2nd Generation Specific (1986-1992) 1986-1992 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections.
Sponsored by:

T2 having cruising speed boggs...help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-01, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T2 having cruising speed boggs...help!

i have an 87 T2 and i just got tons of intake work done so it would idle. i had a large leak from blown o-rings and a bad gasket. one of the o-rings on the lower injectors was also torn...so i had a substantial leak. now i'll be out and about just driving and the damn car will decide to buck and act like its gonna stall. BUT when i bump her to Nuetral she idles right at a grand...doesn't waiver. when i try to bring the engine back up to speed to accel to cruising speeds it'll buck and jump and act gay again... put it in nuetral idles fine but won't rev... then all the sudden she'll rev right up and then drive normal. she'll scream to 100+mph in no time. then a few miles later it'll start acting shitty again..

i personaly haven't gotten to drive my car yet...cause i'm at school. this is what my father has told me while he's driving it. here's what i'm thinkin... bad ground somewhere, or fuel pump is dieing...

i have a good BAC that i need to install... but i wasn't going to cause the old one seems to be fine now that its sealed up good. would the BAC have anything to do with this?

i think its the secondaries trying to phase in cause it seems to be happening around 60-70mph in 5th... i dunno the RPM's exactly but i know that its in that range..

SO...what do you guys think??? i need help with this soon cause i want to bring my baby up to school with me. but i'm not gonna **** with making a 180 mile trip if she's acting up.

thanks for any suggestions ahead of time.