Go Back  RX7Club.com - Mazda RX7 Forum > Tech and Performance > Single Turbo RX-7's
Reload this Page >

BW turbo spool comparison between the S366 and SXE 369

Single Turbo RX-7's Questions about all aspects of single turbo setups.

BW turbo spool comparison between the S366 and SXE 369

Old 09-02-15, 03:58 PM
  #1  
AXA
Full Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Miami
Posts: 231
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BW turbo spool comparison between the S366 and SXE 369

Some info for comparison sake on both of this turbo... I was ask to post this on my ViPec thread by a nother forum member..

Drop by Rotary Werks and got dyno logs.. Wow I never thought it was going to be this much difference between the two..turbocharged Technology has come a long way ..

Red line BW SXE 369 with .91 A/R
Black line BW s366 with .91 A/R
Both at 12 psi at my WG spring boost pressures ... boost controller off..
You can also see the BW SXE 369 AFR are pig rich .. This one was the first pull we did with the SXE 369..
Attached Thumbnails BW turbo spool comparison between the S366 and SXE 369-image.jpg  
AXA is offline  
Old 09-02-15, 04:57 PM
  #2  
Adaptronic Distributor
RX7Club Vendor
iTrader: (12)
 
Turblown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 6,909
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
So this was back to back( ie like within 30 minutes of each other)?

Zero other changes?

How would one figure there would be a difference in boost response if the turbine housings are the same( part numbers are even the same) and the turbine wheels are suppose ably the same too? I have some here, but I don't have any older SX units to compare them too... I have noticed the catalog lists a slightly minute difference in size, but there are also other typos too...

If anything the SXE69 should be slower than the older 66. It has a bigger compressor wheel. Obviously its slightly lighter, but I have never seen more than 50 RPM gain( also logged shaft speed) with moving to a drop in billet wheel( TDX stuff).
Turblown is offline  
Old 09-02-15, 05:20 PM
  #3  
AXA
Full Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Miami
Posts: 231
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Turblown View Post
So this was back to back( ie like within 30 minutes of each other)? Zero other changes? How would one figure there would be a difference in boost response if the turbine housings are the same( part numbers are even the same) and the turbine wheels are suppose ably the same too? I have some here, but I don't have any older SX units to compare them too... I have noticed the catalog lists a slightly minute difference in size, but there are also other typos too... If anything the SXE69 should be slower than the older 66. It has a bigger compressor wheel. Obviously its slightly lighter, but I have never seen more than 50 RPM gain( also logged shaft speed) with moving to a drop in billet wheel( TDX stuff).

Was not done the same day.. Come on bro... This is just to share information not a real back to back test. The old s366 Dyno was done in June 2105 and the S369 in July 2015...
You can read in my post above the turbine housing was the same... Just change the turbo.. Exhaust wheel are the same in both turbo...
AXA is offline  
Old 09-02-15, 05:35 PM
  #4  
AXA
Full Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Miami
Posts: 231
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I forgot nothing else was change in the car except the turbo..
AXA is offline  
Old 09-03-15, 01:14 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 482
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks about right to me. The 69 has quite a bit more lag. 66 is making quite a bit more power till about 5k then the 69 takes off which it should. It would be nice to see some high boost numbers from the 69. 12 psi seems to be a waste for this turbo.

Last edited by Neutron; 09-03-15 at 02:02 AM.
Neutron is offline  
Old 09-03-15, 06:59 AM
  #6  
Adaptronic Distributor
RX7Club Vendor
iTrader: (12)
 
Turblown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 6,909
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
Looks about right to me. The 69 has quite a bit more lag. 66 is making quite a bit more power till about 5k then the 69 takes off which it should. It would be nice to see some high boost numbers from the 69. 12 psi seems to be a waste for this turbo.
I totally looked at that graphs wrong ! It does look as one would expect. I fitted a sxe on a car last night and I am surprised at how large the compressor cover is !
Turblown is offline  
Old 09-03-15, 10:17 AM
  #7  
AXA
Full Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Miami
Posts: 231
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
Looks about right to me. The 69 has quite a bit more lag. 66 is making quite a bit more power till about 5k then the 69 takes off which it should. It would be nice to see some high boost numbers from the 69. 12 psi seems to be a waste for this turbo.
Here is one at 18 psi we got 467 whp.. @ 20 psi we got 527 whp .. The 20 psi graph I need to get from the dyno computer...
Attached Thumbnails BW turbo spool comparison between the S366 and SXE 369-image.jpg  
AXA is offline  
Old 09-04-15, 09:49 AM
  #8  
Rotary Freak
iTrader: (20)
 
Rx7aholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Morris Plains, NJ USA
Posts: 1,868
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you list the supporting mods to the engine? Streetport, or Stock and type of ecu?
Rx7aholic is offline  
Old 09-05-15, 10:06 AM
  #9  
AXA
Full Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Miami
Posts: 231
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rx7aholic View Post
Can you list the supporting mods to the engine? Streetport, or Stock and type of ecu?

Semi peripheral Turbo II engine
High Comp Rotor
FD upper intake manifold

ECU VIPEC V88
FFE front wheel with hall sensor
AXA is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
ChrisRX8PR
Single Turbo RX-7's
18
08-21-15 01:56 PM
Turblown
Vendor Classifieds
0
08-18-15 10:01 PM
Wolf_
Single Turbo RX-7's
3
08-11-15 04:23 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BW turbo spool comparison between the S366 and SXE 369


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: