Jon from Atomic Rex I want my refund of money deposit and parts. Been waiting 2 years - Page 2 - RX7Club.com - Mazda RX7 Forum

Go Back  RX7Club.com - Mazda RX7 Forum > Classifieds > Buying & Selling Feedback > The Bad & Fugly Businesses
Reload this Page >

Jon from Atomic Rex I want my refund of money deposit and parts. Been waiting 2 years

Jon from Atomic Rex I want my refund of money deposit and parts. Been waiting 2 years

Reply

 
 
 
Old 11-11-13, 12:03 PM
  #26  
Banned. I got OWNED!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Castle Combe Circuit, UK
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post
well... I don't know what else to add... i still want my rack... :-/

I am wondering now if Jon/Dan will come through give me my rx7 rack and any other people that require their stuff although ive been the one waiting years now with this issue............................................. .
Both Dan and I have spoken to you personally and made a promise to deliver you a rack. I have to say, the mods on here aren't really fighting your cause for you anymore...since if I was the complete **** they have made me out to be, then I would have scuttled off into a hole, and you would be still left no better off. My personal feelings are this thread has turned from fighting your corner to hounding me out of business. But I will ensure the honourable thing is done and you will be able to report back, along with the other people who have stuck by us and realised that paying through PayPal covers you...so even if you have doubt that the racks wont materialise then your money is covered. All I can do now is prove to those people that this will occur, despite the best attempts of the one man army, as after all if you were interested in the common good of your members, then allowing them to be able to chose for themselves is the more grown up method. This isn't a dictatorship.

So for those that want to read the sorrowful facts then chose to read into it as it really is, business failed is now back under a different name and looking to make good previous mistakes. Cant make it simpler than that.
MinotaurRacing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 12:09 PM
  #27  
Rare for a Reason
iTrader: (13)
 
Narfle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 5,126
Thanked 28 Times in 22 Posts
Hopefully not one person is duped into buying anything from these guys ever again.
It's a shame that people who can't run a business proper screw decent people out of hard earned cash.
Narfle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 01:40 PM
  #28  
All out Freak!
 
rx7roller02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: in a little box on a stick
Posts: 2,301
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MinotaurRacing View Post
Both Dan and I have spoken to you personally and made a promise to deliver you a rack.
How about less talking and more action then? You've been talking for more than three years now, Jon....and ahmed is still without what he deserves.


I have to say, the mods on here aren't really fighting your cause for you anymore...
I have to say, you would be very wise to stick to the matters at hand and not get into trying to shift focus onto "the mods on here". Stop talking out your **** already and face facts. You obviously need the business. But this forum does not need you. You're also not telling the truth about the big picture, Jon, so I will. The truth is that you have gained a reputation as someone who says one thing, then does another. You NEED to come in here and amass a good reputation because the word is already out about who really runs Minotaur on your side of the pond.

It's a real shame too, because some of your designs look amazing. If only you could have been an honest businessman instead of acting like this....imagine the business you could have had....


since if I was the complete **** they have made me out to be, then I would have scuttled off into a hole, and you would be still left no better off.
You've forgotten something there, sport. You have admitted your actions here. That is basically owning up to committing fraud. You have admitted to doing wrong. This is not only about ahmed anymore.....because I promise you, if you try for even a second to stiff ahmed out of what you owe him, I will make damn sure that every potential customer you could hope to come across knows about how Minotaur/Atomic Rex conduct business.....oh, wait, on your side of the pond most already do.

This is what happens when you let your ego talk instead of using your brain. You NEED a good reputation. And the one and only reason you have admitted what you did admit to, is because I caught you cold and you had nowhere else to go. You tried everything you could to lie to hide the connection between this company and your last one. It's time for you to stop pretending and, as we yanks say, man up.


My personal feelings are this thread has turned from fighting your corner to hounding me out of business.
Someday, hopefully soon, you will grow up, and be a man. When that happens, you will be able to stop blaming others for the consequences of your own choices and take some responsibility.

Until then, focus on what needs to be done here and leave it at that. No one is "hounding you out of business". Is everything I posted about your business habits truth, or not? I dont see anywhere where you refuted even a single claim with any kind of truth.....and I see you acknowledging what I have said. If I wanted to "hound you out of business", as you keep whining about, I would have simply banned you and called it done.

But again, that's your ego talking again. Good luck with that.


But I will ensure the honourable thing is done and you will be able to report back, along with the other people who have stuck by us and realised that paying through PayPal covers you...so even if you have doubt that the racks wont materialise then your money is covered.
Jon, I've been doing this a long time. I know about how Paypal works--and how Paypal doesnt work as well. Here's just one example of what I have been trying to tell you--and it comes from Paypal's own website:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/...e-a/td-p/34719

From the link:
I filed a dispute with paypal about an item that I did NOT buy from eBay and I did NOT receive. I received an email stating that I won do to fraudulent behavior, but there were no funds to recover from the sellers account. When I look at my Paypal information for the claim in my account it says they were unable to decide in my favor, but I received an email saying that they did claim in my favor. I am now out $300 and would like to know what my penalties would be if I issued a chargeback.
It IS entirely possible--and frequent--that a buyer pays for an item through Paypal, does not ever get that item, and then cannot recover the funds via paypal dispute. Stop pretending. Stop lying to people. Paypal is NOT safe--there are ways around it that have been known and easily exploited for years. Even before you ran your last two companies into the dirt, people were using Paypal to defraud buyers like this. Now, either I am telling you the truth, or I am lying--and somehow I got Paypal's website to lie along with me. Do a simple search on the web, Jon, and you will find entire websites created to complain about how Paypal sucks.

Unlike you, Jon, I'm not making up a back story as I go along.

All I can do now is prove to those people that this will occur, despite the best attempts of the one man army,
You're really starting to wear me thin, mate. Check yourself, before I do it for you. Your one and only focus as it pertains to this forum should be to get ahmed what is owed to him. Thats it. Nothing more, nothing less. You talk about how you can "prove to these people"...YOU HAVE HAD MORE THAN THREE DAMN YEARS TO PROVE TO THESE PEOPLE THAT YOU ARE AN HONORABLE MAN. And yet, ahmed is STILL trying to get you to get off your sorry ****, STOP LYING TO HIM, and make it right!

Is that my fault too, Jon? You REALLY need to drop the BS already.



as after all if you were interested in the common good of your members, then allowing them to be able to chose for themselves is the more grown up method. This isn't a dictatorship.
Perhaps you need to go back and review the rules and terms of service that you have kept violating. Here's a hint--you are way off the mark on that one. There is no good reason to allow sellers on this forum that have proven that they know how to lie to customers and not live up to their promises.

So for those that want to read the sorrowful facts then chose to read into it as it really is, business failed is now back under a different name and looking to make good previous mistakes. Cant make it simpler than that.
"sorrowful facts"? Funny thing, Jon, you talk about how "everyone realizes" that youre the real deal except for the "one man army". But a quick search online shows that I am far from the only person who has complained about you.....

Here's just a small sampling of your biggest fans...

Beware of Atomic Rex products!! [Archive] - mazdarotaryclub.com

http://*************.com/rotary_foru...ad.php?t=15363

OBVIOUSLY, I am not the only person who does not believe you, Jon. And you can only blame that on yourself. Dont think for one minute that you can try to attack me in this forum and shift the focus off of your dishonesty.

Let's not forget now, I approached you more than a year and a half ago...and told you that I had to lock all your group buy threads. I told you at that time that I would be HAPPY to reinstate them, just as soon as you handled your business with ahmed. YOU REFUSED. You actually told me that you wanted me to open them back up because "ahmed is a separate issue". And even after being banned from this forum before, you felt the need to come back here so that you could gain business--again, you need this forum a lot more than it needs you. But even now, youre more concerned with complaining about how "the one man army is trying to deprive this community of the glorious gift of Minotaur Racing parts".....than you are about fixing what you did! Not to mention, no less than two other moderators have spoken in agreement with me in this same thread....so once more, stop pretending.

NO MORE GAMES. Fix this. NOW. And before you try to think about attacking me again, go read the TOS that you agreed to--twice--when you joined this forum. Dont even THINK of attacking me again or complaining about me because of my reaction to your dishonesty.
rx7roller02 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 01:41 PM
  #29  
All out Freak!
 
rx7roller02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: in a little box on a stick
Posts: 2,301
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Barban View Post
Hopefully not one person is duped into buying anything from these guys ever again.
It's a shame that people who can't run a business proper screw decent people out of hard earned cash.
Wow, Jon! I guess it must be a "two man army" now, right?

MAKE THIS RIGHT. NO MORE EXCUSES. NO MORE SHIFTING THE BLAME OR THE FOCUS.
rx7roller02 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-13, 11:11 AM
  #30  
All out Freak!
 
rx7roller02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: in a little box on a stick
Posts: 2,301
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
wow, ok....so this is where we are at....

Through PMs, I have been informed that Jon can only provide a steering rack to ahmed if we delete this feedback thread and reopen his group buy for him. He tells me that "it is not worth it" to make the part that he admits to owing you, ahmed.

I already told him that he will not get either of those things. There's DEFINITELY no way that he will be allowed to blackmail his GB back open. Also, why in the world would we reopen that--so that he could take more money from people when he has not handled this mess yet? Not gonna happen, and it should be obvious as to why.

So, I asked him why he does not run a group buy on one of the UK forums that he has been running GBs on recently. Here is his response:

from minotaur:
I have no answer. My hands are tied. I have no way of making good the one rack that is outstanding. Besides which, it is owed by a company that doesn't exist anymore. So seeing as you are quoting company law..you should know all about that. I spoke to Dan, who I might add was the one that set up the GB, and between us we recognised that we needed to make right the fact that now we have the ability to create a rack we could give him one. This is because he doesn't want his money back he wants a rack.

I cannot afford to manufacture the first batch of racks without deposits. So until I can advertise them then it would appear that Ahmed will lose out.

So at the moment, that is all I have to offer. Ahmed is fine with me setting up the GB, it is within his interest to do so. Yes I had a number of successful group buys here in the UK, but that is a closed forum, and has limited footfall. I am just about to set up another one for the heated windscreens I am about to make. So the only person who is preventing Ahmed from having his rack in a timely fashion is you. Sorry to be blunt, but I feel I am treading on egg shells at the moment, as I am not allowed to speak my mind in case I offend you...but you say whatever you like.

Well that is the position I am in. If you want to explain to ahmed that he could have his rack FOC if I could get to the position where I had a few more people to make this happen, then his would be coming his way. But I cant...my hands are tied.

I am going to leave this up to Dan to see what he wants to do now. I have made my position clear. nothing I can say makes the blindest bit of difference, and so I am going to leave it to him.
Did you guys catch that? He claims he can only set a GB for these racks up on this forum, basically. When asked about the other forums, he says that those forums have "limited footfall".....but wait, he's about to set up a fresh GB for a new product on those same forums!

So, in other words, WITHOUT EVEN ATTEMPTING IT FIRST, he shot down the possibility of a GB on those other forums because they are too small and have limited traffic...but in the very next sentence, he tells me that he's about to set up a GB for a heated windscreen??? If he can set up THAT GB over there, why the hell couldnt he set up THIS one? but without even trying, he instantly declares that it is my fault, because I wont let him back into his GB here--a GB that never should have been posted to begin with because he lied about his identity.

Geez, for a guy that claims to want to make this right, all I'm seeing is a boat load of excuses, one after the other....

guys, according to Minotaur's facebook page:
Based on the outskirts of Castle Combe in Wiltshire, we are fully self-sufficient and able to make our own carbon/grp body components to exhausts and chassis designs.
they are fully able to make their own parts, as opposed to Atomic Rex, which had to send out to other companies to get things made. And yet, he actually claims that he needs several other people to send him money so that he could make one rack for ahmed. Is anyone buying this? I'm sure not.

Ahmed, they have had the capability to make a steering rack for you ever since they opened, it would seem. They already did all the R&D--remember they were selling these for FDs already. So they know what exactly they would need to make. All they need to do now is cover the production cost. And that should be the price they pay for messing this up to begin with. i tried to tell him that this process was not going to be designed to be convenient for him, but he wants it his own way.
rx7roller02 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-13, 09:07 PM
  #31  
FC guy
iTrader: (8)
 
Rob XX 7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 8,607
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
If they had pictures of 20 of them on a table i would still have my doubts, what a **** show
Its situations like this that makes people sell their cars. I dont get why shops who can offer good products cant seem to get their heads out of their butts long enough to run decent businesses
Rob XX 7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-13, 11:47 AM
  #32  
All out Freak!
 
rx7roller02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: in a little box on a stick
Posts: 2,301
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
OK, here's the latest recap.....and Jon, since I know you still view this forum even though you stopped posting here, know this--this information will be posted on every forum you sell on until you make right. It is obvious that all you care about is making money, your actions show this without any room for doubt.

Last we had heard, Minotaur had sent this PM:
from minotaur:
I have no answer. My hands are tied. I have no way of making good the one rack that is outstanding. Besides which, it is owed by a company that doesn't exist anymore. So seeing as you are quoting company law..you should know all about that. I spoke to Dan, who I might add was the one that set up the GB, and between us we recognised that we needed to make right the fact that now we have the ability to create a rack we could give him one. This is because he doesn't want his money back he wants a rack.

I cannot afford to manufacture the first batch of racks without deposits. So until I can advertise them then it would appear that Ahmed will lose out.

So at the moment, that is all I have to offer. Ahmed is fine with me setting up the GB, it is within his interest to do so. Yes I had a number of successful group buys here in the UK, but that is a closed forum, and has limited footfall. I am just about to set up another one for the heated windscreens I am about to make. So the only person who is preventing Ahmed from having his rack in a timely fashion is you. Sorry to be blunt, but I feel I am treading on egg shells at the moment, as I am not allowed to speak my mind in case I offend you...but you say whatever you like.

Well that is the position I am in. If you want to explain to ahmed that he could have his rack FOC if I could get to the position where I had a few more people to make this happen, then his would be coming his way. But I cant...my hands are tied.

I am going to leave this up to Dan to see what he wants to do now. I have made my position clear. nothing I can say makes the blindest bit of difference, and so I am going to leave it to him.
Up to this point, the closest we had gotten to getting this 4-year-long battle resolved was that point right there. He claimed to have the design finished, but demanded his GB threads be reopened or else he "could not do anything".

Just yesterday, on the "other forum", Minotaur posted this:

We have now completed our long awaited Steering rack. They truly are a marvel and are looking to take deposits for making the units.

The majority of components are made, and so it is just a case of bolting them together.

Although similar to the AtomicRex units, we have actually started with a clean sheet of paper and made them better.
The track rod arms are replaceable using a simple bolt on and off arm rather than the need to shim.
The bearings are stronger.
The unit is slightly lighter, and definitely lighter than the OE ones.

Both LHD and RHD are hard mounted to lower the unit.

The racks are quicker than the standard rack with a total travel of 2.4 turns lock to lock rather than 2.9.

We will hopefully be finishing off the PAS system very shortly to compliment the racks.

We are looking to take deposits. These will need to be made via PayPal. We would ask that the deposit is made in the conventional manner so that you have the confidence of the protection, but once the items are ready to ship we would ask that either you cover the fees or gift the payment. That way we can pass on a better price to you the end user.

The new racks are £750+VAT The VAT only applies to buyers within the EC So anyone outside Europe the rack will be just £750

We are offering a 10% discount for the first 50 units sold either in LHD or RHD
This brings the price to £675 outside Europe and £810 within Europe.

However we are also offering an introductory discount of 12.5% for the first 10, there are a few places left on that.

This brings the price to £656.25 outside Europe and £787.50 within Europe.

We require a deposit of £250 and then once we have at least 10 units I will make them, these will be shipped within 4-6 weeks from the point at which the first 10 are ordered. And providing the final amount is paid.

Shipping will be quoted at the point of ordering depending on where in the world you are. If you can group orders then this will save on shipping costs.

The deposit is fully refundable if we cannot meet the 4-6 week deadline
Yet another lie from Jon Reeves? Apparently so. He has had the ability all along to just provide the rack and make this right, and he's bullshitted everyone instead. Jon, sooner or later your actions are going to catch up to your business. Why dont you just end this BS fest and give this guy what he deserves?? You stand to gain nothing--in fact, you stand to lose a lot of business--by trying to lie your way through this.
rx7roller02 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-13, 11:53 AM
  #33  
Full Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 102
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
*******************************/rotary_forum/showthread.php?t=17875

He deleted my post where I was outraged seeing he is trying to sell racks behind my back... and threatened not to deliver me anything.
a_ahmed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-13, 12:00 PM
  #34  
Rare for a Reason
iTrader: (13)
 
Narfle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 5,126
Thanked 28 Times in 22 Posts
Everyone use their credit card to buy one and then we can sick the CC companies on him when he doesn't deliver.
Narfle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-13, 09:09 PM
  #35  
Full Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 102
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well aside from making me snap by doing this behind my back on another forum, and then THREATENING not to give me anything, I ******* got even more pissed and decided to create a bad guy thread on there to expose his ***.

He threatened me on facebook, threatened me by pm on rotary club... so you know what you want to play ******* hardball, you got it. I am not an *******, I have been MORE than patient, MORE than humble, more than enough giving him a second change moment of doubt... but after this **** no... you want to play hard, FINE!

I mean how stupid can he be? All he has to do to even get back his business here is to be MAN enough to stand up for his past mistakes, correct them FIRST and then after PROVING himself hey... be open back up to business then for everyone to see can he be a standup guy, giving him a second chance.. but NO, he has to act the way he has, sneaky, deceitful, snobby, please...

I also feel very pissed off that he is blaming the mods on here for making it 'hard' to deliver a rack to me... what do the mods on here have anything to do with HIS MISTAKES and what he owes ME!

He is just showing his greed and deceitful nature and nothing more. I just don't get it, can't he LEARN from his past mistakes? That's what people usually do and then they smarten up.

If anyone else has had bad experiences from here I strongly urge you to go to the rotary club forum and in the bad guy section reply so the mods and site owner on there are made aware. Until he is pressured enough to SMARTEN UP and learn that being an *******, a liar and greedy is not the way forward.
a_ahmed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-18, 08:06 AM
  #36  
Senior Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Brilliant7-LFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 700
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
So I may have had a bit of insomnia last night and was researching under car aero and came across an old thread where Atomic Rex said he was developing a flat floor for the FD. I started trying to find the company and see if they ever produced it but found it looked like they went under.

Then I found this gem of a thread and spent over an hour at 3 in the morning reading every single word! What an entertaining thread! Props to you for sticking it to this bastard Jon and props to the mod who wouldn’t back down and saw right through his bullshit. Incredible investigative work and diligence on his part.

I probably could have fallen asleep an hour sooner if I didn’t stumble on this thread though! Riveting stuff! lol

Nick
Brilliant7-LFC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-18, 08:34 AM
  #37  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sandhurst England UK
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Minotaur racing has ceased trading alsoCompany statusDissolvedDissolved on23 August 2016Company typePrivate limited Company
NOYZBOY100dB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-18, 08:40 AM
  #38  
Senior Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Brilliant7-LFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 700
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by NOYZBOY100dB View Post
Minotaur racing has ceased trading alsoCompany statusDissolvedDissolved on23 August 2016Company typePrivate limited Company
Man what a ******* con artist that guy is. Well, as they say on his side of the pond: “Good riddance to bad rubbish.” - Suck it Jon Reeves!

I guess it’s a four many army now? I’m not really sure how many... lol

Nick
Brilliant7-LFC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-18, 10:22 AM
  #39  
Full Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 102
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I still didn't get my money back... years later...
a_ahmed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-18, 11:33 AM
  #40  
Senior Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Brilliant7-LFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 700
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post
I still didn't get my money back... years later...
I’m up to hear that Ahmed, but I’m not surprised. I got screwed out of $1,000 when I was 19. I put money down for a set of wheels and the guy waltzed off with my money. Lesson learned.

From reading the entirety of the thread I can tell you’re someone who can definitely be classified as a “nice guy” - and that’s a very good thing. Unfortunately for guys like us, there are probably a dozen guys like Jon Reeves, grifters and crooks who will take from those who trust.

The truth is, you were screwed from the word go. I’m sorry it happened to you bud.

Nick
Brilliant7-LFC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-18, 11:35 AM
  #41  
Senior Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Brilliant7-LFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 700
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Typo in first sentence and can’t edit: “Sorry to hear that Ahmed...” is how it should have read.

Nick
Brilliant7-LFC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-18, 04:34 PM
  #42  
rotorhole
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: your mothers
Posts: 699
Thanked 65 Times in 62 Posts
you think people like this really disappear that easily? keep thinking that.
insightful is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jon from Atomic Rex I want my refund of money deposit and parts. Been waiting 2 years


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.