SE RX-7 Forum Serving the Carolina's, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and Tennessee.
Sponsored by:

2006 Brits & Battleship Car Show in Wilmington, NC

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-06, 09:57 PM
Rotary Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Brits & Battleship Car Show in Wilmington, NC

The Raleigh Rotary Drive-In will be heading down to Wilmington on Saturday, 11/04 to enjoy a great drive and a phenominal display of some beautiful auto art. The British Motor Club of the Cape Fearwill be hosting the Brits and Battleship Car Show. If you love cars and enjoy seeing the cars that started the American love affair with the sports car genre then this is the car show for you.

All miata or MX5 owners should drive down to pay homage to the cars that inspired the miata design. Here is their website: http://www.bmccf.org/

Last edited by GTUser; 10-21-06 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-22-06, 07:57 AM
I8U
KONI Challenge Crew

I'll be registering for the car show, I hope other Japanese made cars decide the same well, atleast 3 others...cuz that's the only way the group can be condered for an award! Do we have an idea of when you guys are leaving fro Rawley? I most likely won't be heading up to the next drive0in but I will stay tuned here. I'll be meeting you guys back on I40 this year too. Registartion ends at 1130 so, if you guys don't plan on being there by then I guess I will just see you there. I can't believe this will mark my 1 year anniversary with the group...time sure does fly!
Old 10-24-06, 06:48 AM
I8U
KONI Challenge Crew

BUMP...

Post up if you plan on making it out for this one.
Old 10-24-06, 09:42 AM
The gimpy juggernaut

Yup, I'm in.
Old 10-24-06, 09:47 AM
The gimpy juggernaut

Originally Posted by I8U
I can't believe this will mark my 1 year anniversary with the group...time sure does fly!
One year huh. man, I don't even remember when I started coming to meets.
Old 10-24-06, 11:11 AM
It's only Rock and Roll

I do. I pulled in and everyone stared at me!!! I pulled through and parked in the other lot next to Ricks FD. Ever since this it's been downhill for the Turbo. Use to drive it maybe once every couple of months before I started coming to the meets. I've put more miles on it in the last couple of years than the first 5 I owned it! Well...if this meet wasn't on a Saturday looks like it would see some more hah!
Old 10-24-06, 11:37 AM
The gimpy juggernaut

Hahaha. I put a lot of miles on my car too due to meets and road tips and what not. Its ok though, she's meant to be driven! After going back and digging on the rx8club for a refresher haha I remember my first meet... was one of two 8's that day (me and Dale in the TI Grey Mazdaspeed kitted 8... never saw him again after that day...).
Old 10-24-06, 12:40 PM
Rotary Freak

Nic Happy Anniversary!

I remember going to Wilmington and passing you on I-40 that day. What a great day it was. Glad you decided to stick in there with us. You and Keri have been a great addition to the group. I'd say the same about Booby if he would come to the Drive-Ins.

I don't know what's happened to Beth and Doug this year. I was hoping that they'd have joined us for the Goldsboro drive but you got to remember they are getting on up there is age and can't keep up with the younger crowd like they used to.

Sorry about this being on Saturday for Greg but you'll be missed. I enjoyed seeing all the old, some 50+years old, restorations. My favorites were the Coopers and the Austin Healeys. Just hope the weather is a beautiful this year as it was last year.

Anyone with contacts over in the MSCCofNC and can post on their site please invite them to join us. I think they'd enjoy the drive and the show.
Old 10-24-06, 02:36 PM

I'll probably attend if I don't have any thing to tie me down here
Old 10-24-06, 03:32 PM
It's only Rock and Roll

Originally Posted by GTUser
Sorry about this being on Saturday for Greg but you'll be missed. I enjoyed seeing all the old, some 50+years old, restorations.
Hey I'm just a little over 50... don't think I need restoration.. yet.

My favorites were the Coopers and the Austin Healeys. Just hope the weather is a beautiful this year as it was last year.
Oh! Cars...whew.

Yeah wish I could go for the drive, the fun, the day off from work... hah.
Old 10-24-06, 03:35 PM
I Hate traction

I thought you meant brits doughnuts in CB!!!

NOW THATS WORTH IT!

j/k i'll prolly roll out.
Old 10-25-06, 04:36 PM
Rotary Freak

We will talk about it this weekend. I have to work on my daughter's SUV this weekend, changing out the front rotors and putting new pads on it. Also checking belts and trying to find an 02 sensor that keeps throwing an engine code. Will be at the Drvie-In but not sure what time. We can meet for breakfast at either Cracker Barrel in Morrisville or the one off I-40 at the Clayton-Garner exit, whichever is most convenient for everyone. Let us knowwhich you'd rather meet at.

Hey Doug, Hey Beth post up. We'd love for y'all to drive down if you feel up to it and the grand kids will let you get outa town. This trip will be on a Saturday so you'll have Sunday to rest up before going back to work. Booby is working on getting a milk carton print up for you guys. We're having trouble deciding if we should put you both on one or each of you should get their own. :0)
Old 10-30-06, 06:19 PM
Rotary Freak

OK, The car show is coming up this Saturday. Since no one has a preference on where to meet for breakfast I'll suggest that we meet at the Garner Cracker Barrel off of I-40. It'll be on the way for just about everyone that is going.

Directions are take I-40 South and get off at Exit 312 for Hwy 42. Look for the DB sign. Greg you are welcome to eat with us before you head out for work if you can make it. Eric, we'll pick you up where ever you get gas, just be sure to fill up some where.

So far we have:
Bert
Booby
Andy (maybe)
Nic & Keri?
Gary
and Kwman we'll see you at the USS NC Memorial . . .

Who else is going to join the caravan?

Last edited by GTUser; 10-30-06 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-30-06, 06:25 PM
I8U
KONI Challenge Crew

I believe Gary is going if I'm not mistaken.
Old 10-30-06, 06:31 PM
Rotary Freak

Thanks, I thought he had said something about going down. I added hm to the list. The weather is supposed to be sunny and in the high 50's to low 60"s. Looking forward to the drive. We just got to watch out for the NCHP. See you Saturday morning somewhere down I-40. I missed the last RRDI, how'd it go?
Old 10-30-06, 06:36 PM
I8U
KONI Challenge Crew

I missed it too! From what I gathered from Greg's post, it was pretty good. Now as far as the NCHP, all we have to remember is all travel at the same speed and not get caught checking out the other cars as we pass by...like that lady did last year and pulled over!
Old 11-01-06, 11:39 AM
Rotary Freak

Originally Posted by I8U
I missed it too! From what I gathered from Greg's post, it was pretty good. Now as far as the NCHP, all we have to remember is all travel at the same speed and not get caught checking out the other cars as we pass by...like that lady did last year and pulled over!
That mean we all got to try and keep up with you?
Old 11-01-06, 01:11 PM

All,

I got something I have to do with my wife this weekend so I have to miss this event.
I did made to the drive in last Saturday.
Old 11-01-06, 08:23 PM
The gimpy juggernaut

NCHP

Sorry you can't make it Andy. We'll be sure to take many photo's for you.

The meet was pretty good this past weekend. I must admit, i was a traitor and came in a piston powered vehicle... too lazy to go home and get the rotors so rode with the woman to the meet.
Old 11-02-06, 02:06 PM
Rotary Freak

Final Plans For Saturday's Caravan.

Based on what I just read on the Saturday's in Raleigh thread, several drivers will be meeting at the Smithfield Cracker Barrel for breakfast. So unless someone has a problem finding that CB then we can plan on meeting there for breakfast at 8:00 am. The restaurant is in the outlet mall area, facing I-95. We'll take Hwy 70 south from Raleigh to Smithfield, just be sure to take the 70 Business route thru town and out toward I-95 then turn left onto Industrial Drive and that will take you to the CB. We'll eat together and then head down I-95 to the I-40 intersection and on down to Wilmington.

The show will end with the award of the Best of Show trophy around 3:30 or so and we can head back home.
Old 11-02-06, 03:50 PM
It's only Rock and Roll

If I don't stay out to late racing karts Friday night I'll meet you guys for breakfast.
Old 11-02-06, 04:42 PM
Call me "Snake"

Hey, I'm in, too.
Just don't laugh at my rat rod FB . . . it's a work in progress.
Old 11-02-06, 04:55 PM
and the furious

i want to meet with the convoy when it gets down toward fayetteville, about what time do you tink you will pass through, or should i just send someone my cell?

i wish my 7 was working, im having problems with the clutch hydros and the rear pads are gone, so im stuck with my other car till the parts come in.. at least its a mazda... and rear wheel drive.
Old 11-02-06, 10:31 PM
The gimpy juggernaut

Originally Posted by The fast
i want to meet with the convoy when it gets down toward fayetteville, about what time do you tink you will pass through, or should i just send someone my cell?

i wish my 7 was working, im having problems with the clutch hydros and the rear pads are gone, so im stuck with my other car till the parts come in.. at least its a mazda... and rear wheel drive.
If you're coming out of fayetteville you should get up with Eric (Speedjunkie). He's coming out of the same area and will be meeting us a the 70/40 interchange with some other guys from fayetteville. Don't really know what time though.
Old 11-03-06, 08:29 AM
Rotary Freak

Originally Posted by Turbo II
If I don't stay out to late racing karts Friday night I'll meet you guys for breakfast.
Yeah, I'll be spending tonight cleaning up the GTU for the trip down. The weather is gonna be perfect for a long drive in a sweet car. But she needs a good interior cleaning. Just so you'll know we changed breakfast from the Clayton exit to the CB in Smithfield so that we can get on 95 and hit I-40 just a ways below Smithfield. We'll be looking for you if you can make it, this time at least it'll be light by the time we meet at 8:00.

Quick Reply: 2006 Brits & Battleship Car Show in Wilmington, NC