6766 FD vs 71mm is300 - Page 3 - RX7Club.com - Mazda RX7 Forum

Racing Kills Lounge The RX-7 Club and IB in no way supports or endorses illegal street racing in any way, shape or form, and highly recommends against any illegal activities.

6766 FD vs 71mm is300

Old 06-14-13, 11:13 AM
  #51  
500+hp club
5 Year Member
iTrader: (26)
 
silverfdturbo6port's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Spokane Wa
Posts: 2,212
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I didnt study the video for hours like you guys did. I was just stating that there are variables. I swear the rx7 community is becoming like the honda guys. I mean rx7 se thinks the car "Sounds" near stock lmao!
No matter what people share, explain, or talk about there always has to be someone that knows more about someone elses ****.
silverfdturbo6port is offline  
Old 06-14-13, 11:54 AM
  #52  
Enthusiast
iTrader: (5)
 
rx7 SE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,180
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by silverfdturbo6port View Post
I didnt study the video for hours like you guys did. I was just stating that there are variables. I swear the rx7 community is becoming like the honda guys. I mean rx7 se thinks the car "Sounds" near stock lmao!
No matter what people share, explain, or talk about there always has to be someone that knows more about someone elses ****.
I watched it once idiot. Wasn't all that hard to figure it out. You of all people should know what a 500+ rwhp FD is capable of by looking at your sig. Or maybe you should just believe everything you see on the internet?

Can you really not tell the difference in sound between a 300 hp rotary and 500 hp rotary? Maybe you should go back to your Honda buddies.
rx7 SE is offline  
Old 06-14-13, 12:38 PM
  #53  
Don't worry be happy...
iTrader: (1)
 
Montego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 6,385
Thanked 69 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Yellow R1 View Post
OK, we have all established the FD does not put down 550 rwhp. Just wanted to say, Montego, your optimal conditions post had me on the floor ;o)

RX7 SE, I believe it. With 350HP, you have the same Hp/Weight ratio as a stock C5 ZO6. Your FC is pretty friggin' quick. Cool.
Agreed

Originally Posted by rx7 SE View Post
I watched it once idiot.
I don't know why but that comment
Montego is offline  
Old 06-17-13, 08:54 PM
  #54  
500+hp club
5 Year Member
iTrader: (26)
 
silverfdturbo6port's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Spokane Wa
Posts: 2,212
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rx7 SE View Post
I watched it once idiot. Wasn't all that hard to figure it out. You of all people should know what a 500+ rwhp FD is capable of by looking at your sig. Or maybe you should just believe everything you see on the internet?

Can you really not tell the difference in sound between a 300 hp rotary and 500 hp rotary? Maybe you should go back to your Honda buddies.
You cant read maybe? or can you?
You can read my sig but you forgot that you read that I said and agreed that its not 550hp or whp or what every the guy is claiming. 300 hp ? who knows. Stock who knows? 1hp who knows?
What are you getting all worked up over?
Take a deep breath.
silverfdturbo6port is offline  
Old 06-20-13, 01:29 AM
  #55  
Nice Wankel
iTrader: (12)
 
TougeSpirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North America
Posts: 423
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by silverfdturbo6port View Post
You cant read maybe? or can you?
You can read my sig but you forgot that you read that I said and agreed that its not 550hp or whp or what every the guy is claiming. 300 hp ? who knows. Stock who knows? 1hp who knows?
What are you getting all worked up over?
Take a deep breath.
Friday has come and gone, videos?
TougeSpirit is offline  
Old 06-27-13, 01:49 PM
  #56  
The king of the highway!
10 Year Member
iTrader: (2)
 
darkphantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Home of the 305 Boyz(miami)
Posts: 2,989
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Montego View Post
The video clearly stated the FD was 550RWHP which means that it should be putting that to the ground at the time of the race. Making 550 at -30F, below sea level, with the wind behind it, and in a bunker that is down hill is pointless to this race.



That is exactly what we are saying that is not a 550RWHP FD.



Yes and in the moon I can bench 1800lbs, does that mean I claim a world record here on earth?
when i ran the ron fellows z06 making 486hp (on a dynojet).. i had only 410 (on the same dynojet).. and it was dead even until 5th gear (which is too long of a gear to get a good acceleration powerband)..(thats a 76hp difference)

so i assure you.. if i had 550 or 600 i would be sure to beat a zr1...
And for the record. in that video there was nothing wrong with his driving at alll. the zr1 was simply faster.. Besides the fact the rx7 didnt open hard at all.. sounded stock


Originally Posted by Yellow R1 View Post
OK, we have all established the FD does not put down 550 rwhp. Just wanted to say, Montego, your optimal conditions post had me on the floor ;o)

RX7 SE, I believe it. With 350HP, you have the same Hp/Weight ratio as a stock C5 ZO6. Your FC is pretty friggin' quick. Cool.
umm. no 320 will put you close with a C6 but not a z06...
darkphantom is offline  
Old 06-28-13, 01:32 AM
  #57  
Senior Member
15 Year Member
 
Yellow R1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 504
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
when i ran the ron fellows z06 making 486hp (on a dynojet).. i had only 410 (on the same dynojet).. and it was dead even until 5th gear (which is too long of a gear to get a good acceleration powerband)..(thats a 76hp difference)

so i assure you.. if i had 550 or 600 i would be sure to beat a zr1...
And for the record. in that video there was nothing wrong with his driving at alll. the zr1 was simply faster.. Besides the fact the rx7 didnt open hard at all.. sounded stock




umm. no 320 will put you close with a C6 but not a z06...
Yes, it will. Can you not read? A C5 ("five") ZO6 was what was highlighted. Can you not cross multiply?
Yellow R1 is offline  
Old 06-28-13, 12:32 PM
  #58  
The king of the highway!
10 Year Member
iTrader: (2)
 
darkphantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Home of the 305 Boyz(miami)
Posts: 2,989
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yellowr1

have you even raced a z06.... c5 or c6.... or any vette... with video for proof?

If so what was the outcome
darkphantom is offline  
Old 07-03-13, 11:59 PM
  #59  
rotary sensei
15 Year Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Mr rx-7 tt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,311
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
yellowr1

have you even raced a z06.... c5 or c6.... or any vette...
Yes, many.


Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
with video for proof?
How about with me in the car? You want to go down that road?

Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
If so what was the outcome
He wiped the floor with them. When I had the car last year after the rebuild and the meth inj tuning etc. I put a bus length on a modified C6Z.
Mr rx-7 tt is offline  
Old 07-04-13, 06:31 PM
  #60  
RAWWRRX7
iTrader: (1)
 
drezjdmrx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
Posts: 198
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
That poopra mopped the floor with everyone. Expected though.
drezjdmrx7 is offline  
Old 07-04-13, 06:33 PM
  #61  
RAWWRRX7
iTrader: (1)
 
drezjdmrx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
Posts: 198
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by silverfdturbo6port View Post
I didnt study the video for hours like you guys did. I was just stating that there are variables. I swear the rx7 community is becoming like the honda guys. I mean rx7 se thinks the car "Sounds" near stock lmao!
No matter what people share, explain, or talk about there always has to be someone that knows more about someone elses ****.

RX7's got too cheap. So Honda guys can afford it then they realize they can't maintain it and even lower the value by reselling it. People just grow out of it and get an M3 or a P-car
drezjdmrx7 is offline  
Old 07-05-13, 09:52 AM
  #62  
The king of the highway!
10 Year Member
iTrader: (2)
 
darkphantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Home of the 305 Boyz(miami)
Posts: 2,989
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr rx-7 tt View Post
Yes, many.


How about with me in the car? You want to go down that road?

He wiped the floor with them. When I had the car last year after the rebuild and the meth inj tuning etc. I put a bus length on a modified C6Z.




as in what turbo & psi?
darkphantom is offline  
Old 07-05-13, 03:12 PM
  #63  
FD Project
iTrader: (58)
 
BLACK MAMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,352
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know who that FD belongs too and he doesn't know how to drive it, that car did 10.4, 10.6in the 1/4 when the builder drove it, owner just shift to early and let's the rpm drop and car falls on its face.
BLACK MAMBA is offline  
Old 07-05-13, 11:11 PM
  #64  
rotary sensei
15 Year Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Mr rx-7 tt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,311
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
as in what turbo & psi?
When? (What year) What Z06? What Ferrari? What turbo Porsche?
Mr rx-7 tt is offline  
Old 07-07-13, 06:47 PM
  #65  
Senior Member
15 Year Member
 
Yellow R1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 504
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
as in what turbo & psi?
Maybe where you are from, a Corvette is a big deal. I've run & smoked modded P-cars & F-cars.....A C5 Z06, a C6, or a C6 Z06 aren't much of a big deal where I live & my FD is just always proven quicker.
Yellow R1 is offline  
Old 07-07-13, 10:33 PM
  #66  
Original Gangster/Rotary!

iTrader: (205)
 
GoodfellaFD3S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: FL-->NJ/NYC again!
Posts: 29,983
Thanked 112 Times in 99 Posts
There's something to be said for an FD that's built right, tuned right, and runs right. Peak power isn't everything, it's area under the curve...... and all those +1%'s add up. Attention to detail pays off in the end
GoodfellaFD3S is offline  
Old 07-08-13, 07:08 AM
  #67  
The king of the highway!
10 Year Member
iTrader: (2)
 
darkphantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Home of the 305 Boyz(miami)
Posts: 2,989
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FC3S1991 View Post
I know who that FD belongs too and he doesn't know how to drive it, that car did 10.4, 10.6in the 1/4 when the builder drove it, owner just shift to early and let's the rpm drop and car falls on its face.
meaning he's shortshifting?

Originally Posted by Yellow R1 View Post
Maybe where you are from, a Corvette is a big deal. I've run & smoked modded P-cars & F-cars.....A C5 Z06, a C6, or a C6 Z06 aren't much of a big deal where I live & my FD is just always proven quicker.
corvettes aren't a big deal.. beating one usually puts you in a different category when racing.. thats all im saying

It took me around 447hp to beat a c6 vette. then again i never ran a stock vette either
darkphantom is offline  
Old 07-08-13, 01:30 PM
  #68  
Senior Member
15 Year Member
 
Yellow R1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 504
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GoodfellaFD3S View Post
There's something to be said for an FD that's built right, tuned right, and runs right. Peak power isn't everything, it's area under the curve...... and all those +1%'s add up. Attention to detail pays off in the end
Agree completly....I think it takes time to dial in your mods & have them work as a relaible system to produce good power.....and to your point Rich - I agree - power under the curve is nice to have. Cheers Fellas.

-Matt
Yellow R1 is offline  
Old 07-08-13, 06:32 PM
  #69  
The king of the highway!
10 Year Member
iTrader: (2)
 
darkphantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Home of the 305 Boyz(miami)
Posts: 2,989
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GoodfellaFD3S View Post
There's something to be said for an FD that's built right, tuned right, and runs right. Peak power isn't everything, it's area under the curve...... and all those +1%'s add up. Attention to detail pays off in the end

mainly a good powerband that gives you at least 4-5000rpm's to play with... gt47's where you shift as soon as you spool is fun but not good for racing.. as your all over the place
darkphantom is offline  
Old 07-09-13, 07:18 PM
  #70  
Back to basics
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
dabigesii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Crescent City
Posts: 794
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GoodfellaFD3S View Post
There's something to be said for an FD that's built right, tuned right, and runs right. Peak power isn't everything, it's area under the curve...... and all those +1%'s add up. Attention to detail pays off in the end
Yes indeed
dabigesii is offline  
Old 02-12-14, 04:44 PM
  #71  
Sleeper
iTrader: (21)
 
ArmenMAxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,478
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Does someone have new vids to update us with?
ArmenMAxx is offline  
Old 02-21-14, 06:43 PM
  #72  
Senior Member
10 Year Member
iTrader: (7)
 
RiceFx306's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Flower Mound, TX
Posts: 630
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ArmenMAxx View Post
Does someone have new vids to update us with?
TX2K isn't for a few more weeks.
RiceFx306 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
sage of the 7 paths
2nd Generation Specific (1986-1992)
7
09-15-09 12:42 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6766 FD vs 71mm is300


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: