3rd Generation Specific (1993-2002) 1993-2002 Discussion including performance modifications and Technical Support Sections.
Sponsored by:

No power to ecu

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-16, 05:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
No power to ecu

I just finish ones doing my battery relocation to the passenger side bin I followed this how to Chronus. Only thing I didn't do was install the fuse block.

After all was said and done I went to give her a crank and I noticed that nothing changed with the turn of the key. Door chime continued to beep, no lights on the dash, ecu wasn't getting power (microtech LT8 PNP). Widows do roll down, headlights work, blower work. Before I did this it was Starting and running fine besides the power wire for the fuel pump rewire was getting hot. I was hoping that this would help that issue out but now I can't start it. Any ideas would be good.

One thing I wasn't sure about is what to do with the factory battery ground, I read one that said just cut it off another someone grounded it to the alternator. The right-up didn't say what to do with it.
Old 07-24-16, 11:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I ended up removing a mile of crap and presto I have power everywhere. Got her fired up but now I have an issue of the Circut breaker keep tripping while idling.

Here is my setup

I ended up grounding the original batter ground to the genes temporary to see if that would help any but of course not.