351w swap - Page 8 - RX7Club.com - Mazda RX7 Forum

351w swap

Old 01-02-19, 08:46 PM
  #176  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Clemmons, NC
Posts: 614
Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
nice job gordie on the spacers. They should work. You will need the inner spacer which is much larger and needs to be made on a lathe
Freeskier7791 is offline  
Old 01-02-19, 09:02 PM
  #177  
Full Member
Thread Starter
 
GFRENCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: miramichi nb canada
Posts: 142
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Freeskier7791 View Post
nice job gordie on the spacers. They should work. You will need the inner spacer which is much larger and needs to be made on a lathe
thanks andrew
which spacers are you talking about
do you mean inner breanings
i thought those years use a a-32 inner bearings
stock are a-32 as well
GFRENCH is offline  
Old 01-03-19, 07:43 AM
  #178  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Clemmons, NC
Posts: 614
Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
They were different for me, not exactly sure what size. Also you need to space the hub the right difference for the brake calipers to line up
Freeskier7791 is offline  
Old 01-03-19, 07:18 PM
  #179  
Full Member
Thread Starter
 
GFRENCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: miramichi nb canada
Posts: 142
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ok
see where i work we sell bearings and all listings back into the 60's
depending on what year shows 84-85 use a-32 and are called fb
86 - 89 use a-32 as well and called fc
so what ever i get i will need to wait and see what they are .

i'm really not a fan of the hei distrib i have . the way the wires are bothers me so today i bought on line a msd coil, 6al box and a normal distrib.
charged 38% conversion from us funds to canadian
this has to be the last i buy from us suppliers
it sucks as nowhere in canada to find some of the needed parts
so not sure where this puts me in my build
but it looks dim on this summer to finish
GFRENCH is offline  
Old 01-04-19, 12:01 AM
  #180  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Ca
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by GFRENCH View Post
ok
see where i work we sell bearings and all listings back into the 60's
depending on what year shows 84-85 use a-32 and are called fb
86 - 89 use a-32 as well and called fc
so what ever i get i will need to wait and see what they are .

i'm really not a fan of the hei distrib i have . the way the wires are bothers me so today i bought on line a msd coil, 6al box and a normal distrib.
charged 38% conversion from us funds to canadian
this has to be the last i buy from us suppliers
it sucks as nowhere in canada to find some of the needed parts
so not sure where this puts me in my build
but it looks dim on this summer to finish
I sent that same POS distributor back too, too large overall and made contact with the blower, among other things.

However if you can I'd cancel the order for the MSD stuff, they're called May Suddenly Die products for a reason. I went through 6 in a year with BS song and dance from them until I switched over to Crane and never looked back.

I ran this same one in my supercharged mustang for 6 years, sent it back once to have it looked at chasing down a random misfire that turned out to be the distributor and Fast(owns crane now) serviced it for free, with return shipping

Crane Ignition
Shaolin Crane is offline  
Old 01-07-19, 05:52 PM
  #181  
Full Member
Thread Starter
 
GFRENCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: miramichi nb canada
Posts: 142
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I sent that same POS distributor back too, too large overall and made contact with the blower, among other things.

However if you can I'd cancel the order for the MSD stuff, they're called May Suddenly Die products for a reason. I went through 6 in a year with BS song and dance from them until I switched over to Crane and never looked back.

I ran this same one in my supercharged mustang for 6 years, sent it back once to have it looked at chasing down a random misfire that turned out to be the distributor and Fast(owns crane now) serviced it for free, with return shipping

Crane Ignition
very good info
thanks
GFRENCH is offline  
Old 01-12-19, 10:37 AM
  #182  
Full Member
Thread Starter
 
GFRENCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: miramichi nb canada
Posts: 142
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
guys i got a few more parts in
if you see in the pic the tall valve cover are close to the heater barbs so i got 2 of a gates #28467 heat bent 90 deg 5/8 hose
these are 15/16 od and very soft hose. i plan to remove the cover cut down the 90 to length need and put the cover back on.
anyone know if 90 on the heater core is a bad thing?




GFRENCH is offline  
Old 01-12-19, 09:51 PM
  #183  
Full Member
 
Yolo7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: winters, ca
Posts: 236
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I donít think the 90s will hurt. You pretty much have a 90 already coming off the W/P going to the t-stat.
Yolo7 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
SayNoToPistons
NE RX-7 Forum
3
05-15-16 11:08 PM
cheezymike08
2nd Generation Specific (1986-1992)
9
03-16-16 09:21 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 351w swap


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: