Time Slips and Dyno Section is for posting 1/4 mile time slips and dyno graphs

My wifes 93FD dyno

Old 08-13-06, 09:57 PM
  #1  
Leave my avatar alone!!!
10 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
rotarycrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Spartanburg SC
Posts: 1,656
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wifes 93FD dyno

My wife has dynoed her car today with preaty satisfying result considering its not tuned and runs rich as hell towars the top end.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...crazy/Dyno.jpg

I dont think it is to bad for a car that has Intake down pipe mid pipe and a PFC.
Future plans biger intercooler and a cat back axhoust and some eather 99spec turbos or GT35R
rotarycrazy is offline  
Old 08-13-06, 10:54 PM
  #2  
Original Gangster/Rotary!

iTrader: (206)
 
GoodfellaFD3S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: FL-->NJ/NYC again!
Posts: 29,999
Received 138 Likes on 111 Posts
They should have revved it past 6700 rpms. What boost level, 10 psi?

Also for comparison my dad's R1 made 290 rwhp at 12 psi, with only intake/dp/cb and pfs piggyback. stock cat and intercooler.
GoodfellaFD3S is offline  
Old 08-14-06, 07:31 AM
  #3  
Leave my avatar alone!!!
10 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
rotarycrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Spartanburg SC
Posts: 1,656
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boost was 10 psi and the car was runing pig rich it started with a 12.5:1 fuel and at about 5K it went to 11:1 and right at the top it was 10.7:1 I need to get it tuned really bad plus the turbos are on there way out they smoke preaty bad.
rotarycrazy is offline  
Old 08-14-06, 12:30 PM
  #4  
Eats, Sleeps, Dreams Rotary
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: CT
Posts: 4,886
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
thats not pig rich. some guys tune it to those levels.

dont get the 99specs either.
matty is offline  
Old 08-14-06, 12:31 PM
  #5  
Leave my avatar alone!!!
10 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
rotarycrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Spartanburg SC
Posts: 1,656
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why not I mean I need a relativelly cheap way out of this sugestions on single maybe?
rotarycrazy is offline  
Old 08-14-06, 12:50 PM
  #6  
Eats, Sleeps, Dreams Rotary
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: CT
Posts: 4,886
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rotarycrazy
why not I mean I need a relativelly cheap way out of this sugestions on single maybe?
get a single or if u dont want to spend that kind of money get a used set of the stockers. the 99specs are basically same as the stockers but alot more $$.
matty is offline  
Old 08-14-06, 01:04 PM
  #7  
Leave my avatar alone!!!
10 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
rotarycrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Spartanburg SC
Posts: 1,656
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was thinking GT35R but I really dont know what else would I need other than some 1600cc seconderies a knew fuel rail and a presure regulator I have a 280lph fuel pump already.
rotarycrazy is offline  
Old 08-14-06, 07:33 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
10 Year Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Balt. MD
Posts: 528
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rotarycrazy
I dont think it is to bad for a car that has Intake down pipe mid pipe and a PFC.
Future plans biger intercooler and a cat back axhoust and some eather 99spec turbos or GT35R
do you have your wastegate ported? i agree with matty imo 99specs are overated
21K95RX7 is offline  
Old 08-14-06, 08:39 PM
  #9  
Eats, Sleeps, Dreams Rotary
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: CT
Posts: 4,886
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 21K95RX7
do you have your wastegate ported? i agree with matty imo 99specs are overated
screw overated...in my opinion they are a complete waste of money.

talk to aspec in the single turbo forum. he is extremely knowledgeable and friendly. tell him what u want to spend and what your goals are for the car and i am confident he will set u up right.

also you should start a thread in the single turbo section. get some real world experience from guys who have been there done that. My car is still stock twins but there is no doubt in my mind that if your twins going, a sinlge turbo is the def the right way to go....absolutely no doubt in my mind. forget 99 twins or upgraded twins. they are so limiting. given what u have posted in this thread i would recommend the aspec 500r kit! it is probably going to cost you more than u want to spend but its well worth it and gives u the ability to get more aggressive down the road, ie run more boost! u dont need to spend much more than the kit itself if u want to run low boost. then yrs down the road your appetite will grow. but thats no problem cause wioth that kit u have an awesome start.
matty is offline  
Old 08-15-06, 12:47 AM
  #10  
Full Member
10 Year Member
 
rx_obsessed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 188
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i dyno'd 303 with dp, full exhaust, intake, street port and Haltech E6K at 10 psi on pump gas (94 octane)....
rx_obsessed is offline  
Old 08-16-06, 01:43 AM
  #11  
Banned. I got OWNED!!!
 
Improved FD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NC
Posts: 822
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by matty
also you should start a thread in the single turbo section. get some real world experience from guys who have been there done that. My car is still stock twins but there is no doubt in my mind that if your twins going, a sinlge turbo is the def the right way to go....absolutely no doubt in my mind. forget 99 twins or upgraded twins. they are so limiting. given what u have posted in this thread i would recommend the aspec 500r kit! it is probably going to cost you more than u want to spend but its well worth it and gives u the ability to get more aggressive down the road, ie run more boost! u dont need to spend much more than the kit itself if u want to run low boost. then yrs down the road your appetite will grow. but thats no problem cause wioth that kit u have an awesome start.
I second that post, I wish I would have gone single, now that I have BNR stage 2s

maybe next year....the car still runs strong, but the little twins simply run out of breath
Improved FD is offline  
Old 08-16-06, 08:09 AM
  #12  
Original Gangster/Rotary!

iTrader: (206)
 
GoodfellaFD3S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: FL-->NJ/NYC again!
Posts: 29,999
Received 138 Likes on 111 Posts
Originally Posted by Improved FD
I second that post, I wish I would have gone single, now that I have BNR stage 2s

maybe next year....the car still runs strong, but the little twins simply run out of breath
What boost are you running them at? At 17 psi they really come alive. Yours are rebuilt turbos, simply with larger compressor wheels. Turbines and shaft are still the same as stock. Bryan doesnt sell them anymore. His sole product for FDs are the 'new' stage 3s, which are completely new/larger/stouter CHRAs. You may be aware of all this mark, but i posted for everyone else's benefit.
GoodfellaFD3S is offline  
Old 08-18-06, 12:47 AM
  #13  
Banned. I got OWNED!!!
 
Improved FD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NC
Posts: 822
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes, I'm aware of that, and I know the issues with the Stage 2s

as of right now, I'm sticking with 93 pump gas and 14 psi...but I have everything in place to go with the single in a year or so
Improved FD is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Rotate86
Single Turbo RX-7's
5
05-18-18 02:44 PM
eddierotary
Engine Management Forum
16
10-04-16 08:22 PM
HalifaxFD
Canadian Forum
126
05-09-16 07:06 PM
Duc852
Introduce yourself
1
09-22-15 03:49 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My wifes 93FD dyno


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.