1st Generation Specific (1979-1985) 1979-1985 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections

Headlight KIT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-01, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlight KIT?

I have been seeing these REALLY awesome (drool) headlight conversion kits lately.... u know.... the ones that convert the old skool single light to the fast looking dual ones.

DOES ANYONE know where to get them? I don't care about the price... I JUST WANT THEM!!! Also, I forgot who was selling the clear turning signal lenses... but I want some of those too!

PLEASE TELL ME.....

Thanks guys!
Old 10-04-01, 08:46 PM
Right near Malloy

Received 512 Likes on 347 Posts
Thumbs up

BadAssRX-7 is preparing to sell sets, but they're $400 or close, I believe.

They do look very nice though.
Old 10-05-01, 05:48 AM
EliteHardcoreCannuckSquad

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, when is he gonna get those done anyways?
Old 10-05-01, 10:34 AM
RicanRider

Re: Headlight KIT?

If you are interested in the clear lenses check my website:
http://www.rotaryrx7.com

I should have them in by Mid October...

Originally posted by jeremyriv
I have been seeing these REALLY awesome (drool) headlight conversion kits lately.... u know.... the ones that convert the old skool single light to the fast looking dual ones.

DOES ANYONE know where to get them? I don't care about the price... I JUST WANT THEM!!! Also, I forgot who was selling the clear turning signal lenses... but I want some of those too!

PLEASE TELL ME.....

Thanks guys!
Old 10-05-01, 12:30 PM
The AUTO DOCTOR

what a bitch

I know I know, hurry up. well working a real job and trying to get the light kits done is a BITCH, but works slowing so the lights are comming. We are still looking into a few things..... like how to make then "durable", i want to put the rino lining stuff on them, my buddie wants to black oxide them. but the kits frame work and linkage work is DONE so its just the little stuff thats holding us back now.
Old 10-05-01, 02:05 PM

i was going to try converting my lights to twin round bulbs. whatever kind i have no idea. are you guys talking HID or projection or just some little halogen bulbs. (ok, i dont really know what HID or projection lights mean, so anyone that can explain it to me i'd be grateful) oh i have an 88 tII.

do you have any pictures or can you describe what you have done so far for the kit?

-Tommy
helios@kc.rr.com
Old 10-05-01, 05:40 PM
The AUTO DOCTOR

hid.... high intensaty discharge... the bright blue lights on euro cars....around $700-$1000 a set.
projection....small round fog lights, they shoot long range beams

the kits will have h3(halogen) bulbs and will have 1 wide angle and 1 projection light in each kit
Old 10-05-01, 11:08 PM
EliteHardcoreCannuckSquad

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
HID are arc xenon lamps like the floodlights at your local baseball or footbal stadium. They put out a LOT more light then any kind halogen light.

Read this for tons of info on headlights. Also, the guy who runs this store is great. E-mail him for anything you need.

BadAssRX-7
Yeah, life a PITA sometimes. Seriously tho, any word on an aproximate release date? Or a final price?

Also, any info on the reflectors? I kinda wanna know what kind of beam patern I'm looking at. Hell, I may even want to change the refelctos on mine and get some E-Codes installed. How hard would it be to change them?
Old 02-12-04, 02:53 AM
Rotary Powered Boobies

BUMP

BadAssRX7................I see your online. Did you ever finish the lights?

Thank's

Luis
Old 02-12-04, 03:15 AM
The AUTO DOCTOR

i have the working prototype done and i have found good lights for the kit. when i get some time ill order the lights and set up the kit so you all can see what it looks like with the new lights. Ive just been so dam buzy working that i havent messed with the kit in a while.... and cuz i know what people will say when i list the price.... the lights alone are over 360$ plus the light buckets, wires, relays, plugs so its a plug and play deal.
Old 02-12-04, 08:44 AM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

www.cpracing.ca
Old 12-09-04, 10:57 AM
Low Budget Modder

^bump^

Whatever happened to this
Old 12-09-04, 07:34 PM
Right near Malloy

Received 512 Likes on 347 Posts
Originally Posted by Jbar3987
^bump^

Whatever happened to this
Nothing AFAIK...

The Mindstorm or Brain Storm or some damn thing (Coupound word or two words. 1st word has something to do with the dome piece... 2nd word has something to do with storms or rain or wind or something like that.)

Anyhow, that company makes a kit for the Miata which with some minor mods fits easily into the 7...

Problem with that is that the Miata guys don't seem to think it has a good beam pattern...

There's something to be said for looking good, but there's MUCH more to be said for functionality.
Old 12-09-04, 08:17 PM
FB+FC=F-ME

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I tried the BS popup kit a while ago.They have very bad output.The bulbs are just little H4 foglight bulbs.The MTM flush kit I have now was no better,using the same bulbs in a rectangular housing.Best thing to do, is get the type of kit you want,and upgrade to HID or a street legal projector pod like I did.
I used Hella 90MM pods from here.It takes a larger H9 bulb and is availible as HID.....
http://www.rallylights.com/hella/headlamps.htm
Old 12-09-04, 08:31 PM

Well this headlight conversion kit be part of the regular headlight assembly (the headlights flipping up and down?) or will it be like the new conversion that eliminates the need of the original headlight assembly?
Old 12-10-04, 07:35 AM
Low Budget Modder

Originally Posted by steve84GS TII
I tried the BS popup kit a while ago.They have very bad output.The bulbs are just little H4 foglight bulbs.The MTM flush kit I have now was no better,using the same bulbs in a rectangular housing.Best thing to do, is get the type of kit you want,and upgrade to HID or a street legal projector pod like I did.
I used Hella 90MM pods from here.It takes a larger H9 bulb and is availible as HID.....
http://www.rallylights.com/hella/headlamps.htm
Would those pods fit in the popup kit housing?

If so, that would make the popup kit have more lighting ability, correct? (I know near nothing about headlights... )
Old 12-10-04, 01:09 PM
FB+FC=F-ME

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Id say,yes they probably would.The pods are pretty deep,but much smaller diameter than the stockers.The overall dimensions are there at that link.