7pm as I recall.
billybiceps is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
TorkFD
3rd Generation RX-7 (1993-2002) Vehicles
12
11-10-15 11:04 AM
SHOCKANAWE
3rd Generation RX-7 (1993-2002) Parts
2
10-24-15 01:12 PM
JerryLH3
SE For Sale/ Wanted/ Classifieds
1
08-21-15 08:07 AM
IB Cristina
West RX-7 Forum
0
08-20-15 06:46 PM
dkwasherexd
Far East Forum
1
08-17-15 12:26 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 AM.


All content Copyright 2007 by Internet Brands, Inc. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: