My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-05, 11:42 PM
Collections Hold

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME

Well, After 8 months of work, I have the Rx-7 running and pounding down the road. I havent posted anything on it before, wanted to wait until it was close to finished. It does feature cup holders I made, along with a custom stainless 321 header I fab'ed up, 3 to collector, 3.5" the header back, 3, 3.5 inch Borla mufflers, and and dolphin tail section I added on, always wanted one. Any I have a **** load of pics, and a sound video, will post them slowly, as its late at night right now. So enjoy, dont be too hard on me, it not totally finished yet, and the small p-ports arent hooked up yet, and capped off.

Quick info on the setup-
C-series 20b, S5 n/a rotors, race rotor bearings, dynamic balanced rotating assembly, street-port side ports, small semi-ports machined into rotor housings, race port exhaust. 10lbs flywheel, rps 6-puck clutch. full custom intake, machined flange welded on, 55mm throttle bodies from tweak-it, I hand made the air box, full custom garage made header/ exhaust, Microtech Lt-12 computer, stock injectors, Lots of cutom made stuff I did, anodizing of most aluminum, I welded onto the autopower cage, painted by me as well, custom made motor mounts, and ****...blah blah balh, RG coilovers, Kazz LSD, jimlab bushings, ect. ect. ect. Bride seat, omp wheel, takata harness, ahh, too much to list. Check the pics!!

The machinist that made the p-ports and adapter plate ect. does great work, can do p-ports for $250 per housing. Contact me for details, John Holt did the aluminum welding, John holt race cars.
Attached Thumbnails My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-early-header1.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-nice-header.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-nice-header2.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-2.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-p-port2.jpg  

Last edited by GtoRx7; 08-17-05 at 11:56 PM.
Old 08-17-05, 11:44 PM
Collections Hold

some more pic, I gotta alot
Attached Thumbnails My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-3.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-4.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-5.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-6.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-center-console.jpg  

Old 08-17-05, 11:46 PM
Collections Hold

more
Attached Thumbnails My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-7.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-8.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-9.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-10.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-11.jpg  

Old 08-17-05, 11:48 PM
Collections Hold

and more
Attached Thumbnails My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-12.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-12.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-13.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-14.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-15.jpg  

Old 08-17-05, 11:49 PM
Collections Hold

more yet
Attached Thumbnails My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-16.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-17.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-18.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-19.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-20.jpg  

Old 08-17-05, 11:51 PM
Collections Hold

moooore
Attached Thumbnails My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-21.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-22.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-23.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-24.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-26.jpg  

Old 08-17-05, 11:53 PM
Collections Hold

yep
Attached Thumbnails My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-27.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-28.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-29.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished-rotating-assm.jpg   My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME-3-rotor-finished.jpg  

Old 08-17-05, 11:58 PM
Collections Hold

It feels to be about 340- 360 horsepower right now, dyno coming soon. I beat a 04 Z06 corvette, from 80-150, by about 8 car lengths, if that helps any. ALL MOTOR ROCKS!!
Old 08-18-05, 12:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks really nice. I like the air box. When is the dyno day?

-destin
Old 08-18-05, 12:06 AM
Collections Hold

OH yeah, the motor is using a entirely stock oil pan, not a cut in it, just relocated the oil drain, barely cut the stock subframe for a little clearance. Using a FD S6 front cover, no factory 20b CAS!! Just drilled some holes for the front cover in the oil pan, took 5-minutes. Had to cut off the top pressure feed on the steering rack, relocated it to the side, allowed much lower mounting. relocated the alternator to where the a/c was. that was it, no bump steer, ( Very important in a drift/ road race car) all factory placement. Am I the first?? who knows.
Old 08-18-05, 12:09 AM
Collections Hold

Hopefully on tues or thursday next week is dyno time. Running on 89 octane is also nice. Oh yeah, it goes to 8,500rpms easily, still has ton of oil pressure, and pulls all the way.
Old 08-18-05, 01:25 AM
Admitted Sevenaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, so this is what you have been up to since I last seen yah.

Amazing, and a few other cool words. Can't wait to see it up close.....
Old 08-18-05, 10:22 AM

Received 307 Likes on 268 Posts
what's it like in terms of street manners?

it looks great to me. i love turbos, but i'm a sucker for a nice N/A setup and this is definitely a NICE N/A setup. can't wait to see more pics and video.

Old 08-18-05, 12:17 PM
I'll blow it up real good

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great setup. That header looks fantastic. I'd like to hear some sound clips of it.
Where is the runner for the semi-p-port on the lower intake? Did you weld on some runners? I just didn't see any pics of how you did it.
You are certainly one up on the rest of us...especially with those custom fabbed cupholders
Old 08-18-05, 01:02 PM
Lapping = Fapping

Received 70 Likes on 64 Posts
That's the coolest 20B header I've ever seen! It makes mine look like a pile of puke.

Quick Reply: My rx-7 is done with cup holders! And a 3-rotor semi p-port N/a setup, STOCK SUBFRAME