Can you use the stock pedal assembly?

Old 11-01-15, 09:09 PM
  #1  
Gabe
Thread Starter
 
gabescanlon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Portland
Posts: 84
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you use the stock pedal assembly?

Might be a dumb question, but can you use the stock pedal assembly in a 93 rx7 when swapping to a lm4 t56 combo? Or do you have to use the assembly out of an F-body?
gabescanlon is offline  
Old 11-03-15, 06:14 AM
  #2  
Full Member
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 140
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gabescanlon View Post
Might be a dumb question, but can you use the stock pedal assembly in a 93 rx7 when swapping to a lm4 t56 combo? Or do you have to use the assembly out of an F-body?
You use the stock FD pedal assembly, but have to put in a different clutch master
ncaudio is offline  
Old 11-08-15, 11:18 PM
  #3  
Retired Moderator, RIP
iTrader: (142)
 
misterstyx69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Smiths Falls.(near Ottawa!.Mapquest IT!)
Posts: 25,758
Likes: 0
Received 98 Likes on 85 Posts
I'm working on project and just installed a wilwood master..
Now it's an FC( I know not FD..sorry) and I had to make an adapter to allow the mounting holes to line up,so I'd check about that.
I did see some kind of adapter on Ebay so maybe you'd need one too?..

The reason for the upgrade is that the stock Master doesn't have enough pressure or travel to allow the trans to engage.
misterstyx69 is offline  
Old 11-09-15, 01:38 PM
  #4  
SEMI-PRO
iTrader: (2)
 
ZoomZoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,865
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Can keep all the stock pedals unless you are drive by wire and need a GM gas pedal. If you use a cable throttle you can keep all the stock pedals.
ZoomZoom is offline  
Old 02-25-16, 08:24 PM
  #5  
Beer 4 my Horsepower
 
Sai-Omega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The question is are you running an auto or manual.

Zoom Zoom is spot on,

In the FD Willwood makes a pedal assembly that will work for auto to manual swaps, but from everything ive read it is a pain to install and set up correctly.
Sai-Omega is offline  
Old 02-26-16, 10:31 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 299
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by misterstyx69 View Post
I'm working on project and just installed a wilwood master..
Now it's an FC( I know not FD..sorry) and I had to make an adapter to allow the mounting holes to line up,so I'd check about that.
I did see some kind of adapter on Ebay so maybe you'd need one too?..

The reason for the upgrade is that the stock Master doesn't have enough pressure or travel to allow the trans to engage.
Are you speaking about the clutch master cylinder? I did not need a spacer or adapter for my wilwood with 2.25" spacing and I was under the impression that all of them had that spacing... I did pull the rubber boot though.

Also, it would be that it cannot move enough volume to fully disengage the clutch. Unless there were bad seals, then lack of pressure would be an problem.
valley is offline  
Old 02-26-16, 11:36 PM
  #7  
Eats, Sleeps, Dreams Rotary
10 Year Member
iTrader: (52)
 
XLR8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,901
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With a cable throttle, just ensure it fully opens the LS blades. Many have to "shave down" the rear of the FD gas pedal to allow enough range of motion. I simply used a Dremel.
XLR8 is offline  
Old 02-27-16, 11:37 PM
  #8  
Retired Moderator, RIP
iTrader: (142)
 
misterstyx69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Smiths Falls.(near Ottawa!.Mapquest IT!)
Posts: 25,758
Likes: 0
Received 98 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by valley View Post
Are you speaking about the clutch master cylinder? I did not need a spacer or adapter for my wilwood with 2.25" spacing and I was under the impression that all of them had that spacing... I did pull the rubber boot though.

Also, it would be that it cannot move enough volume to fully disengage the clutch. Unless there were bad seals, then lack of pressure would be an problem.
The mounting points are clocked differently so that "adapter" will allow you to attach it to the adapter then use the stock mounting holes.
I wan't gonna pay 60 bucks for a piece of metal so I made my own,with Threaded pipe mounts.
If you picture the flat circles that you screw pipe into to mount it to a wall(like a closet rod that holds the hangers).. that is what I used.
misterstyx69 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
SilverSilver
1st Gen General Discussion
13
01-23-16 01:06 PM
lookingforRX7FD
General Rotary Tech Support
3
11-02-15 10:34 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can you use the stock pedal assembly?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: