Picking up my JC Cosmo

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-06, 05:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Picking up my JC Cosmo

I just wanna say that i am since Januar this year a happy JC Cosmo owner! Car is 93 model and is green. I am planning on driving it on the streets this autumn and then sell it to a serious buyer. And of course i am gonna dyno test it on a Rototest hub rolling road.

/Lasse
Old 09-05-06, 07:36 AM

Congratulations on saving another Cosmo from being raped for the engine

Enjoy your very rare car & genuine 20B power

REgards
Old 09-07-06, 12:54 AM

Thank you DMRH! I am going 600 km today and pick up the car, At 11 AM it shall be inspected and registrated hopefully everything goes my way so i can drive it home on Friday. Shall be a new experience to have lots of torque though i driving an RX-8 daily Lol. Anyway in about 3 weeks i shall dyno test it but shall do a service first. DMRH do you have any tips on the engine when i dyno it?

Best Regards: Lasse wankel
Old 09-07-06, 02:03 PM
fart on a friends head!!!

so you bought it this year. . . and now your SELLING it??? im a little confused. . .
Old 09-09-06, 07:34 PM

If you are interested in registering your Cosmo in the DMRH "Club Cosmo" section. Send me pics & details to the DMRH e-mail.

dmrh69@hotmail.com

Check out the "Club Cosmo" section to see what I mean at http://www.dmrh.com.au

REgards

Last edited by DMRH; 09-09-06 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-11-06, 01:16 AM

Hello all JC Cosmo owners! Now i'm home after my roadtrip to Halmtad and i must say that i'm very pleased with the car! It is not in perfect condition ( a little dent on right rear fender, and paint needs to be cleaned and polished). The car has 82000km on it and the engine seems to be in very good condition. Frustrating the 180 km/h speed limit, does anybody have a cure for that? I thought the car should be all quiet at low speeds and start to roar at about 4000 rpm when the mufflers open up with the walve. But my car sounds like a small V-8 when you cruise and gets only quiter and quieter the faster you drive it confuses me! Any way i have of course G-Teced it and it ran on the power mode and 1500 rpm stall 15.42@94,05mph or 151,3 km/h. 0-100 km/h 7.21s. DRMH! I'm gonna register the car in your side when it has been polished and cleaned. The car is in complete stock condition and the weight is 1820 kg(4013 lbs) with me and half tank. I'm so happy that i buy this car from England after a tips from the Swedih Rotary Register! But as i said earlier i plan to sell the car to a wery good friend and rotary expert WankelMats which i know will take care of the car. Luckily i will drive it to some exhibitions next year and enjoy!!

/Lasse
Old 09-11-06, 06:43 AM
Racingbeat dealer

Originally Posted by Lasse wankel
Frustrating the 180 km/h speed limit, does anybody have a cure for that? I thought the car should be all quiet at low speeds and start to roar at about 4000 rpm when the mufflers open up with the walve. But my car sounds like a small V-8 when you cruise and gets only quiter and quieter the faster you drive it confuses me!
/Lasse
Are you sure you got the stock exhaust? I even notice the valve system when i start cold... the first 20 seconds the car is much louder, after that you only hear a very nice and decent sound. I do hear the growl when the exhaust open-up on WOT during cruise speeds. WOT--->click, shiftback---> Growl ! and you're away

I find the stock exhaust having a very nice deep sound, quiet and deep when idling, and a very deep destinct growl when delivering power. It fits perfect with the car.... perfect sleeper, nice when on ease..... but growls when woken up

As for the limiter, i've heard they're very easy to remove, cut 1 wire at the ECU.
Check out www.teameunos.com , there might the info on it too, i found it on the Apexi webiste when i was looking for turbotimer info.

I'm not delimiting the car thou..... the brakes are good, but not overwhelming, and stopping a 1610 Kg car with speeds over 180 Km does not sound to well with single piston calipers. It's fast enough for me

Have you got a e-ccs type because you say the car is 1800 KG (or is you wife/GF such a good cooke? )
Old 09-11-06, 04:30 PM

Last edited by Lasse wankel; 09-11-06 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-11-06, 04:51 PM

I can be wrong on the weight i will check it on another weigh scale.And no i don't have a wife/GF but i have 2 rotaries and of course McDonalds lol. Yes the exhaust is stock and rumbles on cruise and gets quiter and quiter with more speed. I like it!

/Lasse
Old 09-17-06, 11:53 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
And here are some images for you all.

// magnus
Attached Thumbnails Picking up my JC Cosmo-lassewankel1.jpg   Picking up my JC Cosmo-lassewankel2.jpg  
Old 09-27-06, 02:13 AM

Some small updates on my JC Cosmo! I am not gonna sell it, i enjoy it so much and will be showing it at Street car fest in Stockholm with custom and modified cars. I have bought 20" wheels with 235/30x20 tires (pimp ride style).I also will add 2 3" carbon fibre rear silencers and powder coat the intercooler tubes grey. Oh i did some more 0-60 mph runs yeterday best was 6.84s with 2000 rpm stallspeed and power mode automatically shifting. Next week i will check the AFRs on my RotoTest and see how much power it will make using different boost settings.

/Lasse
Old 10-15-06, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lasse wankel
I just wanna say that i am since Januar this year a happy JC Cosmo owner! Car is 93 model and is green.

/Lasse
Could you post some pictures of the green one, please!
Old 10-15-06, 05:29 AM

Received 307 Likes on 268 Posts
congratulations. i think you made a good decision when you decided to keep it. enjoy it ... responsibly.

more pics, please.
Old 10-15-06, 03:20 PM

Ok i will post but not until my cousine will be my webmaster "lol" Tonight there was 60F and cloudy outside so i went for some 0-60 mph times, best was 6.15s stock trim! Best 1/8 mile 9.61-78.5 mph and 1/4 mile 15.04s-95.4 mph quite satisfied with these results. Hope to have it dynoed on my RotoTest but i haven't got my wideband lambda yet. Yes i will photo it but not until i can borrow a real good digital camera so that you all can see that the car is green when there is much sunshine.

/Lasse
Old 10-27-06, 02:47 PM

Congrads on the desision to keep it, it is a classic and should allways be in the hands of a rotary enthusiast!

I just love cruising around in it, and the power!
Old 11-13-06, 02:12 AM
Eats, Sleeps, Dreams Rotary

Lasse and Mangus,

Looks great. I like the green.

I have a Cosmo too, that I bought only to get the 20b out it and after driving it around, I cant bring myself to gut the car just for a 20b. So I kept it too.

Old 11-13-06, 02:42 AM
Rest In Peace Dave

I'd love to have one of my own, cars look great guys!
Old 11-13-06, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by 87GTR
Lasse and Mangus,

I have a Cosmo too, that I bought only to get the 20b out it and after driving it around, I cant bring myself to gut the car just for a 20b. So I kept it too.

That car looks great!

ill post some pics of mine when I get home tonight
Old 11-16-06, 02:20 PM

yesyes, great looking car!!!
Old 11-16-06, 02:29 PM

here are a couple of old pics of my car
Attached Thumbnails Picking up my JC Cosmo-dsc00553.jpg   Picking up my JC Cosmo-dsc00561.jpg   Picking up my JC Cosmo-dsc00565.jpg   Picking up my JC Cosmo-dsc00597.jpg  
Old 11-19-06, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by 87GTR
Lasse and Mangus,

That's a good decision you made! My JC is in a garage now over the winter but will be running in April. That is if not some real rotary enthusiast offer me at least $20500 for the car with the Anella 20"rims. Sorry but i have not posted any pictures yet but i hope my cousine can fix that on Wednesday.

/Lasse
Old 11-19-06, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by rotary crazy
here are a couple of old pics of my car
I really like your red car cool paint Have you any mods on it?

/Lasse
Old 11-20-06, 07:11 AM

only a pan speed chiped ecu a cone filter and tein coil overs, the car is really fast and comfortable as it is.

The paint color is VR red from the RX-8
Old 05-29-07, 06:00 PM

Just want you JC Cosmo lovers to know that i am still owns the car but is trying to sell it. Not one person has contacted me even though i have advertised on 3 car forums and 1 car magazine. We will see whats happening. Anyway i done some new 0-62 mph runs today with the boost upped to between 7-10 psi. First run 5.74s second run 5.96s not to bad i think with only 0.2 bar more than before. My 1/8 mile time was 9.22s-79.8 mph. Someone who knows the stock boost settings? Now i am planning on taking a "China" intercooler and mount it instead of stock one, becausse my inlet temp was showing 61degree celsius.

/Lasse
Old 06-01-07, 03:26 AM

Lasse Wankel.

Great to learn you are in love with your new Cosmo & are enjoying its unique attributes. Dont worry about it taking a long time to sell as buyers are few & far between. So just be patient.

Looking at the pics, I can see its an SX version I the factory body kit will make it look quite appealing once you fit the bigger wheel. Just make sure you lip the guards & increase the spring tension with the 20"s as they will scrap the insides.

The cheap way to get rid of the 180km/h speed cut is to fit an Apexi-RVSM as it has a speed cut defender incorporated.

The better way is to upgrade the 8-bit ECU via Panspeed, RE-Amemiya, Anniversary, Knights sports etc etc as they all do them.

Looking forward to checking out picks when you are ready to send them

REgards

Quick Reply: Picking up my JC Cosmo