Power FC Forum Apex Power FC Support and Questions.

Power FC phone case/holder

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-01, 11:13 AM
Toy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
phone case/holder

For any of you using a phone holder (motorola?) to mount your pfc commander, what make and model phone is it for?

someone please tell me. thanks
Old 07-19-01, 01:19 PM
Just Call Me Terminator!

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-01, 01:27 PM
Toy

i can!! i can!! i really really can!!! i promise.
Old 07-19-01, 03:16 PM
Just Call Me Terminator!

silver93tt just got one from walmart. i know you can use an avc-r mount but the trick is finding one. i'll ask what kind he got from walmart when he is around.
Old 07-19-01, 04:11 PM
Braap Braap Braap BOOM!

I bought it at Target. It is a Samsonite phone holder that has a"gooseneck" that you can contour to the way you want. The stupid thing cost me $30 but it works great and looks decent. I didn't use the adhesive that came with it. I purchased some 3M velcro strips and used those. I didn't use the actal phone holde piece. I cut the tabs off to make the surface flat for mounting the commander. Make sure you clean the surface really well with alcohol (be careful if you have a 93 so you don't peel your finish) and let the thing sit for a few hours before you mount the commander.
Old 07-21-01, 09:11 PM

Smile

I have one on mine. After searching every freakin cell phone place around, I finally decided to give Wal-Mart one last try. I went to the automotive accecories isle. For some reason, I picked up the Bell Air Vent Phone Holder and looked at the back. WHOA!!!! It can also mount on the dash with double sided tape (or screws) and it swivels!!!!!!!!!!! It's a universal holder that squeezes together to hold the phone (commander) and has a button that when pushed releases the phone (commander). So far it's perfect. The tape is holding up really well, even in the heat. It's PERFECT for the Commanders and only cost I think $7. I'll try and get a picture of it soon. I just found a somewhat decent pic on their website at http://www.bellautomotive.com/asp/pr...ils.asp?id=188.