2nd Generation Specific (1986-1992) 1986-1992 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections.
Sponsored by:

Pictures of my new baby - 1991 'vert. May not be 56k Friendly.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-03, 11:24 PM
brap brap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pictures of my new baby - 1991 'vert. May not be 56k Friendly.

Got the car last friday night. Runs smooth, very nice. The car only has about 82, 690 or so miles on her. In great shape.

Wierd thing I have is that it's stock all the way through, and it's louder than the GXL. I'm not understanding all too well.

Well, here are the pictures, I have a few more coming to me tomorrow that are on my other buddies digital. I thank FBDrifter for taking the pictures

First off:

Icy Hot Stuntaz! haha, no really. He thought it'd be a bit funny to do a umm photoshop picture whatever and make a joke about it. So yeah.

Ok, Night time pictures - we took ALOT but had to delete some of them due to the quality and all. Oh well

Old 10-22-03, 11:25 PM
brap brap

Of course I hadn't forgotten the daytime pictures!

***:

A small view of FBDrifter's FB in the picture:

Another view of his car:

lips:

Old 10-22-03, 11:26 PM
brap brap

Top down:

Old 10-22-03, 11:26 PM
Rotary Enthusiast

NICE! I WISH I HAD A PAINT JOB !@
Old 10-22-03, 11:27 PM
brap brap

And it's NOT what you're thinking. I was fixing my pants!:

Ok. So ... no radio at the time.... hehe. Still really no radio, but a friend's... The back speakers work (down behind the passanger and driver's seat), but we're still working on the wiring. I'll be getting real speakers and crap later:

Hey! The FB is in the picture again....:

The "regular" picture without it being "hot stuntaz" crap. :

and last one:

Now.. my small review for now:

I love the car. I have really no complaints. The only complaint I have at the moment is since today, when you close the passanger side door, it'll shut, BUT ... it acts sometimes as if it isn't closed, and the "door" light will come on the dash, and lights will flicker on.

Overall, the car runs smooth. It appears to be faster than the coupe GXL, but both are still just as nice. It is louder than a stock 2nd gen n/a as well. I'm not understand why it would be louder than the GXL.

Yes, for those of you who might ask about the turbo II hood.. it's there for more air purposes, not to pretend to have a turbo.

About the paint job: It's a $2000 job from a guy in ATL, GA. He used to paint ferraris.. it was nice Very well done.

Ok, that's all for now, enjoy

Last edited by christi; 10-22-03 at 11:29 PM.
Old 10-22-03, 11:39 PM

Cant wait to drive her.

Scott
Old 10-22-03, 11:43 PM
Persona non grata

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
You know we have a photo gallery here, so you don't have to use that cardomain crap ...

www.rx7club.com/photo
Old 10-22-03, 11:44 PM

Congratulations! Very nice
Old 10-22-03, 11:47 PM
brap brap

Originally posted by BOOSTD 7
You know we have a photo gallery here, so you don't have to use that cardomain crap ...

www.rx7club.com/photo
Oh heck. Took me 10 mins, then another 15 mins to post this, I even forgot about your gallery. Thanks for reminding me.. I'll use that soon
Old 10-23-03, 12:12 AM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats, Christi. Welcome to the vert owners club (see sig). FWIW, a vert will seem louder to you than a coupe, because you have about 1/32" of convertible top material plus a little insulation between you and the open road, versus a coupe with about 1/4" of glass or metal/reinforcements. With teh top down, it seems like you really get to hear the exhaust like people outside the car do, so it seems real loud.

What is the fate of teh GXL now? Did you decide not to have me build a motor for it? BTW, if the vert seems faster than your old s4 coupe, that was a sick coupe. s4's are known to be lighter than s5's, and coupes are known to be lighter than verts, and you made a big jump there, only to say it is faster. In reality, it takes a lot to make a vert fast. Mine is about 240hp modified turbo and still isnt any faster than a lightly modded t2...
Old 10-23-03, 12:18 AM
brap brap

Originally posted by hypntyz7
Congrats, Christi. Welcome to the vert owners club (see sig). FWIW, a vert will seem louder to you than a coupe, because you have about 1/32" of convertible top material plus a little insulation between you and the open road, versus a coupe with about 1/4" of glass or metal/reinforcements. With teh top down, it seems like you really get to hear the exhaust like people outside the car do, so it seems real loud.

What is the fate of teh GXL now? Did you decide not to have me build a motor for it? BTW, if the vert seems faster than your old s4 coupe, that was a sick coupe. s4's are known to be lighter than s5's, and coupes are known to be lighter than verts, and you made a big jump there, only to say it is faster. In reality, it takes a lot to make a vert fast. Mine is about 240hp modified turbo and still isnt any faster than a lightly modded t2...
That's what I thought. But I still think it's louder than stock. From a friend's point of view, when he heard the GXL from outside of the car and now the vert, he still says it's louder. I just found that wierd

I'm not sure about the GXL. My dad is a bit unsure as well. He'll be the one paying for the rebuild if I end up getting one - unless I can fork out $1000.

Yeah. The throttle response and everything seems helluva quicker than the coupe. Funny thing also: Everyone says that a convertible is heavier than the coupe right? Well, one of my buddies can push it with his knee, and it'll roll like that but with the GXL you had to like... literally put your entire weight on the car

Anyway, thanks everyone for the compliments
Old 10-23-03, 12:22 AM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

Christi,

A good friend of mine in INDY has a good running s4 NA motor for sale, complete. He said it has low miles and is still in the car, can be started and driven, pulls well. I can put you in contact with him if you'd like. I have purchased engines from him in the past, he is very straightforward and nice to deal with. The engine is complete with everything ready to drop in. I dont know his exact price, but it should be in the $3-500 range I would say. PM me for his info, if you're interested. HE asked me if I knew anyone who might want it, and I said no, but I just now thought of you.
Old 10-23-03, 12:38 AM
brap brap

Question:

Is the front of the car stock or is that a body kit? It just doesn't look stock to me.

Kevin - I'll let you know in a few days about the information on him.
Old 10-23-03, 12:46 AM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

Looks stock enough to me. Thats a regular s5 front, with stock fogs. All convertibles, turbos and GXLs from 89-91 had those fogs.
Old 10-23-03, 12:48 AM
I wish I was driving!

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts
GS did as well.
Old 10-23-03, 12:54 AM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

GS?? WTF is a gs?
Old 10-23-03, 12:56 AM
Zoom Zoom Boooom

Very nice looking vert!! Good find. Now lets see some engine pix

- Dana "S5's rule the world "
Old 10-23-03, 01:48 AM

More of same?

What is the vertible market like in Flordia?
I have a 91 from Pensacola and will be moving to St. Pete. Rebuilt engine, new leather "orig" seats [might bring them along!]
$2000 to ship from Hawaii.
Think better to sell here and buy there?
Old 10-23-03, 01:49 AM
I wish I was driving!

GS?? WTF is a gs?
CDN Base model S5.
Old 10-23-03, 01:56 AM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

Why would a base model have factory foglights??
Old 10-23-03, 02:00 AM
I wish I was driving!

Why would a base model have factory foglights??
B/c Canadian cars must have daytime running lights, mandated in 1990. You have to have lights on when the car is running... and with pop-ups, this is a problem. So, they put in fog lights, and lit them up all the time.
Flicking the fog light switch does nothing, unless the headlights are already up.
Old 10-23-03, 04:14 AM

Nice car, I really like the verts but they are the slowest of all the Rx-7's due to thier weight. However they are great crusiers.
Old 10-23-03, 04:40 AM

is that why the front turn signals appear to be orange, instead of white (for s5)?..the canada thing?..regardless..im pretty jealous..your vert looks just like mine..but better!! really big congrats on that vert..i dont have to wish happiness cuz i know that it comes stock with the verts!! anytime you feel down..just get in your vert..drop the top and enjoy floridas climate!! welcome to the club!!

ps.. your car( in case i didnt make it clear enough the first time) is f- ing baddass

much respect!! its beautiful..and you standing next to it as a woman just makes it a better looking package!!

if you get the chance post more pics of your seats and interior..etc..us vert owners like to see a nice looking vert that is well kept!! cuz most of us have really nice looking verts with "project type interiors"
Old 10-23-03, 04:54 AM
Lava Surfer

very nice grab christi . i wouldn't mind getting a vert to go along with the t2 i'll get some day heheh.
Old 10-23-03, 05:23 AM
I'm a boost creep...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by dolemite85
I really like the verts but they are the slowest of all the Rx-7's due to thier weight.
Not mine...

Nice car Christi.

Quick Reply: Pictures of my new baby - 1991 'vert. May not be 56k Friendly.