Group Buy & Product Dev. FC RX-7 Post your possible group buys and product interest for the 1986 through 1992 FC series RX-7 in this section.
Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber Sunroof

Old 04-11-09, 04:24 PM
  #1  
FD Project
Thread Starter
iTrader: (58)
 
BLACK MAMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,352
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carbon Fiber Sunroof

Does anyone knows where or who makes a sunroof out of CF.
BLACK MAMBA is offline  
Old 04-12-09, 11:07 AM
  #2  
not a drifter
10 Year Member
iTrader: (133)
 
87 t-66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 9,327
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
87 t-66 is offline  
Old 05-11-09, 10:19 PM
  #3  
I
5 Year Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Twins80s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: at home
Posts: 1,063
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have one been trying to sell
Twins80s is offline  
Old 05-14-09, 01:18 PM
  #4  
Ridin doe'lo
 
Bridgepulse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: texas
Posts: 184
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Twins80s View Post
i have one been trying to sell

Where did you get the sun roof? Who makes it?
Bridgepulse is offline  
Old 05-15-09, 03:17 PM
  #5  
10 lb. boost, 5lb. bag
10 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Gene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,076
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I emailed these guys and it bounced with a mailbox full error. So I called them and it went straight to voicemail.
Gene is offline  
Old 05-20-09, 10:27 PM
  #6  
DRAMA
iTrader: (36)
 
drama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: From Lexington, Ky/ Live in Edmond, Ok
Posts: 2,981
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So no one has one for sale, Thats had it installed on the car with some pictures so I could see how well it sits or how well it fits to the seal, And is it water tight fit.
drama is offline  
Old 05-20-09, 11:52 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
10 Year Member
iTrader: (8)
 
fazzt73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chula Vista CA
Posts: 457
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sun roof from retro-spec

we just cleared our email, one sunroof in stock.
Thanks
fazzt73 is offline  
Old 10-19-11, 08:54 PM
  #8  
Full Member
10 Year Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 154
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i hear the ones that are available online do not seal or fit so well
Leonel95 is offline  
Old 10-20-11, 12:31 PM
  #9  
Full Member
10 Year Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 154
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FL

I just recently noticed even imed the folks in china.. The carbon fiber ones that are sold online by shops that buy them bulk.. They stopped production because the seals have problems working on the car.hence they are now doing a redeveloping a new mold.
Leonel95 is offline  
Old 10-20-11, 04:45 PM
  #10  
goc
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
goc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Skåne, Sweden
Posts: 27
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Leonel95 View Post
I just recently noticed even imed the folks in china.. The carbon fiber ones that are sold online by shops that buy them bulk.. They stopped production because the seals have problems working on the car.hence they are now doing a redeveloping a new mold.
Any idea when the new ones will be on the market?

Best regards
Goran
goc is offline  
Old 12-11-11, 10:02 PM
  #11  
ITS WHAT I DO!
5 Year Member
 
SURB?S 86 RX-7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: panama city florida
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is tru about the online cf panels. trust me i had one and sent it back. the front of it diped below the roof a bit and the seal would not fit because they made the lips too small and thin.
not sure about retro-spec they seem so make good products though.
SURB?S 86 RX-7 is offline  
Old 01-24-12, 01:22 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
fc323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: los angeles
Posts: 324
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.c7carbon.com/mazda-86-91-...rbon-fiber-180

ive always wanted to buy but the car always break down when i have money :P
fc323 is offline  
Old 03-28-12, 08:47 AM
  #13  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Highland,CA
Posts: 22
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would love to have cf sunroof
BEANIESTII is offline  
Old 04-10-12, 08:09 PM
  #14  
Full Member
iTrader: (2)
 
blindboxx2334's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: sacramento
Posts: 184
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my gawd.

they do make em. so schweet
blindboxx2334 is offline  
Old 04-14-12, 02:04 AM
  #15  
Junior Member
10 Year Member
 
kevyeewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Castro Valley, CA
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet indeed!
kevyeewy is offline  
Old 08-10-12, 08:51 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
iTrader: (11)
 
jorx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 676
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shine auto makes these in fiberglass im one of the few that have them and fitment is amazing. other companies dont have good fitment at all, look through threads and youll see the crap tht other companies have done. shine is one of the best on the market right now.
jorx7 is offline  
Old 08-11-12, 11:00 AM
  #17  
On the fasttrack!
5 Year Member
iTrader: (22)
 
magus2222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: virginia beach, virginia
Posts: 2,493
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya, dont buy anything from c7 carbon, their quality is still sub standard, the fitment is crap, and their customer support blows dick

Lloyd
magus2222 is offline  
Old 08-16-12, 09:24 PM
  #18  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: La
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you know where i can find a glass sunroof found it before but dont remember where?
sickwithit46 is offline  
Old 01-12-13, 09:27 AM
  #19  
Carbon Freak
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 344
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys,

I have some carbon kevlar/carbon fiber/fiberglass sunroofs available for the FC. I am looking for somebody with a clean car to snap some beautiful pictures of the panel fitted. Of course, this would go with a very decent discount.

Contact me at: [email protected]

(I am a GB sponsor here FYI!)

Thanks!

Marc
CarbonRXX is offline  
Old 02-04-13, 04:31 PM
  #20  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: georgia
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just what i need
wes1023 is offline  
Old 02-06-13, 04:25 AM
  #21  
Carbon Freak
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 344
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Weston,

Got your email and will reply you shortly.

Marc
CarbonRXX is offline  
Old 03-03-13, 10:49 PM
  #22  
Trouble575
5 Year Member
 
trouble575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CarbonRXX View Post
Hey guys,

I have some carbon kevlar/carbon fiber/fiberglass sunroofs available for the FC. I am looking for somebody with a clean car to snap some beautiful pictures of the panel fitted. Of course, this would go with a very decent discount.

Contact me at: [email protected]

(I am a GB sponsor here FYI!)

Thanks!

Marc
what kinda price are we talking ( price without it being a clean car seeing as how I'm waiting for paint) I would def be interested in one
trouble575 is offline  
Old 03-10-13, 11:48 AM
  #23  
Carbon Freak
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 344
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I pm you now! Sorry for the delay!
CarbonRXX is offline  
Old 03-12-13, 04:02 PM
  #24  
Freshly Built Streetport
 
TIIFC3S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 206
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought mine from Retro-Spec, which is now C7Carbon I think. The quality was pretty good, only very slight imprefections, nothing that I had issues with. I've seen only 1 other FC with a carbon roof and the quality was not nearly as good as mine. Fitment was ok. The only real issue I ran into was the studs were slightly off and too long for the sunroof headliner to fit right. I used a dremel to shorten the studs and it went on fine from there. I reused the original seal since mine was in perfect condition and I haven't had any issues with water after washing. Even through an auto wash. I'll be honest, I don't drive my car in the rain.

All of the issues I've read about fitment I think come from how hard it is to reinstall. I spent over an hour aligning the sunroof and I still didn't get it perfect. I didn't really notice til I had it all back together, but the passenger side is a little high. But it is a royal pain to align. I usually have mine popped up, so the passenger side being high doesn't matter.

Customer service was so so. I had to email and call him on a number of occasions to push him to complete the order. But it wasn't that bad, and I was happy with both my carbon roof and radiator panel.

Name:  CarbonSunroof1.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  122.9 KB

Name:  CarbonSunroof2.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  89.2 KB

Name:  CarbonSunroof4.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  51.0 KB

Name:  EngineBay2.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  603.0 KB
TIIFC3S is offline  
Old 03-14-13, 08:10 AM
  #25  
B O R I C U A
iTrader: (14)
 
KNONFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: VA
Posts: 5,370
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by TIIFC3S View Post
I bought mine from Retro-Spec, which is now C7Carbon I think. The quality was pretty good, only very slight imprefections, nothing that I had issues with. I've seen only 1 other FC with a carbon roof and the quality was not nearly as good as mine. Fitment was ok. The only real issue I ran into was the studs were slightly off and too long for the sunroof headliner to fit right. I used a dremel to shorten the studs and it went on fine from there. I reused the original seal since mine was in perfect condition and I haven't had any issues with water after washing. Even through an auto wash. I'll be honest, I don't drive my car in the rain.

All of the issues I've read about fitment I think come from how hard it is to reinstall. I spent over an hour aligning the sunroof and I still didn't get it perfect. I didn't really notice til I had it all back together, but the passenger side is a little high. But it is a royal pain to align. I usually have mine popped up, so the passenger side being high doesn't matter.

Customer service was so so. I had to email and call him on a number of occasions to push him to complete the order. But it wasn't that bad, and I was happy with both my carbon roof and radiator panel.







Did you had to glue the rubber seal to the sun roof?
KNONFS is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Sunroof


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.