The Bad & Fugly Members Bad feedback only

JHB PERFORMANCE: poor quality, poor communication

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-07, 04:47 PM
Will work for horsepower

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sure hate to see things like that! Ive got 1800. miles on my set and so far so good, but it dosent help piece of mind.
Old 10-06-07, 12:39 AM
Rotax?! WTF is a Rotax!?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahh...i am rarely on the board much anymore. But lets get a couple things straight here Joe. Yes i am the PREVIOUS owner of the car but a couple things you have gravely wrong.

Originally Posted by R.P.M.
I built that engine in the pics above. We used OEM Mazda apex seals. Everything was within spec when it was put together. I only partially installed the engine and got it running for him
No you didnt ONLY PARTIALLY installed the engine... YOU DID THE FULL THING! dont try to make this seem like you only did a minor job. YOU recommended the JHB housings, YOU said youve used them and were great, and YOU also had a set on hand (the same set i bought). You did a full rebuild and got it running for me. This was a FULL build including porting. I took all the engine advice FROM YOU (with the exception of me specifically wanting Mazda OEM Apex Seals)

he wanted to break in the engine with the Rtek. Which should have been fine assuming he kept out of boost and kept the RPMs down.
I did keep it out of boost and did keep the RPMs down. YOU told me a 1000KMs is enough for a break-in. I INSISTED on doing 2000KMS with oil changes FREQUENTLY (every 500KMs after the first 100kms). So that was in check. The RTek was fine for that.

After the engine was broken in he was going to bring it back to get a Greddy FMIC installed as well as a E-manage (sp)....but he never did.
LOL get your FACTS RIGHT. I was going to go with a custom FMIC setup that you were going to build for me (remember the core i bought...) and you were gonna try to get my piping since you have a connection with vibrant. Then i got a insane deal for 900 for a brand new Greddy Kit and i ended up going with that. The install was straight forward. Emanage?! LOL you dont remember things well do you...I told you i am going with a Haltech BUT you said you HATE wiring. So i asked if you would warranty the motor if someone else did the haltech install. I specifically told you about ivan and you said you would if he installed it. And yes i NEVER DID get any of those installed from you, let me tell you why:

1) Got a Greddy FMIC (which i called and told you about to tell you i would do the install myself), and which i did install myself.

2) You said yourself that you HATE wiring and didnt really want to install a haltech (at this point i didnt have one but that was my plan to run the rtek for the break in, I did buy the haltech from that group buy, remember the E8 i bought?)

3) When we have an agreement for me to pay you in PARTS which you agreed on, and then CHANGE it that you want all the cash up front and after some arguing i gave you all the cash and it STILL took 4 fucken months with you dilly dallying over other cars. comon do you really expect me to come back to someone who takes 4 months to do a rebuild? You were not easily accessable either 3 hours to drive to and 3 hours back isnt fun esp. over 4 months.

The owner drove it for something like 2000kms had someone else install the FMIC but never bothered to put the standalone in it.
That someone else was ME, i installed the FMIC. Sorry i didnt know that i couldnt do work on my own car. Never bothered to put the standalone in it? What?! I bought a E8 for the car. I had told you i wanted to go standalone however it was going to be costly and the 7 was eating up more of my cash then anything else. I needed to change cars and something i can drive year around. I have other obligations before modifying a car, my tuition fees went up for school. The 7 was taking more cash and its not just a simple take it to anyone sorta thing, not many people know the rotary or want to work on them. There were multiple reasons why i had to let the car go, and why plans never did finish with the car. Dont get bitter that i didnt come to you for additonal work AFTER what youve said and done.

Then sold it to a young kid who knew nothing about RX-7 and told him it was 400hp and was good to go.

Needless to say, give a 17 year old kid a Turbo RX-7 with an upgraded turbo on stock electronics and Im not surprised at all that it blew up on him.
Lets get something right here...i NEVER TOLD HIM IT WAS 400HP, i said roughly 300 to 340 and that it WAS NOT DYNOed (this was based off of what others were telling me and what i had seen on the board here). I offered to sell him the Haltech but again i was selling it for 1700 at the time additional to the car (it was brand new). There was a few things he didnt want to buy with the car. Dont go running your mouth if you dont know the story, youve been doing that alot lately you need to learn to get some facts down. IT IS NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY TO EDUCATE THE BUYER. So what if he was 17years old? So what if he was young? I was not going to descriminate against him, he seemed to be a good guy with a head on his shoulders. He should have done his own home work, like how i did when i originally bought the RX7.

It seems like for a job you did your trying to cover up your ***. First you built that motor from top to bottom, you took much longer then needed on the build, i found a complete fmic for cheap and installed it myself (which i did even call you about), how i sell the car and the deal between me and the buyer isnt your business. From what your reply is, you seem bitter that i didnt come to you for additional work, sorry but for the reasons i pointed out above i didnt want to have any more to deal with you, Hell i even told you about the FMIC and the Haltech...

People had warned me before going to you, and now i see why they were warning me.

Also, RotaryRessurection (Kevin) i do apologise for crapping in your thread, i really had to get these facts straightened out. I do respect you and i am sorry for doing this in your thread.
Old 10-06-07, 05:20 PM
And the Revolution...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone know if JHB was contacted about those housings and what they had to say about them?
Old 10-08-07, 10:40 PM
TANSTAFL

Received 123 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by classicauto

JHB Housings.
Out of context... that was the result of 3 BROKEN APEX SEALS. I'm all for exposing the truth, but that is a horribly biased example and as I said, out of context.

The cermet has different properties than the regular coating, so one would expect catastrophic damage will have a different effect. My question is this: does it matter what the housing looks like after it's trashed from broken internal seals? If it's broken, it's broken.
Old 01-27-08, 04:39 PM
Automatic = Power drain

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread.

RR, you sent housings in as cores and received recoated housings from stock, right?

Has anyone experienced not getting their old housings back with the exception of some being lost?

Thanks
Old 01-27-08, 06:51 PM
Lives on the Forum

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Yes, i was sending in cores and getting different cores back, because this lessened the turnaround time (2-3 months versus 3-9). I am sure I could have required my exact housings back, if I had wanted to wait.
Old 12-18-09, 11:04 AM

Its almost been 2 years since the last reply....is this still an ugly matter with JHB?
Old 03-03-10, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by JasonW
Its almost been 2 years since the last reply....is this still an ugly matter with JHB?
I'm also wondering if JHB has fixed their quality control and shipping issues. If not, are there any businesses that offer a similar product? I haven't found one yet; but that doesn't mean there isn't one.
Old 03-03-10, 05:18 PM
The king of the highway!

how about ceramic rotors were 93 rotors with metalic paint sprayed on them lol what a joke..........

so glad i do my research b4 i mess with people in other states
Old 03-03-10, 06:23 PM
GET OFF MY LAWN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by darkphantom
how about ceramic rotors were 93 rotors with metalic paint sprayed on them lol what a joke..........

so glad i do my research b4 i mess with people in other states
Do you even understand the ceramic process? Yes, it does look like metallic paint when it's applied. It is sprayed on with an airbrush or other very small orifice gun and then baked in an oven, some up to 700F for an hour.
Old 03-03-10, 07:49 PM
The king of the highway!

YEAH but the ceramic doesnt supposed to come off when the car warms up for the first time. It was swimming inside the oil pan and we were just turning on the motor (like 20miles of driving)
Old 11-16-10, 12:56 PM
Psalms 37**25

any updates