General Rotary Tech Support Use this forum for tech questions not specific to a certain model year

Turbonetics 7268 (codename Sylvia)

Old 01-01-19, 10:40 AM
  #1  
Full Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Joethefo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: ME
Posts: 95
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbonetics 7268 (codename Sylvia)

Does anyone have experience with this turbo?(link below)
I have a chance to get a good price on a new one locally,but from the specs itís a little more then what I would need
I have an 88 turbo 2 fresh engine rebuild,bigger injectors, haltech ps1000, water injection in the works. My goal is 350-400hp as this is my first rebuilt rotary and I reused my engine housings and irons.

https://turboneticsinc.com/store/ind...&product_id=82
Joethefo is offline  
Old 01-08-19, 06:30 AM
  #2  
Arrogant Wankeler
 
Slides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Newcastle NSW Australia
Posts: 386
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
That will be a dog if you only want 400 US hp. If you think you will aim closer to 600 with the water would be ok but I'd probably steer towards a plain bearing borg warner if looking to save money myself.
Slides is offline  
Old 01-19-19, 10:25 AM
  #3  
Full Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Joethefo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: ME
Posts: 95
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Slides View Post
That will be a dog if you only want 400 US hp. If you think you will aim closer to 600 with the water would be ok but I'd probably steer towards a plain bearing borg warner if looking to save money myself.
Thanks. Any recommendations forwards a specific turbo? Iíve tried looking but there are a lot to choose from.
Correct me if Iím wrong but from what Iíve found I want a t4 twin scroll,and something with a max rating of 400-450hp for my 350 goal. Iím trying not to spend more then 2k on a turbo and quality manifold.
Joethefo is offline  
Old 01-19-19, 02:19 PM
  #4  
Rotary Enthusiast
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: sb
Posts: 895
Likes: 0
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Though I'm not a huge fan of them as business people, pick up an 8374 and cast manifold from Turblown. They make good parts.
dguy is offline  
Old 01-20-19, 07:24 PM
  #5  
Full Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Joethefo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: ME
Posts: 95
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dguy View Post
Though I'm not a huge fan of them as business people, pick up an 8374 and cast manifold from Turblown. They make good parts.
Thats actually a little more then i was planning on spending.

What about a td06-20g, I've had alot of good experiences in the past with them on many of my Subarus, I know the HP rating is close to what im looking for aswell.
Joethefo is offline  
Old 01-20-19, 07:42 PM
  #6  
Arrogant Wankeler
 
Slides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Newcastle NSW Australia
Posts: 386
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
You can spec similar compressor and turbine sizes to the efrs in plain bearing/metallic turbine.

Remeber that a turbo is only good for about 3/4 the power it will make on a piston motor too.
Slides is offline  
Old 01-21-19, 08:53 AM
  #7  
Adaptronic Distributor
RX7Club Vendor
iTrader: (12)
 
Turblown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 6,909
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Joethefo View Post
Thats actually a little more then i was planning on spending.

What about a td06-20g, I've had alot of good experiences in the past with them on many of my Subarus, I know the HP rating is close to what im looking for aswell.
Thats a 350rwhp turbo on most setups. Mighe be able to squeeze 400rwhp near 20 psi.

BWS362 .91 with our cast ewg is under $2k. Makes 400rwhp between 14 and 16 psi depending upon dyno and configuration.
Turblown is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 10:14 AM
  #8  
Full Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Joethefo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: ME
Posts: 95
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Turblown View Post
Thats a 350rwhp turbo on most setups. Mighe be able to squeeze 400rwhp near 20 psi.

BWS362 .91 with our cast ewg is under $2k. Makes 400rwhp between 14 and 16 psi depending upon dyno and configuration.
That sounds about perfect, I could'nt find that kit navigating through your site though, could you send me a link when you get a minute?
And just a reminder my car is an S4 Turbo.
Joethefo is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
96fd3s
Racing Kills Lounge
3
06-04-08 04:33 PM
fc3s94509
Single Turbo RX-7's
2
11-20-01 08:38 AM
Mach2
Single Turbo RX-7's
15
10-01-01 05:58 PM
yardee
Single Turbo RX-7's
4
07-25-01 11:03 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turbonetics 7268 (codename Sylvia)


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: