Go Back  RX7Club.com - Mazda RX7 Forum > Generation Specific > 3rd Generation Specific (1993-2002)
Reload this Page >

Simplified sequential, what to remove/block off and diagrams

3rd Generation Specific (1993-2002) 1993-2002 Discussion including performance modifications and Technical Support Sections.

Simplified sequential, what to remove/block off and diagrams

Old 01-20-12, 06:53 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 431
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Simplified sequential, what to remove/block off and diagrams

Hi!
Dont gun me down instantly, i have searched around and found what i needed, but during the search, it hit me that it can be abit tricky for new owners to find info on what exactly is removable. Just to have a clarifying thread on this, i wanted to make this thread and pull it by you for quality control. If you spot a flaw, please call out what needs to be corrected

IMPORTANT INFO: If you are in a smogcheck state, you can not remove smog related gear without risking not pulling it through smog-check

For this cleanup, i went with the Banzai blockoff plate kit, and removed the following items:



Double throttle (how to disable or remove double throttle, see this link: http://www.rx7.org/Robinette/double_throttle.htm )

ACV(Air Control Valve)
ACV Tube (Air Control Valve Tube)

Split air pipe
EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation)

AWS (Accellerated Warmup System)

AWS tube (Accellerated Warmup System tube)
ISC ( Idle speed control)

The last two in the banzai kit is for non-sequential, and single turbo. In seq mode, you wont use them.

Pictures of items and plates seen here:
www.banzai-racing.com/how-to_FD_BOP.htm

When this stuff is removed, you follow the simplified sequential diagram here:

https://www.rx7club.com/showthread.p...ied+sequential
oyvindjs is offline  
Old 01-21-12, 11:31 AM
  #2  
Rotary Freak
10 Year Member
iTrader: (14)
 
Julian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Longview, Texas
Posts: 1,855
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No need to delete the ISC ( Idle speed control)


Also if you ever go to a JIM LIM & UIM they will not have the EGR and AWS systems.
Julian is offline  
Old 03-19-12, 08:45 AM
  #3  
half ass 2 or whole ass 1
iTrader: (110)
 
cr-rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: okinawa to tampa
Posts: 1,913
Liked 54 Times in 51 Posts
how can i tell what i can and cant delete with the kit? as in... how do i know if the things i have plates for can be deleted or not?
cr-rex is offline  
Old 03-21-12, 05:01 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 431
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cr-rex View Post
how can i tell what i can and cant delete with the kit? as in... how do i know if the things i have plates for can be deleted or not?
The fact that it HAS a block off plate for a unit, tells you that you can delete it if you want to.

Also, if you dont have a PFC, deleting units may throw fault codes on the stock ecu, so you may need resistors in the plugs belonging to to units you delete.
oyvindjs is offline  
Old 03-21-12, 09:31 AM
  #5  
1.5 Goodfella's Tall
5 Year Member
iTrader: (97)
 
Gringo Grande's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,216
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Banzai Racing has a kit that will let you delete just about everything along with pictures on their website.

I'd just buy the entire kit and whatever you don't use keep for the future in case you ever go Rich Man's Non-Sequential or Single or sell them off to someone else.
Gringo Grande is offline  
Old 03-22-12, 08:05 PM
  #6  
half ass 2 or whole ass 1
iTrader: (110)
 
cr-rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: okinawa to tampa
Posts: 1,913
Liked 54 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Gringo Grande View Post
Banzai Racing has a kit that will let you delete just about everything along with pictures on their website.

I'd just buy the entire kit and whatever you don't use keep for the future in case you ever go Rich Man's Non-Sequential or Single or sell them off to someone else.
I have the banzai kit. My question is, how do I know if I can delete whatever I have a plate for? Ie: I can delete X because I don't have Y. Or I cant delete A because I still have B. Or in order to delete Z I need to do X and Y first. Like that...
cr-rex is offline  
Old 04-09-12, 01:45 PM
  #7  
Rotary Freak
10 Year Member
iTrader: (14)
 
Julian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Longview, Texas
Posts: 1,855
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cr-rex View Post
I have the banzai kit. My question is, how do I know if I can delete whatever I have a plate for? Ie: I can delete X because I don't have Y. Or I cant delete A because I still have B. Or in order to delete Z I need to do X and Y first. Like that...
Use the Kit to delete what you are comfoarble or need to delte because other mods already took the function away. Do not just use the kit to delete stuff becuse you have a plate. Read and learn about the car first.
Julian is offline  
Old 05-03-12, 11:28 AM
  #8  
Built not bought.
5 Year Member
iTrader: (8)
 
StreetRage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 302
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So This is how you convert ur turbos from sequential to non-sequential?.. You just get all these block off plates, block all of it off, and the re-do the vacuum lines by the non-seq diagram?...
Isn't there more that needs to be done?
A professional tuner/mechanic told me that I need to first port the wastegate, then also I have to open the actuators to a certain point and weld them in place, and some other things...
Can somebody clarify this?? Thanks.
StreetRage is offline  
Old 05-03-12, 12:16 PM
  #9  
Full Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 154
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
simplified sequential is not non-sequential. it is still sequential

non-sequential requires more modifications than removal of emissions equipment

Originally Posted by StreetRage View Post
So This is how you convert ur turbos from sequential to non-sequential?.. You just get all these block off plates, block all of it off, and the re-do the vacuum lines by the non-seq diagram?...
Isn't there more that needs to be done?
A professional tuner/mechanic told me that I need to first port the wastegate, then also I have to open the actuators to a certain point and weld them in place, and some other things...
Can somebody clarify this?? Thanks.

Last edited by nismosilvia270r; 05-03-12 at 12:20 PM.
nismosilvia270r is offline  
Old 05-03-12, 12:18 PM
  #10  
1.5 Goodfella's Tall
5 Year Member
iTrader: (97)
 
Gringo Grande's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,216
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
In short. No. Non-Sequential is a lot more than just block off plates. Then there is the Poor Man's and Rich Man's version of NS. This has all been documented extensively on this site and other sites. Please search and read.
Gringo Grande is offline  
Old 07-15-12, 03:48 PM
  #11  
Full Member
iTrader: (6)
 
t_warne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 64
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What value resistors do I need? I'm using all the plates except The idles speed control and the Rear turbo oil return ( of course ).

Thanks
t_warne is offline  
Old 07-15-12, 06:35 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
iTrader: (8)
 
jayscoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 588
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reading the OP post I thought simplified sequential deletes air pump too?
jayscoobs is offline  
Old 10-25-12, 09:32 PM
  #13  
FD Project
iTrader: (2)
 
TIICONV89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DFW
Posts: 235
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
bringing this back to life.

Im doing the same, keeping the Factory ECU
using most block off plates except The idles speed control and the Rear turbo oil return
and planing to use the resistors 330ohm 1/2W
also my next step is simplify VAC lines to keep it sequencial functioning.

but reading other post said i have to use a 12V relay for the EGR connector to avoid CODES.
also the post is like 5+ yrs old.

can some one confirm if that is correct?
TIICONV89 is offline  
Old 04-13-16, 04:49 PM
  #14  
Full Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Richmond va
Posts: 108
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by TIICONV89 View Post
bringing this back to life.

Im doing the same, keeping the Factory ECU
using most block off plates except The idles speed control and the Rear turbo oil return
and planing to use the resistors 330ohm 1/2W
also my next step is simplify VAC lines to keep it sequencial functioning.

but reading other post said i have to use a 12V relay for the EGR connector to avoid CODES.
also the post is like 5+ yrs old.

can some one confirm if that is correct?
Resurrection! Anyone know if a 12v relay is necessary for the EGR connector to avoid codes on the stock ECU? also, anyone have more info on the resistors needed and where exactly they go on a simplified sequential rats nest removal with the stock ECU?
Rx7ADK is offline  
Old 03-04-19, 06:31 PM
  #15  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: NYC
Posts: 29
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TIICONV89 View Post
bringing this back to life.

Im doing the same, keeping the Factory ECU
using most block off plates except The idles speed control and the Rear turbo oil return
and planing to use the resistors 330ohm 1/2W
also my next step is simplify VAC lines to keep it sequencial functioning.

but reading other post said i have to use a 12V relay for the EGR connector to avoid CODES.
also the post is like 5+ yrs old.

can some one confirm if that is correct?
deepening the resurrection, does anyone know if a resistor/relay is required to do an egr delete on a stock ecu?
Mines an s4

EDIT: its not. I think only 94-95 and cali rx7s have wiring to the egr

Last edited by dorrifto dorrito; 03-04-19 at 07:50 PM.
dorrifto dorrito is online now  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Bauer778
3rd Generation Specific (1993-2002)
10
11-04-15 04:42 PM
ls1swap
3rd Generation Specific (1993-2002)
12
10-01-15 07:58 PM
Postman09
3rd Generation Specific (1993-2002)
0
09-29-15 11:23 AM
Snook
3rd Generation Specific (1993-2002)
11
09-24-15 09:13 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Simplified sequential, what to remove/block off and diagrams


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.