Racing Kills Lounge The RX-7 Club and IB in no way supports or endorses illegal street racing in any way, shape or form, and highly recommends against any illegal activities.

Douche in a Civic

Old 05-13-12, 03:26 PM
  #1  
Unconventional
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 329
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Douche in a Civic

LOL

Yeah, it's not impressive, but I was laughing my *** off.

I merged onto the freeway next to a semi. He had moved over for me to merge, I ended up behind and to his right. I slowed down and flashed my lights to let him move back over. I'm always courteous to truckers. Anyways, there was this red Civic next to me, lowered with a fart cannon. He's all pissed, swerving left and right in the lane, flipping me off; it's not my fault the truck won't move, I gave him plenty of room and time and let him know it was ok. So after about a half mile to a mile, I speed up and go past the truck who then scoots over. Whatever.

I move into the left lane, shift up to fifth and cruise at 75mph. Look in my mirror, here's this Civic swerving behind me now. Ok douchebag. Right lane frees up, he yanks over and I hear him downshift; I roll on the throttle easy. Just paced next to him to about 85mph. I hear that little B16 screaming and him trying...I'm laughing. Traffic, he pins the brakes and ducks behind me, swerving again.

A LONG path opens in the right lane and he jerks out into it again. I give it a little gas and pace him. As we pass 85mph he's honking and flipping me off. I'm just rocking I'm laughing so hard. Then he starts clutching it and revving at me. LMAO! As I shift down to 4th, I let him get his rear wheel to my front. Stomped the pedal and just took off. Shifted to 5th about 100ish and just kept goin. I finally let off @ about 120mph when he was a speck in my rearview. He didn't catch me till my off-ramp.

At which point he decides to follow me and try to pass every chance he gets (county roads). I always do at least 5mph over the posted limit, usually 10mph; this dude's just being a dick. He followed me all the way to my son's school. I flipped a dick and parked at the curb to wait for my son. Dude pulls up opposite and starts yelling at me in spanglish. I smiled, waved and laughed. He eventually took off after saying whatever the **** it was he thought I could understand (I'm a natural red head, why would I know spanish at all?).

Some people...

Last edited by Jet-Lee; 05-13-12 at 03:28 PM.
Jet-Lee is offline  
Old 05-13-12, 04:06 PM
  #2  
1.5 Goodfella's Tall
5 Year Member
iTrader: (97)
 
Gringo Grande's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,216
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, it's not impressive,
Post should have been stillborn with this thought from the beginning.
Gringo Grande is offline  
Old 05-13-12, 06:01 PM
  #3  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha nice. The usual douche in a civic. People like that really make the stereotype true
ThePlatypus is offline  
Old 05-14-12, 02:56 PM
  #4  
Unconventional
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 329
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gringo Grande View Post
Post should have been stillborn with this thought from the beginning.
...and yet you still took the time to reply.

Originally Posted by ThePlatypus View Post
Haha nice. The usual douche in a civic. People like that really make the stereotype true
Stereotypes exist for a reason.
Jet-Lee is offline  
Old 06-01-12, 01:25 PM
  #5  
Classy
10 Year Member
iTrader: (17)
 
evot23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 6,900
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow.
evot23 is offline  
Old 06-12-12, 01:28 AM
  #6  
1.5 Goodfella's Tall
5 Year Member
iTrader: (97)
 
Gringo Grande's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,216
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So all you've proven is that you "are going to teach a guy a lesson" for no other reason than your ego. People have a habit of getting shot over stupid issues like this...is it really worth it?

Regarding that ego...no...you don't get any respect for "teaching a Civic a lesson." Seriously, that's like bragging about winning a Special Olympics race. LOL!
Gringo Grande is offline  
Old 06-12-12, 11:30 AM
  #7  
Classy
10 Year Member
iTrader: (17)
 
evot23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 6,900
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gringo Grande View Post
...like bragging about winning a Special Olympics race. LOL!
I won that race solid...
evot23 is offline  
Old 06-12-12, 11:39 AM
  #8  
Junior Member
 
Jusliv8fc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Whittier
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha nice! I always get that my city is mostly honda kids Being jerks
Jusliv8fc is offline  
Old 06-12-12, 01:28 PM
  #9  
Unconventional
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 329
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gringo Grande View Post
So all you've proven is that you "are going to teach a guy a lesson" for no other reason than your ego. People have a habit of getting shot over stupid issues like this...is it really worth it?

Regarding that ego...no...you don't get any respect for "teaching a Civic a lesson." Seriously, that's like bragging about winning a Special Olympics race. LOL!
Where did I say I was teaching anyone a lesson?

Dude was being a dick, I was a dick right back. He can dish it out but can't take it?


Some people read too much between the lines.
Jet-Lee is offline  
Old 06-13-12, 06:43 PM
  #10  
Full Member
 
userjh5174's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pluto
Posts: 240
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is for sure a "Douche in a Civic"; however, some civics are tuned and built with some big power and handling so watch out.
userjh5174 is offline  
Old 06-14-12, 07:43 AM
  #11  
Classy
10 Year Member
iTrader: (17)
 
evot23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 6,900
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by userjh5174 View Post
That is for sure a "Douche in a Civic"; however, some civics are tuned and built with some big power and handling so watch out.
yeah but they are few and far between...and those guys aren't typically douches in my experience cause they know enough about their car and respect yours to not need to prove anything
evot23 is offline  
Old 06-14-12, 02:12 PM
  #12  
1.5 Goodfella's Tall
5 Year Member
iTrader: (97)
 
Gringo Grande's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,216
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^

Thread title should be Douche in a Civic turns RX7 owner into Douche...I'm glad the OP's smug sense of satisfaction led that Douche in the Civic to where the OP's child was.

In all honesty...apart from trolling the OP and watching him get hurt about his "cool story"...which I really don't care about one way or the other...I sincerely hope he considers what could have gone wrong over something that really didn't matter...involving either him or his child.

Ego will probably get in the way though.
Gringo Grande is offline  
Old 06-14-12, 06:47 PM
  #13  
B O R I C U A
iTrader: (14)
 
KNONFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: VA
Posts: 5,379
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Gringo Grande View Post
So all you've proven is that you "are going to teach a guy a lesson" for no other reason than your ego. People have a habit of getting shot over stupid issues like this...is it really worth it?

Regarding that ego...no...you don't get any respect for "teaching a Civic a lesson." Seriously, that's like bragging about winning a Special Olympics race. LOL!
Agree!

From reading it, my first mental pic was the semi on the left, OP on the right lane holding traffic for half to 1 mile (while OP was allowing the truck to switch back to the right lane). OP then decides to move back to left lane, and instead of allowing those going faster to pass (or move to the right lane), OP decides to "block" them.
KNONFS is offline  
Old 06-17-12, 03:12 PM
  #14  
Sharp Claws
iTrader: (30)
 
RotaryEvolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,135
Likes: 0
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
you guys are being a little overzealous. sounds like the guy was being a dick to start with, how would either of you handle it if you tried to be courteous yet someone was trying to aggressively overtake you?

i doubt he was even laughing at the guy, most stories are blown out of proportion anyways so i'm sure his ego was posting this after the fact.

go drink a beer and relax.
RotaryEvolution is offline  
Old 06-18-12, 10:43 AM
  #15  
Rotary Freak
iTrader: (3)
 
funkjaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, CA (NorCal/S.F. Bay Area)
Posts: 2,506
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice kill.

Not sure why people are giving you a hard time. It's always nice beating a civic.
funkjaw is offline  
Old 06-19-12, 06:13 PM
  #16  
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
MX_504's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 31
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by funkjaw View Post
Nice kill.

Not sure why people are giving you a hard time. It's always nice beating a civic.
But what's the fun in beating a Civic? Unless you're running a stock 12A that's losing compression, there's no reason for an RX7 to lose that race. It's like using a 787B against a GT-3 class Porsche, only with a bigger gap in performance.

Last edited by MX_504; 06-19-12 at 06:38 PM.
MX_504 is offline  
Old 06-21-12, 02:14 PM
  #17  
Rotary Freak
iTrader: (3)
 
funkjaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, CA (NorCal/S.F. Bay Area)
Posts: 2,506
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MX_504 View Post
But what's the fun in beating a Civic? Unless you're running a stock 12A that's losing compression, there's no reason for an RX7 to lose that race. It's like using a 787B against a GT-3 class Porsche, only with a bigger gap in performance.
I'll tell you why it is fun. There are a couple different ways that in my opinion make it the funnest car in the world to beat.

1. Civics are world renown for being owned by egotistical ricer asian/white kids, or completely tasteless hispanics. These people think they have the absolute fastest car in the world, and can out accelerate any car on the planet with just a 4 inch fart can and some "hella flush" rims and some "illest stance". Beating any civic that fits this description is one of the best feelings in life solely because you know the retard you just raced died a little inside..

2. Civics can in all honesty, be some of the fastest bang for your buck cars out there. People who actually know what they are doing, can for less than $3k have a car that runs a 13 second quarter mile, or will keep up with most any car in the mountains.. and still be pretty reliable and get decent gas mileage. Beating a car of this description is less fun than the above, but is more satisfying.

3. Civics are FWD... quite possibly the gayest car platform in the entire universe. Beating any FWD car, including civics, is both extremely satisfying and fun.

Just my opinions.
funkjaw is offline  
Old 06-21-12, 05:08 PM
  #18  
1.5 Goodfella's Tall
5 Year Member
iTrader: (97)
 
Gringo Grande's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,216
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valid points.

However my point being that the OP gave little to know consideration if not to his well being to that of his child. He was obviously dealing with a dumbass...and he didn't really "race" him...he acted like a dick too and is trying to justify his actions...and ignoring the possibility that he could have had some pissed off ******** shooting at him and thereby his son and/or other children.

Worth it? If you say so.
Gringo Grande is offline  
Old 06-22-12, 12:58 PM
  #19  
...FD Obsessed...
5 Year Member
 
IRONLUNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would never EVER risk my pretty baby (my car) playing with some *** in a POS civic...

I'm just glad he wasn't some psycho considering you led him right to your kids school...
IRONLUNG is offline  
Old 06-22-12, 05:39 PM
  #20  
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
MX_504's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 31
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed with the 2 previous posters. Regardless of the sense of satisfaction, you can't risk things like that nowadays. No ego-booster is worth a life, or in this case, potentially multiple lives.
MX_504 is offline  
Old 06-22-12, 05:44 PM
  #21  
Sharp Claws
iTrader: (30)
 
RotaryEvolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,135
Likes: 0
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Gringo Grande View Post
Valid points.

However my point being that the OP gave little to know consideration if not to his well being to that of his child. He was obviously dealing with a dumbass...and he didn't really "race" him...he acted like a dick too and is trying to justify his actions...and ignoring the possibility that he could have had some pissed off ******** shooting at him and thereby his son and/or other children.

Worth it? If you say so.
it's the quiet ones you have to worry about, not the loud obnoxious ones.
RotaryEvolution is offline  
Old 06-23-12, 10:16 AM
  #22  
Retired Moderator, RIP
iTrader: (142)
 
misterstyx69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Smiths Falls.(near Ottawa!.Mapquest IT!)
Posts: 25,758
Likes: 0
Received 100 Likes on 87 Posts
This "douche in a Civic" should meet up with the
"C**t in an Oldsmobile"!..that would be my Ex-wife!.I know they would make a great pair!
misterstyx69 is offline  
Old 06-23-12, 05:32 PM
  #23  
1.5 Goodfella's Tall
5 Year Member
iTrader: (97)
 
Gringo Grande's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,216
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it's the quiet ones you have to worry about, not the loud obnoxious ones.
One of my business partners used to say this about me, "He talks quieter than a 5yr old girl but he's the only one of you (partners) who scares me." Haha.

This "douche in a Civic" should meet up with the
"C**t in an Oldsmobile"!..that would be my Ex-wife!.I know they would make a great pair!
Hahah Awesome!
Gringo Grande is offline  
Old 06-30-12, 04:06 PM
  #24  
Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: La Habra
Posts: 239
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha nice i did the same in my gtu and when i smoked him from a rolling start he actuall got pissed at me and blocked the road so NObody got thru(whittier boulevard) so i had to stop and when he got out of his car my homeboy got out of mine threw a couple blows and jumped in his ride and took off for about two blocks. it was epic watchin this fat dude run after his car! lol civics!
xXGslseSleeperXx is offline  
Old 06-30-12, 04:43 PM
  #25  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's hilarious. I usually drive the family car since I don't have my own car at the moment but I do see the typical douches with their civics. Peculiarly kids who are about 18 or under because their parents have given them a car, my opinion is they shouldn't be driving. I drive the posted speed limit or above like 5mph. They always try to cut in front of me because I'm driving "Slow", I just take my sweet time because I'm in no rush to get anywhere. I live in the San Fernando valley & I'm ashamed of living here, about 65% of the population here thinks they're bad behind the wheel of their horrible ricers.

Last edited by hachiroku999; 06-30-12 at 04:45 PM.
hachiroku999 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Douche in a Civic


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: