Interior / Exterior / Audio Talk about interior and exterior mods including audio.

Don't Use Federal Express!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-01, 04:44 PM
NYC's Loudest FD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't Use Federal Express!!!!!!!

I ordered a JL Audio Stealthbox, which I've been looking for like 3 years from someone in TX. It got shipped via Fedex ground. A few days later, the package never arrived on it's arrival date. Naturally I called Fedex to find out what happend to the package and the answer I got from the lady on the liine was "I don't know where your package is sir", and we don't know what happened to it. the lady tells me to call back tommorow which I do and still the same answer, so I ask how does a company like Fedex lose a package that's 54lbs. heavy, and a pretty cumbersome size. Well I know what happened someone at Fedex STOLE IT. The reason I'm writing this is because apparently I'm not the first person that Fedex has done this to, alot more other people have told me the same type of story. Fedex doesn't care about your packages people so this is just a warning note to all. BTW they also said that all they will reimburse me is $100.00 from the cost of a $750.00 box, do you belive this? Is there anyone out there who wants to sell a JL Audio Stealthbox for 93-95 RX7?
Old 08-02-01, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry FedEX goof up....

That was a lame excuse that they gave you. Did you ever have the tracking #. They are supposed to have scans of the package for every hub that the box stops at. With the tracking # they are supposed to know where and when the last time they scanned the package. Sorry about the mishap, but I always thought that Fedex is the best compared to those devils that wear brown (UPS). Maybe it's just running a little bit late.

Laters,
Jason
Old 08-02-01, 08:16 PM

Angry Me too!

I sent a printer ($600 big *** printer) to HP with FED EX Ground...Gone...Vanished..See Ya Never! Three months later I'm like "ummm O.K., Like where's my printer" HP says we never got it, Fed EX says DOH! I say I want my PRINTER!! HP sends me a better, bigger and newer one for free!

Last edited by Mr. Mahtab; 08-02-01 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-02-01, 09:49 PM
NYC's Loudest FD

Yes I had the tracking #'s and everything, they don't know what happened to the package and the last track they have of it is in TX, so I don't know(and neither do they), if it even ever left TX. All I know is Fedex cost me $750.00 and probably the only chance I'll ever have to owning a JL Audio Stealthbox for a 3rd. Gen(Cause it was discontinued a long time ago), like I said before I will NEVER use Fedex AGAIN!!!! I hope some PR guy or some mangement guy from Fedex reads this and sees how dissapointing it is for someone to lose something that is valued to them, and it's not about the money, it's about the principal of it all.

Last edited by RX794; 08-02-01 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-04-01, 01:09 PM
It's never fast enough...

Location: Miami - Given 1st place as the POOREST city in the US as per the federal government
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Who did you order it from? They may be able to be fully reimbursed for it since they are the shippers, and then they will either refund you the $$ or at least send you out another one. Depending on the size of the company you ordered it from, they may even just ship you out another one, and wait for themselves to be reinbursed from Fedex.

I worked for a mail order company that use to ship thousands of boxes on a weekly basis. Then the company switched over to Airborne onle because they are cheaper. Ever since then, it was a total nightmare. Fedex was always on time and a dream to work with, but like anything else, everyone has a bad experience with a company at one point or another.
Old 08-04-01, 07:01 PM
NYC's Loudest FD

I am in contact with the sender, and he said once he gets reimbursed from Fedex, then he'll reimburse me, but the problem is that Fedex said they will only pay $100.00 if it wasn't insured and I'm pretty sure it wasn't so I'm still assed out!
Old 08-07-01, 08:05 PM
Rotary Enthusiast

If you paid using a credit card directly or credit card paid to paypal, tell your bank that the goods are never received so they can take it off your bill.

Fedex ground is new so I am sure they have lots of kinks in their operations.
Old 08-11-03, 10:23 AM
NYC's Loudest FD

Sorry I didn't get to update this till now, I got my $ back from Fedex, they reimbursed it, well I guess that's the end of the story.
Old 08-11-03, 08:24 PM
Gabriel Gonzales = Crook.

Year old thread.
Old 08-13-03, 08:25 PM
Accepting Donations.

two years old, actually.
Old 08-13-03, 11:08 PM
Rotary Freak

that sucks
Old 08-14-03, 12:19 AM

hehe, 2 years to get it resolved. wow. =P.

hehe, unless he just didnt keep us updated. =)
Old 08-14-03, 10:56 AM
Gabriel Gonzales = Crook.

Originally posted by rx7speed811
two years old, actually.
<---doesn't know how to count.
Old 08-30-04, 11:12 PM

anyone happen to have a pic of a stealthbox? I'm looking for ideas for a custom enclosure
Old 08-31-04, 01:58 PM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

this is why you pay for the insurance when you are shipping high cost items.

It is an option, that costs a couple dollars more.

I've had things shipped US -> canada worth just about the same money, always with insurance, air and ground.

Never had one thing lost on me.

PAY FOR INSURANCE. LESSON LEARNED?
Old 08-31-04, 03:33 PM
DSM

I like UPS and DHL or whatever.
Old 08-31-04, 06:32 PM
Eats, Sleeps, Dreams Rotary

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Hummm ive never had a problem with fedex and i shipp a lot of stuff wid them
Old 08-31-04, 08:58 PM
Rebreaking things

I have always had good luck with Fedex, UPS is another story. That company should be burned to the ground. They couldn't get their foot out of their own *** if you paid them priority overnight with Saturday delivery to do it.

Couple examples:
(1) Two months ago they broke my brand new Infiniti Beta 50 speakers in transit, which were shipped in the Infiniti packaging, then took weeks to refund the money. The boxes looked like they fell out of their cargo plane before it landed and they gave me flake about paying out a refund.

(2) Last week the delivery guy buzzed the doorbell at my building, and as with all my other 2nd day deliveries, I let him in and affirmatively told him to come up. 15 minutes go by and he doesn't appear. I go downstairs and he is gone. The next day he buzzes again and I go down to meet him. By the time I’m downstairs he is already back in his truck. I asked him what happened the day before and he said he refuses to deliver to people's doors in the building because it takes too much time, so he just left (without explaining this and giving me a chance to go down). What a lazy bastard employee.
He should be grateful he is not delivering to houses in the suburbs instead of condos and apartments. On the other hand maybe I should be grateful they don't make me drive to their regional office to pick up my packages. -but then again Fedex, DHL and US mail all deliver to my door without me even having to say 'come up.'

(3) They charged me 2X as much as DHL to ship a box from MA to Cali and it took 2x as long.

(4) They dented my Magnaflow muffler; I had the second one delivered by Fedex without a problem.

(5) I shipped a pair of turbos to Rotormtr last month using UPS, because he specifically requested that I use them (which I didn't mind doing for his convenience). I packaged the turbos in a wine box and brought them to the UPS store. The first thing the person asked was whether the box contained alcohol. I showed her it did not and she wrote 'car parts' on the paperwork and gave me a copy. Several days later the tracking number claims a delivery attempt was made but nobody was there to receive it. I talked to Heath and he said no delivery attempt was made. I called their regional office and they made me do the leg work to trace the package (calling various numbers ect). Near the end of the day I was told that the package was delivered. Heath said it was not. Then I was told it was NOT delivered because it contained alcohol and got lectured about trying to ship alcohol interstate.

I called the local office and they said the package never left the office! Why?-because it contained alcohol! So apparently they have a team of monkeys randomly entering tracking info into their computer that occasionally, by pure chance, turns out to be accurate. I had to remind the attendant of our conversation and offered to bring in the receipt on which she printed 'car parts' before she would ship it.

(6) They have repeatedly claimed to have made delivery attempts without doing so at different addresses, in different states, which indicates that it is a system wide problem.

(7) Yesterday I put in a request for a company to send me a call tag. Two people were home all day, nobody heard the door bell ring, yet the UPS person left a notice that a delivery attempt was made.

I have concluded it is a company of morons. They must have idiots training idiots under a system of organization that is less effective than that of every other shipping company I have dealt with. If you hate someone, send them their package by UPS. There is a good chance that they will receive it broken, late, or not at all. At the very least they will probably have to expend energy to get UPS to hand it over. Compared to UPS Fedex is divine.
Old 08-31-04, 09:27 PM
"I see triangles"

Best = USPS
Old 08-31-04, 11:00 PM
DSM

Best = Deliver it yourself.
Deliver it yourself = Most expensive and time consuming and annoying.
Old 08-31-04, 11:22 PM
Sponsor
RX7Club Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I paid for insurance, and it was worth it...cuz someone from Fedex stole an entire TIRE MOUNTED ON A RIM in transit to me lol. A 275/40 w/ a 17" rim....how the HELL do you sneak away?! lol
Old 09-02-04, 09:17 PM

UPS will crush whatever you give them to ship. Then, irregardless if you bought insurance or not, they'll claim it wasn't packaged properly and tell you to screw off.
Old 09-04-04, 09:28 AM
Rotary Freak

My friend use to work at FEDex and tell stories of peeps throwing sheit from left to right. And those fools be taking and stealing speakers or whatever that is nice.