young j: Bad experience buying from him - RX7Club.com - Mazda RX7 Forum

The Bad & Fugly Members Bad feedback only

young j: Bad experience buying from him

Reply

 
 
 
Old 06-01-16, 12:47 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 689
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Thumbs down young j: Bad experience buying from him

I picked up some Montego Blue mirrors from member young j which a simple transaction turned into wasted time and money. The mirrors arrived almost 2 months later in a box packaged with absolutely zero care.

The original thread is here where he mentions the mirrors "paint is in good condition no big scratches." I also sent him a PM asking about what year the mirrors came off and his response: "its a 94 Montego blue always washed and waxed "

https://www.rx7club.com/3rd-generati...witch-1098765/

Based on the pictures and the response in the PM I figured why not pick up a set of spare mirrors in the right color. Parts are getting harder to find by the day for these cars.


Timeline:

4/9/16
I paid for the mirrors via paypal

4/21/16
Some time goes by and I ask for an update to see if the mirrors were shipped.

4/22/16
-He responds on saying "will get you the tracking number today "

4/24/16
-Sends "tracking 782903629443 fed ex"

At this point of time I was out of the country and assumed the mirrors would arrive a few days later. No boxes arrived.

5/6/16
He sends a message asking if I got the mirrors. Checking the tracking number shows the box went to California, not IL.

5/7/16
He realizes the boxes got switched at is trying to get a hold of the other party to get the mirrors returned.

5/10/16
I ask for an update as nothing is heard:
"just spoke to the pther party , he said hes going send em back to me now ...I will ship em to you with faster shipping at no charge of course. "

5/23/16
I ask for another update:
"yup shipping to you tonight!!!!! "

5/25/16
I get an update with the UPS tracking number. Sent via ground, so much for that faster shipping :lol

5/28/16
I get the mirrors after UPS delivers them to the wrong house


The negligent packaging and "good condition mirrors with no big scratches." Pictures don't do justice, they are beat up pretty bad.
Name:  WP_20160528_13_08_21_Pro_zpsedauhr7o.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  289.4 KB
Name:  WP_20160528_13_08_27_Pro_zpszv3sxcsg.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  286.3 KB
Name:  WP_20160528_13_08_38_Pro_zpsz02urok7.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  182.0 KB
Name:  WP_20160528_15_19_45_Pro_zpswb2ra5xi.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  213.9 KB
Name:  WP_20160528_15_20_45_Pro_zpsw4bsrchf.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  200.5 KB


As you can see the mirrors were not individually wrapped in anything and were constantly smashing against each other in the box. The box was quite large to hold the two mirrors without any packaging material!

I sent him a message explaining how disappointed I was in a simple transaction, the mirrors being improperly packaged, and not in good condition as described.

His response:
"in that case you might want to get in contact with ups man , these things have insurance I packed them well even placed a fragile sticker on the box. "


Be careful who you buy from.
Brekyrself is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 01:01 AM
  #2  
Original Gangster/Rotary!

iTrader: (205)
 
GoodfellaFD3S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: FL-->NJ/NYC again!
Posts: 29,977
Thanked 105 Times in 92 Posts
sending young j a PM to address this issue.......
GoodfellaFD3S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 01:33 AM
  #3  
Full Member
iTrader: (11)
 
young j's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: houston
Posts: 201
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Brekyrself View Post
I picked up some Montego Blue mirrors from member young j which a simple transaction turned into wasted time and money. The mirrors arrived almost 2 months later in a box packaged with absolutely zero care.

The original thread is here where he mentions the mirrors "paint is in good condition no big scratches." I also sent him a PM asking about what year the mirrors came off and his response: "its a 94 Montego blue always washed and waxed "

https://www.rx7club.com/3rd-generati...witch-1098765/

Based on the pictures and the response in the PM I figured why not pick up a set of spare mirrors in the right color. Parts are getting harder to find by the day for these cars.


Timeline:

4/9/16
I paid for the mirrors via paypal

4/21/16
Some time goes by and I ask for an update to see if the mirrors were shipped.

4/22/16
-He responds on saying "will get you the tracking number today "

4/24/16
-Sends "tracking 782903629443 fed ex"

At this point of time I was out of the country and assumed the mirrors would arrive a few days later. No boxes arrived.

5/6/16
He sends a message asking if I got the mirrors. Checking the tracking number shows the box went to California, not IL.

5/7/16
He realizes the boxes got switched at is trying to get a hold of the other party to get the mirrors returned.

5/10/16
I ask for an update as nothing is heard:
"just spoke to the pther party , he said hes going send em back to me now ...I will ship em to you with faster shipping at no charge of course. "

5/23/16
I ask for another update:
"yup shipping to you tonight!!!!! "

5/25/16
I get an update with the UPS tracking number. Sent via ground, so much for that faster shipping :lol

5/28/16
I get the mirrors after UPS delivers them to the wrong house


The negligent packaging and "good condition mirrors with no big scratches." Pictures don't do justice, they are beat up pretty bad.







As you can see the mirrors were not individually wrapped in anything and were constantly smashing against each other in the box. The box was quite large to hold the two mirrors without any packaging material!

I sent him a message explaining how disappointed I was in a simple transaction, the mirrors being improperly packaged, and not in good condition as described.

His response:
"in that case you might want to get in contact with ups man , these things have insurance I packed them well even placed a fragile sticker on the box. "


Be careful who you buy from.
been on this forum for 10 years buying and selling , my reputation speaks for itself without any issues from anyone else...
I gave specific updates on the situation and paid for the shipping out of my own pocket .
also these are used mirrors off a 22 year old vehicle, they weren't perfect and I never claimed they were ...I stated they were in "good shape"...
I even sent you pictures personally and you agreed to .
lastly the box being sent to the wrong house wasn't my responsibility, I used the address listed on your paypal account.
I appreciate your patience in the situation however I provided you with constant updates , and the mirrors are in perfect working order ..

cheers
young j is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 01:42 AM
  #4  
Full Member
iTrader: (11)
 
young j's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: houston
Posts: 201
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
lastly you could have sent em back to me for a refund , but you immediately stated you were goign to "make a nice thread" about me.
i guess slandering a good 10 year member is how you do business.
young j is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 01:55 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 689
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by young j View Post
lastly you could have sent em back to me for a refund , but you immediately stated you were goign to "make a nice thread" about me.
i guess slandering a good 10 year member is how you do business.

Slandering? The situation speaks for itself. A reputable member would never package the mirrors like you did OR respond in the way you did below. You never mentioned any refunds etc...


Me in a PM:
"Found them, they were delivered to a neighbor. These are in terrible condition, scratched, paint chips etc... The mirrors were banging against each other in the box, they were not even wrapped up!

Far from your comments about them coming from a car that was always washed and waxed. This has been a terrible experience. "


Your response:
"in that case you might want to get in contact with ups man , these things have insurance I packed them well even placed a fragile sticker on the box. "
Brekyrself is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 02:06 AM
  #6  
Full Member
iTrader: (11)
 
young j's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: houston
Posts: 201
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
yes , gotten in contact with them about banging up the box for one and shipping to the wrong house when I used the address that's clearly on your paypal account.

I guess you threw that address thing in there to help your argument, never once did you ask to resolve the issue with returning them or anything about a a refund you were clearly upset and ready to "make a nice thread about me".
no mirrors off a 22 year old car are going to be perfect man..
young j is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 10:48 AM
  #7  
Original Gangster/Rotary!

iTrader: (205)
 
GoodfellaFD3S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: FL-->NJ/NYC again!
Posts: 29,977
Thanked 105 Times in 92 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by young j View Post
lastly you could have sent em back to me for a refund
Aside from all the back and forth, this is the right way to do business.

young j---when brekyrself sends the mirrors back to you, and you refund him the full amount, then you've indeed verified that you're a good seller in my book.

brek, is this how you'd like to proceed?
GoodfellaFD3S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 12:12 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 689
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by GoodfellaFD3S View Post
Aside from all the back and forth, this is the right way to do business.

young j---when brekyrself sends the mirrors back to you, and you refund him the full amount, then you've indeed verified that you're a good seller in my book.

brek, is this how you'd like to proceed?
I would be happy to return the mirrors. If young j would confirm a shipping address in a PM I can send them out via UPS tomorrow.
Brekyrself is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 12:21 PM
  #9  
Full Member
iTrader: (11)
 
young j's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: houston
Posts: 201
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
pmed with address verification, I will happily refund you when I get the mirrors back.
young j is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 12:40 PM
  #10  
Penis Healthy
iTrader: (5)
 
FührerTüner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: █▬█ █▄█ █▬█ █▄██▬█ █▄█ █▬█ █▄█
Posts: 1,978
Thanked 41 Times in 37 Posts
I love happy endings.
FührerTüner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 01:20 PM
  #11  
Original Gangster/Rotary!

iTrader: (205)
 
GoodfellaFD3S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: FL-->NJ/NYC again!
Posts: 29,977
Thanked 105 Times in 92 Posts
..... not quite happy yet. Stay tuned
GoodfellaFD3S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-16, 10:52 AM
  #12  
Fight the Cancer
iTrader: (42)
 
Molotovman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,240
Thanked 36 Times in 31 Posts
I felt obliged to post here and share my "damaged package" experience with UPS after reading this:
in that case you might want to get in contact with ups man , these things have insurance I packed them well even placed a fragile sticker on the box.
I filed a claim with UPS after a part I shipped and considered to be packaged very well was dropped (Multiple times) and damaged. The shortened story is it was a **** show that ended with me re-routing the package back to the purchaser after giving a generous discount and having my claim denied. UPS has very stringent packaging requirements you are bound to after increasing the declared value and you are not actually purchasing any "insurance" even though it is portrayed that way. If you don't have 2" MINIMUM cushioning around and between objects in your package (which has to be a properly rated box) they will basically tell you to go pound sand no matter how far you attempt to escalate it. Also, fragile stickers or markings are absolutely meaningless.

The last thing I have to say is for any seller, a damaged package is not the buyer's responsibility, the buyer should take pictures as they open the package and send them to the seller to use when starting a claim with the shipping company. At that time the seller should offer to refund the buyer if the damage is clearly from shipping/packaging when the item is confirmed as picked up for inspection by the shipper. The buyer should decide if they want to take the parts as is, ask for a discount from the seller, or let them go to be inspected by the shipper.
Molotovman is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-16, 05:17 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 689
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Molotovman View Post
I felt obliged to post here and share my "damaged package" experience with UPS after reading this:

I filed a claim with UPS after a part I shipped and considered to be packaged very well was dropped (Multiple times) and damaged. The shortened story is it was a **** show that ended with me re-routing the package back to the purchaser after giving a generous discount and having my claim denied. UPS has very stringent packaging requirements you are bound to after increasing the declared value and you are not actually purchasing any "insurance" even though it is portrayed that way. If you don't have 2" MINIMUM cushioning around and between objects in your package (which has to be a properly rated box) they will basically tell you to go pound sand no matter how far you attempt to escalate it. Also, fragile stickers or markings are absolutely meaningless.

The last thing I have to say is for any seller, a damaged package is not the buyer's responsibility, the buyer should take pictures as they open the package and send them to the seller to use when starting a claim with the shipping company. At that time the seller should offer to refund the buyer if the damage is clearly from shipping/packaging when the item is confirmed as picked up for inspection by the shipper. The buyer should decide if they want to take the parts as is, ask for a discount from the seller, or let them go to be inspected by the shipper.
This is very true with any shipping company. It is extremely important to take pictures of valuable items prior to packaging and also helps your case if a UPS store for examples packs the items for you.


Mirrors have been shipped via UPS 1ZY774R50397894678
Name:  WP_20160602_11_51_33_Pro_zpsq0xoyfly.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  208.2 KB
Name:  WP_20160602_11_52_40_Pro_zpstjr6dyds.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  208.8 KB
Brekyrself is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-16, 02:29 AM
  #14  
Retired Moderator, RIP
iTrader: (142)
 
misterstyx69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Smiths Falls.(near Ottawa!.Mapquest IT!)
Posts: 25,758
Thanks: 0
Thanked 89 Times in 80 Posts
Yep..shipping Companies can really mess up your stuff.
Case and point.
Spoiler at the Terminal BEFORE...and then the next pic is how it arrived..in 3 pieces.
I did make a claim and got re-imbursed though..(took some footwork,emails and a couple nasty words,but I got refunded for the loss and the shipping)
The crazy thing about it is they actually shipped it BACK to me.
Attached Thumbnails young j: Bad experience buying from him-img_0074-1-.jpg   young j: Bad experience buying from him-img_0107.jpg  

Last edited by misterstyx69; 06-06-16 at 02:31 AM.
misterstyx69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-16, 02:08 PM
  #15  
Lives on the Forum
iTrader: (80)
 
Supernaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 5,831
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hey Brek, did you get refunded for shipping as well? Also, did you state which address the mirrors should be shipped to?
Supernaut is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-16, 05:40 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 689
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
Hey Brek, did you get refunded for shipping as well? Also, did you state which address the mirrors should be shipped to?
The mirrors will be delivered today according to UPS. I do not expect to be refunded for the return shipping.

Young j confirmed his return shipping address in a PM.
Brekyrself is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-16, 02:33 PM
  #17  
Lives on the Forum
iTrader: (80)
 
Supernaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 5,831
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Brekyrself View Post
I do not expect to be refunded for the return shipping.
Well, if the initial mix up with the address was your fault, I guess that's fair play. If not, then it's a real shame. Also, if it makes you feel any better, I bet that the second time the mirrors were shipped, the difference between faster shipping and ground was close enough where it would not have warranted to ship with a faster method. Maybe young j didn't intentionally lie to you for the sake of saving some bucks.
Supernaut is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-16, 03:47 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 689
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
Well, if the initial mix up with the address was your fault, I guess that's fair play. If not, then it's a real shame. Also, if it makes you feel any better, I bet that the second time the mirrors were shipped, the difference between faster shipping and ground was close enough where it would not have warranted to ship with a faster method. Maybe young j didn't intentionally lie to you for the sake of saving some bucks.
The only address issue was the boxes being mixed up prior to shipping the mirrors. Once the mirrors were on the way to me UPS simply decided to drop them off at the wrong house, go figure.

I'm not concerned with the $18 cost to ship the mirrors back, it's a lesson learned. Now that young j has the mirrors back as of yesterday, well wait to see if a refund comes through.
Brekyrself is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-16, 05:35 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 689
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
young j

Can you confirm receipt of the mirrors? UPS shows delivered on Tuesday.
Brekyrself is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-16, 10:11 AM
  #20  
Full Member
iTrader: (11)
 
young j's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: houston
Posts: 201
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm currently working out of town but yes my younger brother at home has received a package apparently, I get back in a couple days and I will make sure it's the mirrors and i will refund you.
young j is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-16, 12:01 AM
  #21  
Retired Moderator, RIP
iTrader: (142)
 
misterstyx69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Smiths Falls.(near Ottawa!.Mapquest IT!)
Posts: 25,758
Thanks: 0
Thanked 89 Times in 80 Posts
Can we get an Update on this matter?
misterstyx69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-16, 12:10 AM
  #22  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 689
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by misterstyx69 View Post
Can we get an Update on this matter?
I have not received a refund yet.
Brekyrself is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-16, 01:38 PM
  #23  
Full Member
iTrader: (11)
 
young j's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: houston
Posts: 201
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
getting back to town Friday, I work in the oil and gas field I will make sure the package is the mirrors and will issue refund.
young j is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-16, 11:05 AM
  #24  
Original Gangster/Rotary!

iTrader: (205)
 
GoodfellaFD3S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: FL-->NJ/NYC again!
Posts: 29,977
Thanked 105 Times in 92 Posts
.....or you could have your brother open it and send a picture of the contents.

Why make him wait for a refund?
GoodfellaFD3S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-16, 11:26 AM
  #25  
Full Member
iTrader: (11)
 
young j's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: houston
Posts: 201
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by GoodfellaFD3S View Post
.....or you could have your brother open it and send a picture of the contents.

Why make him wait for a refund?
I want to make sure the mirrors aren't broken, the motors inside are still working etc....transactions work both ways ...the buyer wasn't satisfied with the condition of the paint I have the right to inspect the mirrors as well.
young j is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: young j: Bad experience buying from him


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.