FFE Secondary Rails + ID2000 Install? - RX7Club.com - Mazda RX7 Forum

3rd Generation Specific (1993-2002) 1993-2002 Discussion including performance modifications and Technical Support Sections.

FFE Secondary Rails + ID2000 Install?

Reply

 
 
Old 10-08-13, 08:27 PM
  #1
*CMRDS
Thread Starter
iTrader: (19)
 
Angry Earl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NorCal
Posts: 613
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
FFE Secondary Rails + ID2000 Install?

Hey all,

Just bought the FFE Secondary Rail, Injector Dynamics 2000cc Injectors, Fuelab MiniFPR and Gauge, and banjo bolt adapter from "The Goat" (great seller btw ). Planning on using the stock primary rail and 550's (Pulsation Dampener already deleted) with this setup.

Already searched for a little bit, but is there an online writeup of how to assemble the injectors/filters/fittings?

I have about a dozen washers and fittings...and not really sure how all they go together.

Went on FFE's website, and it looks like the fuel rail/injector section is still under construction -

Instructions | Full Function Engineering

Thanks in advance.
Angry Earl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-13, 10:34 PM
  #2
Jon R.
5 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 185
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Components look great. Good Luck with the install. Take some pics along the way
jon4825 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-13, 11:16 PM
  #3
FD Project
iTrader: (58)
 
BLACK MAMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,352
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Angry Earl View Post
Hey all,

Just bought the FFE Secondary Rail, Injector Dynamics 2000cc Injectors, Fuelab MiniFPR and Gauge, and banjo bolt adapter from "The Goat" (great seller btw ). Planning on using the stock primary rail and 550's (Pulsation Dampener already deleted) with this setup.

Already searched for a little bit, but is there an online writeup of how to assemble the injectors/filters/fittings?

I have about a dozen washers and fittings...and not really sure how all they go together.

Went on FFE's website, and it looks like the fuel rail/injector section is still under construction -



Instructions | Full Function Engineering

Thanks in advance.

If your not sure how the injectors get installed or modify to work with the rails I would suggest you give FFE a call, last thing you need is a engine fire because of lack of instructions.
BLACK MAMBA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-13, 12:17 AM
  #4
¿¿What are pistons??
iTrader: (7)
 
2RotorsNaDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Queens NYC
Posts: 1,260
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You need to put the blue spacers in the holes in the lower intake manifold. Take out the lower o-ring on the injectors and put two smaller O-rings that came with the LIM spacers on each injector. Then install the top hats on the injectors and put it all together.
2RotorsNaDream is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-13, 08:03 AM
  #5
FD Project
iTrader: (58)
 
BLACK MAMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,352
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2RotorsNaDream View Post
You need to put the blue spacers in the holes in the lower intake manifold. Take out the lower o-ring on the injectors and put two smaller O-rings that came with the LIM spacers on each injector. Then install the top hats on the injectors and put it all together.

Also you need to remove the plastic O ring retainer as per new instructions from FFE on all 850/1300/2000cc injectors only.
BLACK MAMBA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 10:28 PM
  #6
*CMRDS
Thread Starter
iTrader: (19)
 
Angry Earl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NorCal
Posts: 613
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Still looking for instructions. Closest thing that I've found so far:

https://www.rx7club.com/3rd-generati...ts-kit-404091/

I'm guessing I won't need to do the diffuser trimming since I bought the lower O-Ring Inserts?
Angry Earl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-14, 09:49 AM
  #7
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 257
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BLACK MAMBA View Post
Also you need to remove the plastic O ring retainer as per new instructions from FFE on all 850/1300/2000cc injectors only.

why does it say 34mm for this .. what about 48mm?
rollcoal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-14, 06:29 PM
  #8
Sponsor
RX7Club Vendor
iTrader: (41)
 
IRPerformance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 10,807
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Take out the plastic diffusers. I use a hooked snapon pic. If they break and fall into the motor suck them out with a good shop vac. Make sure you empty the vac beforehand so you can check and make sure you got the entire diffuser out. with the 48mm height rail, the hose from the stock primary rail might not reach. I remedy this by getting a pre-fuel recall fitting for the primary rail and banjo which has a barb instead of a crimped on hose. Don't use the stock hose as it is known to fail. Get some fuel injection hose and clamp it securely on both ends.
IRPerformance is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
astrum
2nd Generation Specific (1986-1992)
24
11-15-17 09:44 AM
FullFunctionEng
Full Function Engineering
1
08-25-15 09:17 PM
jza80
3rd Generation RX-7 (1993-2002) Parts
9
08-25-15 12:34 PM
GLC13B
2nd Generation RX-7 (1986-1992) Parts
0
08-11-15 10:14 PM
gabescanlon
Interior / Exterior / Audio
1
08-11-15 06:59 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.


All content Copyright © 2007 by Internet Brands, Inc. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.