SE RX-7 Forum Serving the Carolina's, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and Tennessee.
Sponsored by:

Stolen 1988 RX7 ... KNOXVILLE TN

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-08, 06:35 PM
Richard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Stolen 1988 RX7 ... KNOXVILLE TN

VIN # JM1FC3316J0605035
TN Title # 71720926

Last know person with possession PATRICK HIGDON. Currently under investigation for theft of vehicle. "Supposedly" it was impounded by city of Knoxville although no records exist. hmm???

Black with Red Cloth interior in mint condition. He wrecked the front passenger side corner and bent back hood... creased it in the middle.

ANY info helpful!!

Thanks Rich
Old 03-09-08, 08:57 PM
The waiting game......

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ouch! I hope you get your baby back. thief's suck *****!
Old 03-09-08, 09:01 PM
dAracIngPhaRmaCist

I know the feeling... Someone literally stole my 03 R1 from me 2 days ago... Since its a car you have a better chance of getting it back... My bike, on the other hand, has probably already been stripped down for parts... Good luck...
Old 03-09-08, 10:40 PM
Richard

Originally Posted by 2slow4stock
Ouch! I hope you get your baby back. thief's suck *****!
I doubt I'll ever see it but it's around somewhere being parted out. Repainted Black.. used to be red. When you see parts coming from Knoxville let me know!!!

Rich
Old 03-10-08, 07:33 PM
The waiting game......

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Do you have any specific things that will set the car apart/ parts from others?
Old 03-11-08, 12:25 PM
Richard

TN Descriptive items of this car

Originally Posted by 2slow4stock
Do you have any specific things that will set the car apart/ parts from others?
A few special items about this car.... First off he ran it into a wall with the right front quarter panel thus shifting the engine back and towards the drivers side wheel while crumpling the hood and taking out that headlight assembly. He also caused damage to the drivers side front fender but it's not bad.

But from the doors back ... no damage. The window tint is a shabby job on the hatchback. The interior was beautiful Red Cloth. The dash was loose and vibrated and I believe one of the rotors apex seals may be starting to go. It would run rough if it sat for a long time ... vibration wise but then after driving it awhile it was fine. Wouldn't do that again unless parked for several weeks.

I just bypassed the Pulsating Dampener with a banjo bolt and the wiring harness had gotten hot and melt a little in that same area causing the TPS to short out. I had that all fixed though and working good. Also the main wiring harness had a jumper wire at the firewall connection because the battery had once been hooked up backwards which caused a meltdown. That was fixed but it is obvious if you ever saw it that that had happened.

Lastly the Side Pillars had a lot of Bondo on them and the paint (Black) was pretty thick and had cracks in it on both sides near the curve of the roof line.

And it had about 147,000 miles on it and the right rear wheel tilts inwards as if it landed from a high flight and "squatted" the drivers side is not so obvious.

Put that picture together and you found my car... minus the VIN tag.
Old 03-12-08, 10:36 AM
Rotary Freak

damn, I didn't know people stole FC's, that'll make me thing twice about leaving the keys in it with the top down overnight next time.
Old 03-12-08, 11:19 AM
shut up you jack wagon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Like i sed on the last thread..Ill beat ther *** and tie them to my truck and drag them down the street........The cops better get them befor i do ****.I hope you get her back..
Old 03-12-08, 11:20 AM
Richard

TN

Originally Posted by philiptompkins
damn, I didn't know people stole FC's, that'll make me thing twice about leaving the keys in it with the top down overnight next time.
You think about it... the parts on that car are work a LOT of money. And you've GOT to have them to make it work. How about an airflow meter ... 900 bucks! see what I mean!!
Old 03-17-08, 02:23 AM
Rotary Supremacist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll keep an eye out for it, as will the rest of the locals. Haven't seen any like this around town though.
Old 03-18-08, 08:47 PM
Lives on the Forum

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by PSYCOM
You think about it... the parts on that car are work a LOT of money. And you've GOT to have them to make it work. How about an airflow meter ... 900 bucks! see what I mean!!
The problem with that theory is that you can get them used all day long for 40 bucks. I used to have a stack of them that I couldnt give away for 25 shipped. Same for every other part on the car. So many are being parted out now, the market is flooded and the parts are worth very little. Either in parts or whole, an average/rough s4 NA is worth about 1000-1500 in most cases. To most people, that is not enough to risk a felony over...they would rather go for a newer car like an 02 civic or something.