3rd Generation Specific (1993-2002) 1993-2002 Discussion including performance modifications and Technical Support Sections.
Sponsored by:

Plug top hose by intake manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-02, 02:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Plug top hose by intake manifold?

I removed the stock air box today. I left the CRV (I think that's what it's called) vent to atmosphere, put a small K&N filter on the air pump, plugged the location for the stock BOV (using type-s now). There is another hose that is next to the intake manifold, it's metal. When the air pump is on, air comes out it, but when the pump shuts off (higher rpm) the air stops coming out. Can I plug it, or should I put a breather filter on it?
Old 03-02-02, 07:50 AM
Lives on the Forum

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you are refering to the 2 metal lines that wrap around the back to the lower manifold. the bottom one should be pluged. it lets out exhaust. i have my air pump completely removed though, dont know if that makes a difference with airpump still on and functioning. i ripped mine out asap when i got the car.
Old 03-02-02, 11:17 AM

Originally posted by rxrotary2_7
if you are refering to the 2 metal lines that wrap around the back to the lower manifold. the bottom one should be pluged. it lets out exhaust. i have my air pump completely removed though, dont know if that makes a difference with airpump still on and functioning. i ripped mine out asap when i got the car.
Its actually just one metal line. On the stock air box it was connected at the top right (of the air box). About a two foot section of rubber hose that connects to about a six inch section of metal tubing directly to the left of the intake manifold. Then, a rubber elbow curves back behind the intake manifold and connects to another metal tube. So I need to know if I can plug it, or do I have to filter it. I filtered the hole directly on the air pump.
Old 03-02-02, 01:38 PM
Lives on the Forum

its been over 3 years since i have seen my stock airbox and an not familiar with the pipe you are talking about. the 2 pipes i am refering to are together. they come off the lower manifold as one piece. i guess this is not what you are refering to. one is an intake and one is exhaust. the bottom is exhaust. they are about less than an inch away from each other running side by side, and are the same length (stop at the same spot) do you have a pic of the lines in question?
Old 03-02-02, 01:39 PM
Lives on the Forum

does you car sound like a goose is dying? does the noise stop when you put your thumb over the hole. if so, then plug it.
Old 03-02-02, 04:20 PM

Originally posted by rxrotary2_7
does you car sound like a goose is dying? does the noise stop when you put your thumb over the hole. if so, then plug it.
Yep, it did. I plugged it this morning and the car runs fine. Thanks for the input guys!