Pineapple Racing Premier Rotary engines and performance parts supplier

GB: FB & FC Alternator Relocation Bracket by Pineapple Racing

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-05, 10:22 AM
Haven't we ALL heard this

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blake
Weird? What else did you think they were for? The front cover is offset 3/8th of an inch from the front plate. Mazda made spacers for the AC/PS brackets but unless your car had AC or PS, you probably don't have them. Mazda does not stock them and finding an SAE 3/8-inch thick spacer that will clear a 10mm thread bolt is all but impossible. For the last GB, I bought aluminum drill bit stops and bored out the ID. This time, I bought some heavy wall tubing and am cutting each one individually. Major PITA.
Yeah, good call on what else could they before...

I thought they were used for the spacer I needed for the alternator in the bracket. But I just used a nut there.

James
Old 11-10-05, 01:18 PM
Rotary Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mireck 12A
Any update on the shipping Blake? and/or tracking?
Yes. I got tired of waiting on machinists and broke down and made 100 front cover spacers myself (enough for 50 kits), so that problem is settled for a long time to come. All the paid orders are shipped, except for yours which I will have to take into the post office myself due to the international shipping...I will be doing that on my lunch hour, so I should have a tracking number this afternoon. Sorry for the delay.

--
Blake
Old 11-10-05, 01:26 PM
Rotary Freak

Originally Posted by Wankel7
Yeah, good call on what else could they before...

I thought they were used for the spacer I needed for the alternator in the bracket. But I just used a nut there.

James
If you need a 10mm spacer for the alternator itself, I have those available for $3 plus shipping. The only time you need a spacer is if you have a S5 or if you are putting any sort of 2nd gen alternator on a 1st gen and you don't have the stock S4 spacer.
Old 11-10-05, 01:33 PM
Rotary Freak

I've been gettimg PMs from people who have not been able to make sense of the GB from reading back through the long thread, so here is a re-cap on pricing:

The price of the kit is $65, and it includes:

(1) Alternator Bracket
(2) Flat Tensioner
(3) One M12x1.5 Bolt
(4) Two M10x1.25 Bolts
(5) Two 3/8" front cover spacers
(6) Two M8x1.25 Bolts
(7) Four M8 Washers

This does not include the 10mm alternator spacer, which you would normally have unless you own a S5 or are swapping an alternator from a 2nd gen onto a 1st gen (1st gen alts have a different spacer). I have the 10mm spacers available for $3 each.

The turnbuckle style tensioner, when they are back in stock, will be $25. We were losing money when selling them for $15 and that was with me doing the machining myself and not charging.

Mailing cost is $7.70 anywhere in the USA, via USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Box.

Payment can be Paypal'd to sales@pineappleracing.com or you may call us with a credit card number.

Here is a picture of the bracket:

--
Blake Qualley
Pineapple Racing
(503) 233-3878
Old 11-10-05, 04:27 PM
Rotary Freak

Okay, I was able to knock out a few turnbuckle center sections in brass (it's all we had on hand) on a friend's lathe. I didn't do more because of time constraint and the fact that I only had three rod end pairs in stock.

Spencer was next in line for a turnbuckle tensioner, so one of the three is his if he still wants it. The other two are up for grabs, but anyone currently on the list has priority over those who haven't sent in a deposit. The price is $25 each. If your order has not shipped, I can add it to the box for no extra shipping cost. If you need it sent separately, the cost is $3.85 USPS Priority Mail in the US.

--
Blake
Old 11-11-05, 10:16 AM
Racingbeat dealer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes. I got tired of waiting on machinists and broke down and made 100 front cover spacers myself (enough for 50 kits), so that problem is settled for a long time to come. All the paid orders are shipped, except for yours which I will have to take into the post office myself due to the international shipping...I will be doing that on my lunch hour, so I should have a tracking number this afternoon. Sorry for the delay.

--
Blake

No problem, thanks for the update, PM me with the tracking number or send it by email.
Old 11-11-05, 01:40 PM
Rotary Freak

Originally Posted by Mireck 12A
No problem, thanks for the update, PM me with the tracking number or send it by email.

PM'd it to you.
Old 11-11-05, 07:33 PM
Rotary Freak

I created an illustration to help explain what goes where. It will be included in the kits mailed out from this point forwards but I thought I should post it for those who already got their kits before it was available, as well as for those wanting to know what is included in the kit before ordering.

--
Blake Qualley
Pineapple Racing
(503) 233-3878
Old 11-13-05, 02:39 PM
Rotary Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got mine in the mail yesterday very nice better than expected actually

thanks blake
Old 11-14-05, 03:44 PM
Rotary Freak

Just a quick update:

(1) Mark in Glencoe, IL -- PAID & SHIPPED
(2) David in Pleasanton, CA -- PAID & SHIPPED
(3) Kyle in Gibsonia, PA -- PAID & SHIPPED
(4) Charn in Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada -- PAID & SHIPPED
(5) Josh in New Braunfels, TX -- PAID & SHIPPED
(6) Mireck in Uden, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands -- PAID & SHIPPED
(7) Spencer in Acton, Ontario, Canada
(8) Zach temporarily in Middle East
(9) Ben in North Pole, AK -- PAID & SHIPPED
(10) Donnie in Toccoa, GA
(11) Francisco in Laredo, TX -- PAID & SHIPPED
(12) Alex in Camden, NJ -- PAID & SHIPPED
(13) Robert in Miami, FL -- PAID & SHIPPED
Old 11-15-05, 01:51 PM
Rotary Freak

Okay, today is November 15th, 2005. This is the LAST CALL on the present group buy; your last chance to reserve one. Speak now or forever hold your peace. They WILL be available at retail through Pineapple Racing directly, but you may not get such a good deal.

Those that paid a deposit but still owe money: please keep in contact with me so I don't think you've bailed. I am in no particular hurry but I like to know what's going on. If I don't get the final payment by, say, November 30th and we have not made other arrangements (e.g. Zach), then your deposit will be lost. But, like I said, we can make other arrangements if you have a hardship or need to wait on someone who owes you money or whatever. Just communicate and all can be resolved.

There is an FD alternator relocation kit in development. Expect to hear news shortly, but it will almost certainly be a new GB thread and some sort of notice in the 3rd gen section.

BTW, Spencer: clean out your PM mailbox, it's full.

--
Blake Qualley
Pineapple Racing
(503) 233-3878
Old 11-17-05, 08:25 AM
Rotary Freak

Blake can you check on my order please, I sent you a PM. The thread shows you shipped mine on October 28th, that would make it 20 days enroute and I still haven't got it.
Old 11-17-05, 01:29 PM
Rotary Freak

Originally Posted by Lawyer's Spirit
Blake can you check on my order please, I sent you a PM. The thread shows you shipped mine on October 28th, that would make it 20 days enroute and I still haven't got it.
Well, I don't have much to look into. It was not shipped insured, so I don't have a real tracking number. The customs lable was LC784381296US. It was mailed on Nov 1st at 4:45 p.m.; not Oct 28th. If you read the post I said it "should" be mailed that day "provided" the spacers were delivered as promised. They weren't, as you can read later in the thread, so the paid orders were delayed a couple days. Please be patient and allow several more days to see if it arrives. International shipments to Canada take longer than just about anywhere in the world, for whatever reason, and it requires just as much paperwork. Hang tight until Monday and let me know if it shows up.

--
Blake
Old 11-17-05, 01:40 PM
Rotary Freak

Hang tight until Monday and let me know if it shows up.

--
Blake

Will do, thanks.
Old 11-17-05, 01:43 PM
my fb is older than me

OMG I MISSED OUT ON THIS GROUP BUY!? NOOOOOOOO. after seeing this thread countless times i miss the action...by 2 days. i was hoping it would be on another thread but it just build up here... im guessing theres no way i can still get it huh?

Quick Reply: GB: FB & FC Alternator Relocation Bracket by Pineapple Racing