Interior / Exterior / Audio Talk about interior and exterior mods including audio.

Input on Ebay Bride GIAS Seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-08, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Input on Ebay Bride GIAS Seats

First of all, I personally believe that these seats can not be compared to the original Bride seats that are manufactured in Japan.

However, for sake of argument/discussion, I would like see what your guys' thoughts on this are.

If you have any experience with it, first hand or second hand info, please go ahead and state it.

What prompt me to create this thread, was due to this other one, that was posted on a BMW forum:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=973902
Old 04-07-08, 09:21 PM
Jon

damn i really like those seats IMO i dont have them or anything , but they would look really good in my car lol
Old 04-26-08, 01:17 PM

Sorry but the Bride of Taiwan IS NOT THE REAL BRIDE SEAT COMPANY! If ***** can't afford a REAL F'ing BRIDE SEATS from BRIDE OF JAPAN then don't rock them at all! Don't be a poser! Whats worse is the fakes still cost $500 bucks haha that is sad, still have to fork out $500 to represent fake, loser wanna bee real bride seats! EVEN worse is that when dum ceits buy those fakes, their are helping and promoting the prospect of ***** bags out to make a buck off someone else's designs! Its a fact that if no one bought FAKES then there wouldn't BE A MARKET FOR FAKES! When people buy fakes, they just continue the idea that copying and reselling is okay, well not only is it not OKAY, its GAY! So I say congrats to those representing GAY's! Bride of Japan has R&D'ed 1000's of man hours to perfect their OWNED IN HOUSE DESIGNED seats, and freaking losers copy them the first legal chance they get. I feel absolutly sorry for the ONLY real Bride company out there.....Bride of Japan.

Bride of Taiwan ONLY is able to make those seats literally because Bride of Japan's patient had expired, when for whatever reason they did not reinstate it ASAP all kinds of fools took the design and copied it and are selling them legally as brides. BUT and this is a big BUTT, the only seat from BRIDE I KNOW TO BE 100% real and authentic ARE THE SEATS FROM JAPAN, Only a Bride seat from TEE's IN JAPAN are 100% legit all others are fakes and posers!........

Heres another clue, bride of Japan just release special "BRIDE JAPAN" seats as limited editions, to FURTHER prove this point to the public. But fools, and especially cheap fools like those kids playing around with the GB on FAKE Bride seats http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ighlight=bride can't comprehend this, you are NOT sposed to be getting a DEAL on REAL bride seats, thats the point! If you want a deal buy torino's rofl and GTF outta here. I hate that fools think Bride of Taiwan is legit! Next thing you know Bride of Canada will be thought of as real too. Ceit I could have bought the patient rights myself and made Bride of Orange County.

I have a real bride sport mesh seat from the 1980's (like the recaro mesh for my prius)
a real bride first generation brix (black)
a real gias carbon kevlar backing seat (black)
-the brix and the gias for my Grand National And I bought all 3 of them from JAPAN!

I didn't work my *** off @ work to buy fakes, BUY BRIDE SEATS ONLY FROM JAPAN OR ONLY THROUGH THE AUTHORIZED DEALERS! Just remember folks, if the deal sounds to good to be true, well guess what Mother Trucker! This taiwan cheap parts and china cheap parts copying is getting way out of control. I feel bad for companies such as Bride or Riken who get copied so much it eventually drives them out of business! Bride better not close off its factory in Japan, but everytime some LOSER buys a fake it contributes to Bride of Japan's DEATH!

GL to the only real source for REAL bride seats, BRIDE OF JAPAN!

XxDarkSidexX (drunk but still pissed enough to type)
Old 04-26-08, 02:33 PM
Shooting for 500

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
That sucks that people are scamming them. Does anyone have a pair installed in a fc? I've been looking at Bride's b/c of their "low max" setup, but wonder how they fit in the fc.
Old 04-28-08, 03:52 PM

We had a long discussion about this over on zilvia, if you want to read more about it.

https://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=746158
Old 04-29-08, 11:51 PM
bow leggin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I agree with darkside....I'm tired of everyone being as cheap as possible about everything.
Old 04-30-08, 01:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
If their is one thing you DONT want to cheap out on, it is your safety. I would much rather know that if I get in an accident my seat will perform accordingly. I think your life is worth the extra $1000.
Old 04-30-08, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Don Nguyen
We had a long discussion about this over on zilvia, if you want to read more about it.

https://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=746158
Wrong link? Or am I tripping.

What do the nissan ladies have to say about all this I am curious?

XxDarkSidexX
Old 04-30-08, 11:12 AM
Eats, Sleeps, Dreams Rotary

Received 1,423 Likes on 736 Posts
**** Bride seats anyway. Get a set of actual Recaros and they might even last a few years.
Old 05-01-08, 10:52 AM

Sorry, here is the correct link:

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=186065
Old 05-01-08, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Natey
**** Bride seats anyway. Get a set of actual Recaros and they might even last a few years.
yea the only seat from recaro i will EVER buy is a BABY SEAT! young sport looks nice.

but saying **** bride seats.....who says that, and wtF are you basing that off of? Brides are sick, look sicker, and fit the sickest! I worked hard and saved for months when I bought my real bride seats. And thats the point, in my earlier post. There is not sposed to be a deal for brides, their not cheap but their fit and finish is top notch. I have never sat in a recaro that is more shaped to fit and comfortable then my brides. First time in awhile I've heard someone say **** brides, and but the last person who even mentioned this was a young child with no career and no money and a mickey mouse set up on his car, he didn't even do his own work NOT EVEN FOR BOLT ONS haha. Just dont be that kind of guy or girl.

I have had my bride mesh seat for over 12 years, still no rips and it did fade but i re dyed it and scotch guarded it.
http://image57.webshots.com/657/0/49...6Orhpdq_fs.jpg Anyone old enough to remember when bride had a rubber sewed in BRIDE LOGO?
I have had my bride brix gen I black for over 4 years and it did fade, but I re dyed it and scotch guarded it and no more fadding
I have had my gias for less then a year and no fadded yet.

BTW its not the brand name that protects a seat from fadding or wearing thin or ripping!

Cheers to a vodka morning; 686 clothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
XxDarkSidexX
Old 05-01-08, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by XxDarkSidexX
yea the only seat from recaro i will EVER buy is a BABY SEAT! young sport looks nice.

but saying **** bride seats.....who says that, and wtF are you basing that off of? Brides are sick, look sicker, and fit the sickest! I worked hard and saved for months when I bought my real bride seats. And thats the point, in my earlier post. There is not sposed to be a deal for brides, their not cheap but their fit and finish is top notch. I have never sat in a recaro that is more shaped to fit and comfortable then my brides. First time in awhile I've heard someone say **** brides, and but the last person who even mentioned this was a young child with no career and no money and a mickey mouse set up on his car, he didn't even do his own work NOT EVEN FOR BOLT ONS haha. Just dont be that kind of guy or girl.

I have had my bride mesh seat for over 12 years, still no rips and it did fade but i re dyed it and scotch guarded it.
http://image57.webshots.com/657/0/49...6Orhpdq_fs.jpg Anyone old enough to remember when bride had a rubber sewed in BRIDE LOGO?
I have had my bride brix gen I black for over 4 years and it did fade, but I re dyed it and scotch guarded it and no more fadding
I have had my gias for less then a year and no fadded yet.

BTW its not the brand name that protects a seat from fadding or wearing thin or ripping!

Cheers to a vodka morning; 686 clothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
XxDarkSidexX

-I'm basing that off of the fact that Brides are made in China now, and Recaros come in the highest-end Mazda road car ever produced...Not to mention Porsches, Ferraris etc.

-I've done all the work on all of my Mazdas for over ten years, including the supercharger install on my Miata, dual oil coolers on my FD and a LOT more for my Protege5. How about you?

No, it's not a brand name that protects a seat, it's quality materials and craftsmanship, which isn't exactly synonymous with Chinese made car parts. To Each, His Own, and I personally never liked Bride seats. I've just seen too many beat up, faded ones to be impressed by the name BRIDE on the seat. heh, the holding monster is pretty cool, though.

Also, I have a wife and family and I make plenty of money to modify my cars, so please don't jump to conclusions about me or my life because of my choice in car seats.
For everybody that says "OMG buy part A! It's the best you can get!" There will always be another guy that likes part B better. No reason to get your panties in a bunch.
Old 05-02-08, 11:40 AM

Damn, seems like everybody over here just wants to bash on whatever they can get their hands on. This was suppose to be a discussion, not a bashing contest.

Opinions are opinions, not everyone is going to have the same one as you.

If everyone though Bride was the best seat in the world, all other seat manufacturers would be out of business, and vice versa for Recaro/etc.
Old 05-02-08, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Don Nguyen
Damn, seems like everybody over here just wants to bash on whatever they can get their hands on. This was suppose to be a discussion, not a bashing contest.

Opinions are opinions, not everyone is going to have the same one as you.

If everyone though Bride was the best seat in the world, all other seat manufacturers would be out of business, and vice versa for Recaro/etc.
X2

yea well I go a little further then installing bolt on's thats for sure, so ill just stop now superchargers and oil coolers popped off in High School heh. I enjoy welding more then engine work, and am replacing push rods and lifters as your reading this on my GN. But Don is right, this is just a discussion.

recaros are only in all those mentioned cars because they marketed to those car companies and negociated a contract for $. Bride never sells out to a stock manufactoring company, you will never see a bride seat in a stock car Thank God for that too, I'd hurt myself if brides were as beat as recaros in the marketing world. Both seats are nice though, both seats get the job done. But I do have to say again I haven't sat in a seat that feels better or more comfortable then my birx or my gias. Recaro's are still very nice seats though no dought!

just received an email from the ***** bags selling those ebay $800 seats, as if we didn't know already their copies, and he personally admits to not caring about copying bride parts for a profit, how nice.

DS
Old 05-02-08, 04:49 PM

I didn't mean to get anyone all eggy, I just have a different opinion on seats. Mine are plain ol' stock FD seats, for the record, and kinda beat-up to boot. I'm definitely not pushing on Recaros on anyone, I just believe that they, for one, make higher quality seats than Bride.

Plus, after Darkside guy's 1st two posts in this thread, SOMEONE had to say something. "Nissan ladies", "Losers", "Posers", etc.

Congrats on the push rods and lifters, though.
Old 05-05-08, 06:16 PM

i have had both recaro and bride seats and i found theat the recaro seats are more durable than bride seats to some extent. both sets of bride seats faded bad on me. also the fabric pulled out where the top harness straps go. if I was to buy another set of seats it would prob be recaros.
Old 05-05-08, 07:41 PM
Original Gangster/Rotary!

Received 538 Likes on 325 Posts
My Spirit R Recaro's have held up very well thus far (over one year), and they're surprisingly comfortable, even during the ~1700 mile round trip DGRR event
Old 05-05-08, 08:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GoodfellaFD3S
My Spirit R Recaro's have held up very well thus far (over one year), and they're surprisingly comfortable, even during the ~1700 mile round trip DGRR event
Want to "loan" me $3000 for a set? I think the spirit r recaro's are the ideal set of seats for the fd, period.
Old 05-05-08, 08:59 PM
John Dillinger

low max Gias are the ideal set of seats for fd also.
Old 05-11-08, 04:25 PM

Hmm...that Zilvia thread was really informative...

But then is it even worth it to buy Bride seats here in the US? Since all of them go through tees-usa and now they're supposedly all outsourced to China...
I remember sitting in a Zeta III and I was very impressed - very snug, comfortable, and supportive feel. Of course, the Zeta III is still FIA certified, but I wonder how much different the new Chinese seats must feel compared to the Japanese seats, especially since it wasn't really until recently that I started seeing FIA certified Bride seats...

Maybe Recaros are the way to go now, lol.
Old 05-28-08, 08:24 PM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

Are the ones available threw Tee's the same quality as the originals? If they are out sourced by Bride, would they not still have Bride Q.A. approval and be FIA certified?
Old 06-06-08, 12:48 AM
Rotary Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Brides are ******* overpriced in the states. They are nice, but they aren't worth that much money, IMO. They are much, much cheaper in Japan.
Old 06-06-08, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do know of a rumor about Tees USA screwing Bride out of their name brand. From what I understand the owners of Bride in Japan didnt do a great job protecting their name brand and now Tees took it. Maybe this applies to the Bride name in the US, maybe thats why Tees is "outsourcing" them since the Real Bride wont sell to them anymore? I also have heard Bride is going to change its name so it can sell in the US. This is coming from somewhat reputable source who is working with Bride in Japan to come up with a good name.