Who has the Highest RWHP 6Port Turbo? - RX7Club.com - Mazda RX7 Forum

Time Slips and Dyno Section is for posting 1/4 mile time slips and dyno graphs
Sponsored by:

Who has the Highest RWHP 6Port Turbo?

Reply

 
 
 
Old 08-14-11, 10:10 PM
  #1  
Full Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: hawaii
Posts: 144
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Who has the Highest RWHP 6Port Turbo?

I researched and couldn't find the answer to my question. but i found this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_4X..._order&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF5EP...eature=related
Let me know if anyone is pushing more RWHP.

Last edited by MANSU_V36; 08-14-11 at 10:21 PM.
MANSU_V36 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-11, 04:38 PM
  #2  
Jackstand Drifter
5 Year Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Osirus9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,065
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Aaron Cake?
Osirus9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-11, 02:45 PM
  #3  
Rotor-aholic
iTrader: (7)
 
Thumpher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 120
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Was he using na or turbo rotors in the video?
Thumpher86 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-11, 11:51 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
iTrader: (7)
 
coolmike711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 346
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
how much did he push? Didn't see any numbers
coolmike711 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 10:24 AM
  #5  
Engine, Not Motor
iTrader: (1)
 
Aaron Cake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 29,663
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
The description of the second video says:

"Couldnt finish tunning due to ignition breakup after 6000 rpm, but was able to get 447 at 22 pounds,"

There is something seriously wrong if a T70 13B is only making 447 RWHP at 22 PSI. Ignition breakup would certainly do it.

But to answer the question, the highest RWHP 6 port turbo (at true turbo-NA and not a "6 port TII") is probably me, at just a little North of 500HP. I'll save the exact number for when I get around to another dyno run. Or, it might be J-Rat. He had a fairly high HP 6 port turbo engine as well but I don't know the current status of that car.
Aaron Cake is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 04:39 PM
  #6  
Rotary Enthusiast
5 Year Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Frostycrowd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,003
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have always wondered what the most powerful 100 percent stock 6 port block was, no port, only mazda parts. I did 401 (dyno dynamics) at 16psi, I pushed it up to 20 at one point but never dynoed it. By my estimation it was making 450whp at least. (I since sold the turbo setup)
Frostycrowd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 04:52 PM
  #7  
IFO Forced Induction Slo
10 Year Member
iTrader: (3)
 
bigdv519's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,315
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aaron Cake View Post
The description of the second video says:

"Couldnt finish tunning due to ignition breakup after 6000 rpm, but was able to get 447 at 22 pounds,"

There is something seriously wrong if a T70 13B is only making 447 RWHP at 22 PSI. Ignition breakup would certainly do it.

But to answer the question, the highest RWHP 6 port turbo (at true turbo-NA and not a "6 port TII") is probably me, at just a little North of 500HP. I'll save the exact number for when I get around to another dyno run. Or, it might be J-Rat. He had a fairly high HP 6 port turbo engine as well but I don't know the current status of that car.
Whats your highest dynoed so far?
bigdv519 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 03:41 PM
  #8  
Engine, Not Motor
iTrader: (1)
 
Aaron Cake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 29,663
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by bigdv519 View Post
Whats your highest dynoed so far?
I've only had the car on a dyno (DynoCom dyno) at 13PSI with a tune that still needed to be refined and it was just over 400 RWHP and just over 300 FT-LBs.
Aaron Cake is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-11, 12:10 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: oxnard, ca, usa
Posts: 333
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aaron Cake View Post
I've only had the car on a dyno (DynoCom dyno) at 13PSI with a tune that still needed to be refined and it was just over 400 RWHP and just over 300 FT-LBs.
Very impressive!!! Would stain my under's w/them #s out of my TII.

@ what RPM, ps ?
Clubuser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-11, 07:17 PM
  #10  
Sharp Claws
iTrader: (30)
 
RotaryEvolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,135
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Aaron Cake View Post
Or, it might be J-Rat. He had a fairly high HP 6 port turbo engine as well but I don't know the current status of that car.
J-rat sold his car so now he's rotary-less and brings me shop towels in the meantime while he looks for a replacement.

i wasn't even aware he had ever built a high comp engine though unless that was his most recent one that Glenn built for him after the turbo popped the first.
RotaryEvolution is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11, 09:21 AM
  #11  
Engine, Not Motor
iTrader: (1)
 
Aaron Cake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 29,663
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Clubuser View Post
Very impressive!!! Would stain my under's w/them #s out of my TII.
@ what RPM, ps ?
I'd have to go back and look at previous dyno sheets. From memory it makes peak HP around 8500 RPM.

Originally Posted by Karack View Post
J-rat sold his car so now he's rotary-less and brings me shop towels in the meantime while he looks for a replacement.
i wasn't even aware he had ever built a high comp engine though unless that was his most recent one that Glenn built for him after the turbo popped the first.
Maybe it was SonicRat? It was one of the rats, anyway.
Aaron Cake is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11, 04:52 PM
  #12  
Sharp Claws
iTrader: (30)
 
RotaryEvolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,135
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Aaron Cake View Post
Maybe it was SonicRat? It was one of the rats, anyway.
that was probably it, but i honestly dont know it could have been Jrat as not alot of specifics were told about his newer built engine.
RotaryEvolution is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 05:59 PM
  #13  
BRAAAAAP pssh BRAAAAAP
10 Year Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Cosmo_TT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: cali
Posts: 1,461
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Karack View Post
J-rat sold his car so now he's rotary-less and brings me shop towels in the meantime while he looks for a replacement.

i wasn't even aware he had ever built a high comp engine though unless that was his most recent one that Glenn built for him after the turbo popped the first.
I said NO he cant have my car!!!!!!
Cosmo_TT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-11, 01:44 PM
  #14  
Racer
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fl
Posts: 219
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Aaron... 500 is very nice. We have an event coming up in Oct down here in Fl called rotar fest and if i can get the car ready i will be taking my completely stockport unopend 6port s4 to the dyno with a sport 1000 and precision 6765 turbo. The date is getting closer faster than i wanted it to, so i need to get to work. I was thinking 400whp would be achievable at 15psi on pump gas without worry but was assuming i would need water injection to get into the 20's on pump gas (93 octane)? If i ever get this thing together i guess i'll find out

btw i would love to get some ideas of the maps you were running if you would be so kind
NI_Racing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-12, 09:01 PM
  #15  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow, very nice.
o0Quicksilver0o is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-12, 11:24 PM
  #16  
Super Raterhater
iTrader: (6)
 
SonicRaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: NY, MA, MI, OR, TX, and now LA or AZ!
Posts: 10,620
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thread from the past!

I had so many different setups over the years in my GTUs, the most power I pushed was around the 530 mark with a GT42R on a dyno down near green bay. I ditched that setup and went to a 35R, simply because the the places I ran/drove the car really didn't fit with that turbo setup. The car then sat for a long time after many of the parts were stolen, and I've only recently rejoined the FC 6port turbo bracket by rebuilding it as a sequential twin-turbo running on a megasquirt.
SonicRaT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 02:45 PM
  #17  
Psalms 37**25
5 Year Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Garnerville N.Y
Posts: 861
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i have one buddy with 750 to the wheels with a alcohol semi-Pport full 1988 6port using the N326 high compresion rotors and another 6port with a 93 rotating asembly making 700 to the wheels on Gas
rotaryB-2000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 02:30 AM
  #18  
Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: usa
Posts: 89
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rotaryB-2000 View Post
i have one buddy with 750 to the wheels with a alcohol semi-Pport full 1988 6port using the N326 high compresion rotors and another 6port with a 93 rotating asembly making 700 to the wheels on Gas
any videos or pictures?
HIrotary is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-16, 01:15 PM
  #19  
Full Member
 
Hygoog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Alabama
Posts: 96
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi whats the max hp I can achieve with the stock s5 turbo on my s5 6 port? I would like 250-280whp if possible or should i just go with a bigger turbo? Thanks
Hygoog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-16, 09:20 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NL, Canada
Posts: 493
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hygoog View Post
Hi whats the max hp I can achieve with the stock s5 turbo on my s5 6 port? I would like 250-280whp if possible or should i just go with a bigger turbo? Thanks
Nice thread rez. At least look into BNR or hybrid options, I would not bother especially since you have a high compression engine. It could work, but I wouldn't roll those dice, especially if you have stock top mount//everything else...
Jimmy2222 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-16, 08:50 PM
  #21  
247 RWBBQ
 
ColinShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 305
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hygoog View Post
Hi whats the max hp I can achieve with the stock s5 turbo on my s5 6 port? I would like 250-280whp if possible or should i just go with a bigger turbo? Thanks
Yeah, you'd be lucky to hit 250whp. Regardless of engine, you'd be maxing out the compressor's airflow. You can only make so much power with that much air. Torque will spike in the low end, and trail off to redline, while the horsepower line will look flat.

That's actually how airflow-restricted race cars set up their engines, but when you have the option of changing parts, you'll want a bigger compressor.
ColinShark is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-17, 07:39 AM
  #22  
Full Member
 
Hygoog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Alabama
Posts: 96
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ColinShark View Post
Yeah, you'd be lucky to hit 250whp. Regardless of engine, you'd be maxing out the compressor's airflow. You can only make so much power with that much air. Torque will spike in the low end, and trail off to redline, while the horsepower line will look flat.

That's actually how airflow-restricted race cars set up their engines, but when you have the option of changing parts, you'll want a bigger compressor.

It's been awhile. I decided to ditch the ht18 and go with a garrett airresearch T04B-35 that I got for dirt cheap and practically new. Picked up a cartech manifold too so hopefully I can keep my 5th/6th aux and stock manifold. This cartech turbo manifold is specifically designed to do that... except Ive never seen it installed on an S5 NA before. This should be interested. Also picked a n370 afm, n370 pressure sensor, and rtek chipped N374 ecu (might go with adaptronic later). I'd be happy with 300-350whp.
Hygoog is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
cristoDathird
Introduce yourself
23
09-08-18 04:58 PM
morataya
Microtech
4
08-17-15 01:04 PM
Engine stand ready
New Member RX-7 Technical
3
08-14-15 10:26 PM
Turblown
Single Turbo RX-7's
0
08-14-15 04:48 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who has the Highest RWHP 6Port Turbo?


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: