Group Buy & Product Dev. FD RX-7 Post your possible Group Buys and product interest for the 1992 through 2002 FD series RX-7 in this section.

Custom Solenoid Rack

Old 09-23-11, 02:38 AM
  #26  
Rotary Freak
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
AzEKnightz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: California, SF
Posts: 2,484
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
1. oyvindjs -
2. RENESISFD - Deposit Received
3. schleprx7 - Deposit Received
4. twinsinside -
5. wadejg -
AzEKnightz is offline  
Old 09-23-11, 11:00 AM
  #27  
www.SakeBombGarage.com
RX7Club Vendor
iTrader: (17)
 
SakeBomb Garage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California
Posts: 1,836
Liked 56 Times in 34 Posts
I'm really surprised more people haven't jumped on this. Have you posted this on other rotary forums too?

-Dan
SakeBomb Garage is offline  
Old 09-23-11, 11:15 AM
  #28  
Wastegate John
iTrader: (13)
 
RENESISFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island NY 11746
Posts: 2,982
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
^Me too. I thought the demand would have been much greater .





John
RENESISFD is offline  
Old 09-23-11, 11:19 AM
  #29  
Rotary Freak
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
AzEKnightz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: California, SF
Posts: 2,484
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by SBGarage View Post
I'm really surprised more people haven't jumped on this. Have you posted this on other rotary forums too?

-Dan
Nope, I will jump on other rotary forums right now to see if I can gather more people.

Originally Posted by RENESISFD View Post
^Me too. I thought the demand would have been much greater .

John
Me three john!!!! There were almost 20 people under the "interested list" only 5 came through. I guess prices affect the GB quite a bit. On top of that, I am sure the people who were interested compared the prices 6 years ago to now. Which "almost" doubling the prices. What can I say?

-Eric
AzEKnightz is offline  
Old 09-23-11, 11:25 AM
  #30  
bow leggin'
iTrader: (25)
 
Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Delaware
Posts: 6,058
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by AzEKnightz View Post
.
Me three john!!!! There were almost 20 people under the "interested list" only 5 came through. I guess prices affect the GB quite a bit. On top of that, I am sure the people who were interested compared the prices 6 years ago to now. Which "almost" doubling the prices. What can I say?

-Eric
I'm sure you've noticed this, but the community is much different now then it was say five years ago. Anyone can put their name on a list, but when it comes time to pay they're nowhere to be seen.

-Dan
Scrub is offline  
Old 09-23-11, 11:27 AM
  #31  
Wastegate John
iTrader: (13)
 
RENESISFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island NY 11746
Posts: 2,982
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
^Lots of window shoppers now.


John
RENESISFD is offline  
Old 09-23-11, 12:13 PM
  #32  
Rotary Freak
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
AzEKnightz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: California, SF
Posts: 2,484
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Scrub View Post
I'm sure you've noticed this, but the community is much different now then it was say five years ago. Anyone can put their name on a list, but when it comes time to pay they're nowhere to be seen.

-Dan
Yep, hence why I needed the 250 deposit due to expensive solenoids. Just went on three other rotary forums and posted there. Let's see if there are more people who are willing to pay out for this amazing system =].

Originally Posted by RENESISFD View Post
^Lots of window shoppers now.


John
I know huh, right John!?

-Eric
AzEKnightz is offline  
Old 09-23-11, 04:52 PM
  #33  
Senior Member
 
BizarroTerl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SJ, CA
Posts: 333
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was mildly interested, but I'd rather keep the rack in the stock position. I'm not really open to dealing with a reticent emissions inspector.
BizarroTerl is offline  
Old 09-24-11, 01:39 AM
  #34  
Senior Member
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cali.
Posts: 353
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CA

Im interested! as I have the rack out since I'm doing a lot work there, if I order now what would be your eta? I can send full payment now if it makes a difference...

Also, how are these being connected to the harness, there seems to be some variation on the methods. I would like the easiest method and I don't really feel comfortable splicing the oem harness so a pnp would be ideal for me.
Sephek is offline  
Old 09-24-11, 02:57 PM
  #35  
Full Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 93
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2nd GB list:

1. Evopanda
2. ColdFeet
3.
4.
5.
ColdFeet is offline  
Old 09-24-11, 03:04 PM
  #36  
Full Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 93
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Deposit sent.
ColdFeet is offline  
Old 09-25-11, 07:17 AM
  #37  
Rotary Enthusiast
iTrader: (34)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: japan
Posts: 771
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
deposit sent, thanks.
twinsinside is offline  
Old 09-25-11, 12:00 PM
  #38  
Rotary Freak
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
AzEKnightz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: California, SF
Posts: 2,484
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sephek View Post
Im interested! as I have the rack out since I'm doing a lot work there, if I order now what would be your eta? I can send full payment now if it makes a difference...

Also, how are these being connected to the harness, there seems to be some variation on the methods. I would like the easiest method and I don't really feel comfortable splicing the oem harness so a pnp would be ideal for me.
If you can send in your payment (257.78 - paypal fee included, or 250 if send by gift) to [email protected] then I can include you in the current GB. My ETA is approximately 3-4 weeks top!

On the for the pnp, would you like a straight wiring connection from solenoid rack? or solenoid rack > 8 pin connector > to engine harness connectors?

-Eric
AzEKnightz is offline  
Old 09-25-11, 12:04 PM
  #39  
Rotary Freak
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
AzEKnightz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: California, SF
Posts: 2,484
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
1. oyvindjs -
2. RENESISFD - Deposit Received
3. schleprx7 - Deposit Received
4. twinsinside - Deposit Received
5. wadejg -
6. ColdFeet - Deposit Received

One more deposit then we can start this GB.

Wadejg, and oyvindjs, please send in your deposit to secure yourself in the spot, otherwise I will start the GB once the 5th payment is received then you'll have to wait till the second GB. I will now send you both a PM to confirm this. Thanks!

-Eric
AzEKnightz is offline  
Old 09-25-11, 12:05 PM
  #40  
Rotary Freak
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
AzEKnightz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: California, SF
Posts: 2,484
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by BizarroTerl View Post
I was mildly interested, but I'd rather keep the rack in the stock position. I'm not really open to dealing with a reticent emissions inspector.
I dont think this will effect the emission inspector because you are just simply relocating the original system to else where to make the car run better. Unless you are deleting the rest of the emission solenoids and such, then you will "fail" emission otherwise you should be ok. You just need to let the guy know.

-Eric
AzEKnightz is offline  
Old 09-25-11, 02:37 PM
  #41  
Original Gangster/Rotary!

iTrader: (205)
 
GoodfellaFD3S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: FL-->NJ/NYC again!
Posts: 29,988
Liked 123 Times in 102 Posts
I know my brother is interested in this setup, but he's been spending his car fund on lots of other needed parts right now. I'll point him in this direction for ya
GoodfellaFD3S is offline  
Old 09-25-11, 04:11 PM
  #42  
Rotary Freak
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
AzEKnightz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: California, SF
Posts: 2,484
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by GoodfellaFD3S View Post
I know my brother is interested in this setup, but he's been spending his car fund on lots of other needed parts right now. I'll point him in this direction for ya
Thanks Rich!

-Eric
AzEKnightz is offline  
Old 09-25-11, 04:16 PM
  #43  
Rotary Freak
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
AzEKnightz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: California, SF
Posts: 2,484
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Guys, I just wanted to clarify that after this initial GB. The price will go up 10% as my cost for the solenoids has gone up.

I believed I've stated in my build thread but has not mentioned it here on this GB thread. Therefore if you want to save some money, do it now rather than in the second GB and so forth.

Since I've stated this price before the price changed, I will honor the current price ONLY until I fill up the 5th spot or receive my 5th payment.( I've already received my 4th payment last night) However I will still honor the same price if you can get me the payment in by the 28th.

Basically what I am saying is I am not capping this first initial GB to 5 spots, but a minimum of 5 orders to get this going. So, if you really to jump onto this GB do it ASAP!

-Eric
AzEKnightz is offline  
Old 09-25-11, 09:26 PM
  #44  
Senior Member
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cali.
Posts: 353
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AzEKnightz View Post
If you can send in your payment (257.78 - paypal fee included, or 250 if send by gift) to [email protected] then I can include you in the current GB. My ETA is approximately 3-4 weeks top!

On the for the pnp, would you like a straight wiring connection from solenoid rack? or solenoid rack > 8 pin connector > to engine harness connectors?

-Eric
Deposit sent!
Also, for the the pnp, the latter would work for me.
When you say "straight wiring connection from the solenoid rack" do you mean just plain wires with no connectors at one end?
Sephek is offline  
Old 09-26-11, 01:37 AM
  #45  
Rotary Freak
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
AzEKnightz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: California, SF
Posts: 2,484
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sephek View Post
Deposit sent!
Also, for the the pnp, the latter would work for me.
When you say "straight wiring connection from the solenoid rack" do you mean just plain wires with no connectors at one end?
No, that means it will be straight harness and then blade connetors to one end. So there wont be any weatherpack connectors.

However I am currently trying to make a harness for one of the member at my cost for a "PnP" with one 8 pin connector so it can be easily disconnected behind the UIM rather than removing the UIM to get access to remove the wires for testing etc.

1. oyvindjs -
2. RENESISFD - Deposit Received
3. schleprx7 - Deposit Received
4. twinsinside - Deposit Received
5. wadejg - Deposit Received
6. ColdFeet - Deposit Received
7. Sephek - Deposit Received

Looks like we are ready to lock-and-load. However, I would like to give oyvindjs a couple more days to respond to me as he is the first one to contact me regarding this GB and has been following the build thread since I started (And he is oversea), therefore please bear with me for a couple more days for him to respond so I wont have to put him on the second GB and have to raise a price on him.

Again, I thank you all for the support and patience through this process and I will try my very best to get them out within 3 week time period. However it shouldnt take long than 4 weeks after I order all parts.

Cheers!

Eric Zheng
AzEKnightz is offline  
Old 09-26-11, 08:18 AM
  #46  
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 431
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hi folx, sorry for holding the GB up, ive been hospitalized the last few days.
Backproblems, musclecramps so intense that it pinched the nerves going to legs, so i lost touch/feel in em. Im up and walking again now, ill get on it when i get home, and fix the deposit.
Thanks for the patience!
oyvindjs is offline  
Old 09-26-11, 10:20 AM
  #47  
Rotary Freak
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
AzEKnightz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: California, SF
Posts: 2,484
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by oyvindjs View Post
hi folx, sorry for holding the GB up, ive been hospitalized the last few days.
Backproblems, musclecramps so intense that it pinched the nerves going to legs, so i lost touch/feel in em. Im up and walking again now, ill get on it when i get home, and fix the deposit.
Thanks for the patience!
Oyvind, I am glad you came through and are ok right now. Get some rest and take good care bro!

-Eric
AzEKnightz is offline  
Old 09-26-11, 11:38 AM
  #48  
Full Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 93
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AzEKnightz View Post
...

However I am currently trying to make a harness for one of the member at my cost for a "PnP" with one 8 pin connector so it can be easily disconnected behind the UIM rather than removing the UIM to get access to remove the wires for testing etc.

...
Interested.
ColdFeet is offline  
Old 09-27-11, 09:42 AM
  #49  
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 431
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Řyvind, you have sent $250.00 USD to Eric Zheng.

We have sent a payment receipt to your email and a notification to Eric Zheng at [email protected]
oyvindjs is offline  
Old 09-27-11, 09:59 AM
  #50  
Rotary Freak
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
AzEKnightz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: California, SF
Posts: 2,484
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by oyvindjs View Post
Řyvind, you have sent $250.00 USD to Eric Zheng.

We have sent a payment receipt to your email and a notification to Eric Zheng at [email protected]
Thank you Oyvind!

***GB is now OFFICIALLY started for the first round***

I will place an order on all parts today and expect them to be here by next wednesday or the monday the week after.

I will keep everyone updated every other day to make sure we are all on the same page. However, if any of u have any questions; do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for all your supports and patience, now let's get everything going!!!

Cheers,
Eric Zheng
AzEKnightz is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom Solenoid Rack


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: