2nd Generation Specific (1986-1992) 1986-1992 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections.
Sponsored by:

bypassing fuel injector resistor box?

Old 07-21-07, 05:13 AM
  #1  
HOT DOGS! 8======D
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 173
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bypassing fuel injector resistor box?

what is the correct procedure of bypassing the injector resistor box? do i just unplug box and install high impedance injectors? please and thanks.
1.3mazda is offline  
Old 07-21-07, 07:46 AM
  #2  
HAILERS
10 Year Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: FORT WORTH, TEXAS,USA
Posts: 20,563
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Just cut the boxe's pigtail harness in two. Put the box on the shelf in the garage. Then solder all five of the leftover wires on the pigtail together. Cover with shrink tubing so it won't short out. Then connect the pigtails plug back on the harness and your through.
HAILERS is offline  
Old 07-21-07, 12:00 PM
  #3  
HOT DOGS! 8======D
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 173
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HAILERS View Post
Just cut the boxe's pigtail harness in two. Put the box on the shelf in the garage. Then solder all five of the leftover wires on the pigtail together. Cover with shrink tubing so it won't short out. Then connect the pigtails plug back on the harness and your through.
1) just cut the pig tail harness in two. okay i am assuming that the pigtail is refering to the pigatail on the injector resistor box side.

2)put on shelf. well okay thats easy enough, but its actually damaged so i'll just throw it away.

3)then solder all 5 wires leftover on the pigtail together. So am i actually just taking 5 cooper strands and twisting them together and then applying a little solder for a good connection? the heat shrink tubing is no problem i know what and how that works.

4) then connect the pigtails plug back on the harness. what exactly am i connecting here? the pigtail thats cut in to two?

sorry for being a layman. but just need it explained a little bit more throughly and i will be good to go. PLEASE AND THANX.
1.3mazda is offline  
Old 07-21-07, 12:36 PM
  #4  
rotorhead
iTrader: (3)
 
arghx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: cold
Posts: 15,633
Received 51 Likes on 51 Posts
most aftermarket injectors are low impedence. might as well leave the thing in.
arghx is offline  
Old 07-21-07, 12:54 PM
  #5  
HOT DOGS! 8======D
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 173
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by arghx View Post
most aftermarket injectors are low impedence. might as well leave the thing in.
well right now i have 4 550cc tii high impedance injectors sitting in my living room waiting to go in.........and the resistor box is broke like i posted above.
1.3mazda is offline  
Old 07-21-07, 02:49 PM
  #6  
HAILERS
10 Year Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: FORT WORTH, TEXAS,USA
Posts: 20,563
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 1.3mazda View Post
1) just cut the pig tail harness in two. okay i am assuming that the pigtail is refering to the pigatail on the injector resistor box side.

2)put on shelf. well okay thats easy enough, but its actually damaged so i'll just throw it away.

3)then solder all 5 wires leftover on the pigtail together. So am i actually just taking 5 cooper strands and twisting them together and then applying a little solder for a good connection? the heat shrink tubing is no problem i know what and how that works.

4) then connect the pigtails plug back on the harness. what exactly am i connecting here? the pigtail thats cut in to two?

sorry for being a layman. but just need it explained a little bit more throughly and i will be good to go. PLEASE AND THANX.

You got it right.

Four of the wires go to the injectors. One wire is hot and has 12vdc. Put them all together and now all four injectors are getting 12vdc and the ECU will pulse a ground on the OTHER wire of the injector to make it work. Done
HAILERS is offline  
Old 07-21-07, 03:23 PM
  #7  
HAILERS
10 Year Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: FORT WORTH, TEXAS,USA
Posts: 20,563
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
At the bottom of this thread: https://www.rx7club.com/forum/showth...enoid+resistor

One of the last posts I added a jpg of what I was talking about. I kinda cheated on this one. I just cut the wires and crimped all four wires together in a large splice. That said, I've a very good set of crimpers and no solder does not bother me as much as others.
HAILERS is offline  
Old 11-26-07, 07:02 PM
  #8  
HAILERS
10 Year Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: FORT WORTH, TEXAS,USA
Posts: 20,563
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Edit: Posted On A Old Thread By Mistake.

Last edited by HAILERS; 11-26-07 at 07:13 PM.
HAILERS is offline  
Old 09-22-16, 05:52 PM
  #9  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HAILERS View Post
You got it right.

Four of the wires go to the injectors. One wire is hot and has 12vdc. Put them all together and now all four injectors are getting 12vdc and the ECU will pulse a ground on the OTHER wire of the injector to make it work. Done
I have 6? Two that went to the box and the other 4. 88 t2
Corey McDaniel is offline  
Old 09-22-16, 06:05 PM
  #10  
Moderator
5 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: tulsa,ok.
Posts: 11,738
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Corey McDaniel View Post
I have 6? Two that went to the box and the other 4. 88 t2

Are you certain you are not looking at the fuel pump relay and resistor (has 6 wires), as opposed to the resistor box for the injectors. An 88 should not have the resistor box.


Post #2 in link has the pic:

https://www.rx7club.com/2nd-generati...r-pack-858942/

Last edited by satch; 09-22-16 at 06:14 PM.
satch is offline  
Old 09-23-16, 11:42 AM
  #11  
roTAR needz fundZ
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Freeland, MI
Posts: 2,663
Likes: 0
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by satch View Post
Are you certain you are not looking at the fuel pump relay and resistor (has 6 wires), as opposed to the resistor box for the injectors. An 88 should not have the resistor box.


Post #2 in link has the pic:

https://www.rx7club.com/2nd-generati...r-pack-858942/
^ this, if your wiring and everything is 88 OEM, you should already have HIGH IMP injectors
lduley is offline  
Old 03-23-17, 07:19 PM
  #12  
Can Post Only in New Member Section
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Maple hill
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I bypass my ejector resistor will my secondary injectors still work

I bypass my injector resistor and I secondary injectors are not working do I need to get injector resistor or something else wrong
Anthony Amiano is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
82streetracer
1st Generation Specific (1979-1985)
7
08-23-15 09:28 AM
86rxNa
2nd Generation Specific (1986-1992)
2
08-11-15 11:51 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: bypassing fuel injector resistor box?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: