Racing Kills Lounge The RX-7 Club and IB in no way supports or endorses illegal street racing in any way, shape or form, and highly recommends against any illegal activities.

Rx-7 10th AE -VS- Camaro SS

Old 03-31-11, 03:33 PM
  #1  
IFO Forced Induction Slo
10 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
bigdv519's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,315
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rx-7 10th AE -VS- Camaro SS

I havent posted in a while so hopefully this will get me back in the mood.

This race happened a couple years ago. The camaro guy has a big mouth as is notorious for claiming wins that never happen, jumping on the second honk (which he does in these vids), and basically being a jerk.

My 10th AE
-BNR Stage 4 13psi
-Greddy R-Spec Intercooler
-ACT Clutch/Flywheel
-890cc Prims, 1680cc Secs
-APexi Power FC
-18" Rims
-2525lbs wet without me (240lbs at the time, plus 150lb passenger)
-Tuned at rx7.com
-12.1 @ 116

Camaro
-All stock except for a lid (some kind of intake mod) according to driver...

but found this online...

"...but its an 01 SS with longtubes, 3 '' ypipe, borla catback, SLP lid, SLP 85mm Maf, ported TB, MTI stealth cam with a GForce tune on 315 DR's..." - Camaro Driver

Also

"...I was happy to hit a [email protected] with a 1.91 M6 car too..." - Camaro Driver

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZZUOz0mw-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MBg9WfQWDM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFc3TVgBmMI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz3uw_fdny4



He claimed he beat me everytime because theres no need to go "Nascar" on the freeway.
bigdv519 is offline  
Old 03-31-11, 03:59 PM
  #2  
Turbo vert
10 Year Member
iTrader: (33)
 
just startn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Elyria, OH
Posts: 2,696
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What MPH were you going from? Why didn't you brake boost? you would have been side by side then you would have walked him instead of playing catchup every single time.
just startn is offline  
Old 03-31-11, 04:30 PM
  #3  
Nothin But a G Thang
10 Year Member
 
ajsuper7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,213
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Domestic Ricers are the worst kind of white trash, they usually end up wrecking their beloved camaro or mustang doing something stupid. Who says,"well you pulled on me like crazy but i still won"?
ajsuper7 is offline  
Old 03-31-11, 04:48 PM
  #4  
Who say's i need a Van
5 Year Member
iTrader: (18)
 
Hotwheelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Whatsittoya
Posts: 609
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it looks like he saw you were going to take him on the top end on every race and backed off the throttle every time...............what a *****!
Hotwheelz is offline  
Old 03-31-11, 09:04 PM
  #5  
IFO Forced Induction Slo
10 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
bigdv519's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,315
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just startn - We were going from a 35 roll and 40 roll...don't remember which vids specifically. I know it seems like I lagged really bad but actually he was jumping out before me. I know you can hear the horn honks in the video but I couldn't hear anything in my car. I just saw the camaro go, then I had to play catch up. Power in my car actually came on very quickly.

Hotwheelz - I'll quote him. "I beat you everytime, I don't need to go 150 mph to know I won."
bigdv519 is offline  
Old 03-31-11, 09:09 PM
  #6  
Lenny
iTrader: (9)
 
Len-Len's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 472
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea your car is definitely faster.

Camaro driver's tend to be the biggest ******* out of all car guys.
Len-Len is offline  
Old 04-04-11, 09:17 PM
  #7  
No lag!
5 Year Member
 
BigBoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Six26
Posts: 418
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
those ******* sure have torque!

don't mean to hijack, but man, I have a story too! i had a chick in her new SS bumble bee camaro ******* around, zig zagin her way to traffic, acting like she owns the road.

I was at 6th gear, i see her approaching i tried to close the gap so she won't cut me off, but NO!!! she force my *** to back off! alright, camaro, is on! you think you all that cause you have the ******* transformer emblem on? yes, thats right, transformer.

she sees that now i am trying to cut her off, but will always close it, or another shitty car will block me. so came upon the opportunity to cut her off and.... EWG!!!! goes right off! WOT! on her ***! she, did not liked that at all! she gets next to me, were neck to neck, and off we go! i must say, there fast, very fast. we were side by side and off i took my exit and she went on her merry way lol

I forgot to add, i was driving no rx7, but my WRX STI making a little over 300whp and **** load of torque. i mean, not bad for being stock turbo and 3000lb+ car.

she was a really bitch.
BigBoss is offline  
Old 04-06-11, 12:07 PM
  #8  
GTR
5 Year Member
iTrader: (5)
 
AmviciousRav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The 916
Posts: 1,159
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that maro is fast, just not fast enough...

for the fc owner, is your interior stripped? or did you remove the sound deadning material?
AmviciousRav is offline  
Old 04-07-11, 07:17 PM
  #9  
I'm on a Boat!
10 Year Member
iTrader: (15)
 
ProjectD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: OK
Posts: 1,824
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great kills! I can't beleive he tried to say he beat you. your car seems very well setup. any dyno numbers or track times?
ProjectD is offline  
Old 04-07-11, 09:28 PM
  #10  
Moderator
iTrader: (25)
 
Spirit-RE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Janesville, WI
Posts: 2,922
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
man reminds me how much better a rotary sounds than a bumbling v8 lol.
Spirit-RE is offline  
Old 04-07-11, 11:06 PM
  #11  
Banned. I got OWNED!!!
iTrader: (1)
 
yzf-r1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 552
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
those ******* sure have torque!
Yes, they do....you have to brake boost or have the revs way up or they'll bite you
yzf-r1 is offline  
Old 04-08-11, 10:13 AM
  #12  
Classy
10 Year Member
iTrader: (17)
 
evot23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 6,900
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"...couple of years ago.." ? where have you been...talk about a late post lol.
evot23 is offline  
Old 04-26-11, 12:01 AM
  #13  
IFO Forced Induction Slo
10 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
bigdv519's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,315
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AmviciousRav View Post
that maro is fast, just not fast enough...

for the fc owner, is your interior stripped? or did you remove the sound deadning material?
It was pretty much all normal interior...I did remove the padding under the carpet. It was smelly.

Originally Posted by ProjectD View Post
Great kills! I can't beleive he tried to say he beat you. your car seems very well setup. any dyno numbers or track times?
At that time the car dynoes like 330rwhp, ran a 12.1 @ 116 w/ 18" rims (1.9 60'). Next week dynoed 353rwhp.

Originally Posted by evot23 View Post
"...couple of years ago.." ? where have you been...talk about a late post lol.
Haha...Ive been out of the mix for a while. Good to be back though.
bigdv519 is offline  
Old 04-28-11, 08:22 AM
  #14  
Rotor Nut.
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: RI
Posts: 2,156
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea brake boosting you would have made him look silly. i think its a domestic thing to let out just as there about to be walked. nice runs thou.
smg944 is offline  
Old 05-01-11, 09:38 AM
  #15  
rotorhead
iTrader: (3)
 
arghx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: cold
Posts: 15,641
Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
.

Last edited by arghx; 05-01-11 at 09:40 AM. Reason: n/m
arghx is offline  
Old 05-09-11, 03:35 PM
  #16  
Rotary
 
hatemy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 715
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow. I remember this story. It was on Houston-Imports.com . Under the Underdogs got spanked again i think ( name of the the drivers ex crew )

Theres a lot more to this story then what the driver is telling us. Both Drrivers were at fault. Both were being dumbasses. But at the end the camaro was slower and if I remember correctly the camaro had NOS as well.
hatemy7 is offline  
Old 05-10-11, 12:48 AM
  #17  
IFO Forced Induction Slo
10 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
bigdv519's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,315
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hatemy7 View Post
Wow. I remember this story. It was on Houston-Imports.com . Under the Underdogs got spanked again i think ( name of the the drivers ex crew )

Theres a lot more to this story then what the driver is telling us. Both Drrivers were at fault. Both were being dumbasses. But at the end the camaro was slower and if I remember correctly the camaro had NOS as well.
There is a lot of irrelevent backstory to this race but its irrelevent. I also don't understand what exactly I am at fault of, nor what I was being dumbass about. Care to explain?
bigdv519 is offline  
Old 05-11-11, 01:59 PM
  #18  
Rotary
 
hatemy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 715
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bigdv519 View Post
There is a lot of irrelevent backstory to this race but its irrelevent. I also don't understand what exactly I am at fault of, nor what I was being dumbass about. Care to explain?
So you didnt bring out a pipe out after the race? because both of you were arguing over who won even though you had your boys with you and the guy was alone or maybe had his lil guy with him...You guys had bad blood for the most stupidest thing. seriously. That it almost turned into a fight.

It really doesnt matter,

Just saying that there is two sides to each story. Nothing else
hatemy7 is offline  
Old 05-11-11, 04:58 PM
  #19  
Irregular Here
iTrader: (14)
 
7dust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Alvin, TX
Posts: 3,070
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I miss out on all the fun.

Where the hell you been D?
7dust is offline  
Old 05-12-11, 11:03 AM
  #20  
IFO Forced Induction Slo
10 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
bigdv519's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,315
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hatemy7 View Post
So you didnt bring out a pipe out after the race? because both of you were arguing over who won even though you had your boys with you and the guy was alone or maybe had his lil guy with him...You guys had bad blood for the most stupidest thing. seriously. That it almost turned into a fight.

It really doesnt matter,

Just saying that there is two sides to each story. Nothing else

Well how about we state the facts.
1. You werent there so you dont know **** first hand. All your info is second hand at best.
2. Most of my crew were en-route and I had maybe 3 or 4 other guys with me. We were easily out-numbered, 15 to 5.
3. 4 guys got in my face so I grabbed my JIC. I avoided getting jumped (for winning).

So in conclusion, the magical stories you've heard were obviously started and lean towards making me look like the bad guy and those 15 some guys looking like the innocent good people that were the victims.
bigdv519 is offline  
Old 05-12-11, 11:08 AM
  #21  
IFO Forced Induction Slo
10 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
bigdv519's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,315
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats up 7Dust!! How you been mang? I've been hiding in caves in the Middle East...but I'm back now. I should send you some pics of the new project.
bigdv519 is offline  
Old 05-13-11, 09:54 AM
  #22  
Irregular Here
iTrader: (14)
 
7dust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Alvin, TX
Posts: 3,070
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm good. Been busy breaking **** and running in the 24 Hours of Lemons every few months.

Do that. I'll take a lookie-see.

Better yet, bring your project out and run it against my 7.

Loser has to buy beers or get beat down with a pipe? Seriously???

Marco makes me giggle sometimes.
7dust is offline  
Old 05-13-11, 11:23 PM
  #23  
The Big Ugly!
 
rotordad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fredericksburg, Va
Posts: 867
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to take the thunder away, but neither car is running that fast. From the looks yes the 7 did start to reel the Camaro back in, but the Camaro clearly let out of it in all the vids. One reason not to roll race there will always be an arguing, another is that wow that's FWD nonsense. From a dig heads up style would have been interesting, but all in all nice pull for the 7 owner.
Congrats.

BTW if there was no money involved then there definitely was no reason to argue.
rotordad is offline  
Old 05-14-11, 04:19 PM
  #24  
IFO Forced Induction Slo
10 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
bigdv519's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,315
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rotordad View Post
Not to take the thunder away, but neither car is running that fast. From the looks yes the 7 did start to reel the Camaro back in, but the Camaro clearly let out of it in all the vids. One reason not to roll race there will always be an arguing, another is that wow that's FWD nonsense. From a dig heads up style would have been interesting, but all in all nice pull for the 7 owner.
Congrats.

BTW if there was no money involved then there definitely was no reason to argue.

I agree with you 99%. The 1% is that both cars (IMO) are pretty quick.

As for the other 99%...I pretty much had no choice but to roll race this guy on the street. They love to exploit the number of variables on the street and hopefully win.

7Dust - You got a trailer? Thats how it rolls right now.
bigdv519 is offline  
Old 05-14-11, 09:37 PM
  #25  
Rotary
 
hatemy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 715
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bigdv519 View Post
Well how about we state the facts.
1. You werent there so you dont know **** first hand. All your info is second hand at best.
2. Most of my crew were en-route and I had maybe 3 or 4 other guys with me. We were easily out-numbered, 15 to 5.
3. 4 guys got in my face so I grabbed my JIC. I avoided getting jumped (for winning).

So in conclusion, the magical stories you've heard were obviously started and lean towards making me look like the bad guy and those 15 some guys looking like the innocent good people that were the victims.
Look guy you might want to stfu seriously. LIKE I SAID AND STATED CLEARLY, theres always 2 sides to each story.

Dont get internet brave either..

Even your Crew has told me that you jumped out Or should I say EX CREW They have confirmed it before. Explicitracing ( the other racer ) told me that same thing. That you jumped out with a pipe lol. So 2nd hand is pretty good I guess.

Like I have said before theres always two sides to each story thank you..
hatemy7 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rx-7 10th AE -VS- Camaro SS


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: