3rd Generation Specific (1993-2002) 1993-2002 Discussion including performance modifications and Technical Support Sections.
Sponsored by:

Western Roll Cage Help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-17, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Western Roll Cage Help.

I need a Roll cage for my FD3S to road race etc etc. I have been looking into the "Auto Power" cages but am wondering about shipping to Canada, especially with the way the dollar is. Where is the best place to buy a cage for western Canada or does anyone know good Fab shops in Alberta as I cannot find anyone either.
Old 04-23-17, 10:43 AM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
I have found that custom spec. cages/bars/etc. by a cage fabricator/speed shop can be just as cheap (if not, cheaper) than one of these "some assembly required" online ordered contraptions. YMMV, but you still have to weld this thing into your car. If that's something you can do, fine, but I'm betting you will still have to pay someone to weld the base points in anyway.
So, by the time you tally all you've spent for an "off-the-shelf" cage, shipping (yikes), and base welding, you probably would come out ahead if you have just called a few speed shops and body shops and get quotes. The closer you are to a track, the easier those types of places are to find. Good luck!
Old 04-23-17, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by quichedem
I have found that custom spec. cages/bars/etc. by a cage fabricator/speed shop can be just as cheap (if not, cheaper) than one of these "some assembly required" online ordered contraptions. YMMV, but you still have to weld this thing into your car. If that's something you can do, fine, but I'm betting you will still have to pay someone to weld the base points in anyway.
So, by the time you tally all you've spent for an "off-the-shelf" cage, shipping (yikes), and base welding, you probably would come out ahead if you have just called a few speed shops and body shops and get quotes. The closer you are to a track, the easier those types of places are to find. Good luck!
I have a welder (my cousin) who will do it for free to help me out. But he cannot custom fab the cage due to not having a tube bender... shipping is definantly the killer.