Racing Kills Lounge The RX-7 Club and IB in no way supports or endorses illegal street racing in any way, shape or form, and highly recommends against any illegal activities.

Raced an R6 tonight

Old 08-04-10, 12:29 AM
  #1  
SINFUL7
Thread Starter
iTrader: (37)
 
KaiFD3S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 6,575
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Raced an R6 tonight

Just raced an R6 and was a draw only because I screwed up, I was running off the wastegate with boost controller off and was only at 11 lbs of boost, girl was in the car and had a full tank of gas oh well...

It happened while we were cruising, I see him comming from the on ramp, as he gets in the highway he was next to me, I hear him rev so I drop down to 3rd gear and punch it, he pulls about a bike lenght then I slowly caught up, by the time I was next to him we were at about 150 and there was a car in front so I had to let off, he kept going, crazy ****, wanted him to stop to chat but he was gone.

Good times...
KaiFD3S is offline  
Old 08-04-10, 08:46 AM
  #2  
Classy
10 Year Member
iTrader: (17)
 
evot23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 6,900
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice...hopefully you get a rematch
evot23 is offline  
Old 08-11-10, 11:16 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (4)
 
10thAEWHiteHeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 618
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did said girl cream her panties???
10thAEWHiteHeat is offline  
Old 08-17-10, 10:20 PM
  #4  
In the Garage
5 Year Member
iTrader: (2)
 
oo7arkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central FL
Posts: 1,406
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At 150 he was about to run out of power to accelerate any more. Too bad you were only running 11psi. That really should not have been much of a race from a roll, your car is set up really well. One of my favorites on this forum!
oo7arkman is offline  
Old 08-18-10, 06:34 PM
  #5  
Rotary Enthusiast
10 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: balto
Posts: 866
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry, but im finding it hard to believe that you kept up with a 600 with less than 400whp and extra weight

unless rider was over weight, didnt know what gear to start in, or just cant ride.
1wide7 is offline  
Old 08-18-10, 10:17 PM
  #6  
FREAK ALL OUT!!!
5 Year Member
iTrader: (17)
 
FearNoPiston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 1,071
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1wide7 View Post
sorry, but im finding it hard to believe that you kept up with a 600 with less than 400whp and extra weight

unless rider was over weight, didnt know what gear to start in, or just cant ride.
I wouldnt believe it from a dig but a bike on a freeway is a different story.
FearNoPiston is offline  
Old 08-18-10, 10:19 PM
  #7  
In the Garage
5 Year Member
iTrader: (2)
 
oo7arkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central FL
Posts: 1,406
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
600cc bikes are gutless from a highway roll. Even when dropping to 2nd gear @ 65-70mph (correct gear). They just do not have any torque. And most (not all mind you) guys putting around on 600cc bikes cannot ride very well. I love 600cc bikes, but only really on the track. It can be tossed around like a little toy with little regard for throttle moderation when leaving a corner. BUT on the street I prefer the torque of a liter bike. 350whp in the FD should be enough to stay right next to a 600. Now a liter bike, that is a very different fairy tale...
oo7arkman is offline  
Old 08-19-10, 01:19 PM
  #8  
Rotary Enthusiast
10 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: balto
Posts: 866
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oo7arkman View Post
600cc bikes are gutless from a highway roll. Even when dropping to 2nd gear @ 65-70mph (correct gear). They just do not have any torque. And most (not all mind you) guys putting around on 600cc bikes cannot ride very well. I love 600cc bikes, but only really on the track. It can be tossed around like a little toy with little regard for throttle moderation when leaving a corner. BUT on the street I prefer the torque of a liter bike. 350whp in the FD should be enough to stay right next to a 600. Now a liter bike, that is a very different fairy tale...
Like I said an inexperienced rider and regardless of how weak you may think a 600 is they still trap 126ish in the 1/4 and top out around 155-165. An FD making 350whp will not keep up with that, you may keep it close but a good rider will still pull you up to around 145-150
1wide7 is offline  
Old 08-19-10, 04:54 PM
  #9  
SINFUL7
Thread Starter
iTrader: (37)
 
KaiFD3S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 6,575
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is not the first time I raced a 600, I have another thread were I raced anothere guy from a dead stop and won well not really as he let off when I was catching up, and yes he can drive, the only thing different at that time I had my boost controller on at my highest boost setting, you can even ask my girl as she was in the car at that time too, I have no reason to lie about the race otherwise I would have said I won..but unfortunately I cant say that as my car was just running off the wastegate spring.
KaiFD3S is offline  
Old 08-19-10, 05:01 PM
  #10  
SINFUL7
Thread Starter
iTrader: (37)
 
KaiFD3S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 6,575
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funny how just reading my past posts didn't even realize that the last 2 races I had before this said the same thing as for as going for a 1000cc bike, now those I would not even stand a chance...LOL..

Here are my other 2 races with 600's that's preety much all I race here are bike because the car I try to mess with don't want to.

https://www.rx7club.com/search.php?searchid=8895124
KaiFD3S is offline  
Old 08-19-10, 06:10 PM
  #11  
In the Garage
5 Year Member
iTrader: (2)
 
oo7arkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central FL
Posts: 1,406
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1wide7 View Post
regardless of how weak you may think a 600 is
Would either of my statements lead you to believe that I am inexperienced with motorcycles or even 600cc sportbikes? I have spent most of my life riding bikes. I have had more than one 600 and several liter bikes... And I can say with confidence that they are completely gutless from a highway roll and a 350whp FD would have zero issues keeping up with if not pulling on one. Given both drivers are competent of coarse. Most 600's run in the 11-12sec 1/4 miles times. I could run my gixxer 600 in the low-mid 11's very consistently. BUT I am a competent rider and also, very importantly, I do not weigh very much either.

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking 600cc bikes, they are LOADS of fun...but on a roadcoarse for the reasons I mentioned in my last post. In that setting I prefer them over a liter bike any day. But on the road or ripping through the rocky mountains I would much rather be on a liter bike.
oo7arkman is offline  
Old 08-19-10, 08:57 PM
  #12  
Rotary Freak
iTrader: (28)
 
Double_J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,088
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KaiFD3S View Post
you can even ask my girl as she was in the car at that time too,
Ok I will take one for the team. PM me her pics, and telephone number and I will call her

I too raced a motorcycle a LONG time ago in my 5.0L mustang. While I do not remember what size of bike it was I didn't do bad. The bike didn't seem to have much pickup on the top end compared to when we were going slower.
Double_J is offline  
Old 08-19-10, 09:14 PM
  #13  
On/DEFEAT
5 Year Member
 
rotaryPOWAH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Pole, AK
Posts: 231
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know a guy who had a zx250 for a while... It was a fun little bike to dick around with, didn't have **** for power though, ended up getting walked by a bone stock honda accord v6 from a 20mph roll.

And I too am surprised that you didn't beat the 600, especially at 100+ mph.
rotaryPOWAH is offline  
Old 08-20-10, 09:20 AM
  #14  
Rotary Enthusiast
10 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: balto
Posts: 866
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oo7arkman View Post
Would either of my statements lead you to believe that I am inexperienced with motorcycles or even 600cc sportbikes? I have spent most of my life riding bikes. I have had more than one 600 and several liter bikes... And I can say with confidence that they are completely gutless from a highway roll and a 350whp FD would have zero issues keeping up with if not pulling on one. Given both drivers are competent of coarse. Most 600's run in the 11-12sec 1/4 miles times. I could run my gixxer 600 in the low-mid 11's very consistently. BUT I am a competent rider and also, very importantly, I do not weigh very much either.

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking 600cc bikes, they are LOADS of fun...but on a roadcoarse for the reasons I mentioned in my last post. In that setting I prefer them over a liter bike any day. But on the road or ripping through the rocky mountains I would much rather be on a liter bike.
All of the new 600's are high 10 sec bikes in the 1/4 mile and anything less than a 70 mph roll the bike will get the lead and a 350whp car may keep it close but in no way will it catch or pass until you get up around 150.

and to the op
Im not saying it didnt happen just that the results should have been different with a good rider

400hp with torque FD and the r6 starts to pull on it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCG3_...feature=search
1wide7 is offline  
Old 08-21-10, 08:57 AM
  #15  
In the Garage
5 Year Member
iTrader: (2)
 
oo7arkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central FL
Posts: 1,406
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
600's have supposed to be able to turn high 10sec 1/4 miles since early 2001 model years. Although possible, it takes nothing less than MotoGP riding skills to get there... I completely agree with you, it is possible, but you will not find it in most anyone tooling around on the street on a 600. In reality there is less than 1 sec difference in 1/4mi times between 600's and 1000's. But we all know that with anyone on the street it is typically a difference of 1.5-2sec.

That is a good video, but with no brake boosting from the RX7 I am suprised the R6 did not pull more at first and the RX7 have to real him in!!

I never thought you were trying to say it did not happen but this sounds like it was a decent rider and the outcome suggests a typical race with equal drivers. I am not trying to be argumentative so please do not take me the wrong way.
oo7arkman is offline  
Old 08-26-10, 07:50 PM
  #16  
Lives on the Forum
iTrader: (4)
 
mrb63083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: North Dallas
Posts: 5,748
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 10thAEWHiteHeat View Post
did said girl cream her panties???
..............what?
mrb63083 is offline  
Old 08-26-10, 10:28 PM
  #17  
GTR
5 Year Member
iTrader: (5)
 
AmviciousRav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The 916
Posts: 1,159
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wait v8's have a high end advantage over rotary?
AmviciousRav is offline  
Old 08-27-10, 12:00 PM
  #18  
Rotary Enthusiast
10 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: balto
Posts: 866
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AmviciousRav View Post
wait v8's have a high end advantage over rotary?
a 400hp v8 with a 6spd has more top end than an fd with less than 400hp. yes! and the V8 has something called torque that rotaries only dream of, lol.
1wide7 is offline  
Old 09-06-10, 09:38 PM
  #19  
Banned. I got OWNED!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 1,045
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1wide7 View Post
a 400hp v8 with a 6spd has more top end than an fd with less than 400hp.
Huh?

If you're referring to high rpm power, the rotary wins. A decently modded FD with 360-380 rwhp is a legitimate 180 mph car, don't try that with a barn door F body or Mustang.

I've raced several 600s, they aren't that much of a problem above 100 mph, because bike aeros suck. However, don't mess with a modern literbike or Busa unless you have 500-600 rwhp. I own a ZX-10, andI can tell you it will stomp essentially any car, it's an absolute beast (wait until the 2011 comes out!).

Then again, all it takes is one time getting caught doing these very high speeds and you can lose your license, so it's probably not worth it.
no_more_rice is offline  
Old 09-07-10, 10:49 AM
  #20  
Rotary Enthusiast
10 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: balto
Posts: 866
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by no_more_rice View Post
Huh?

If you're referring to high rpm power, the rotary wins. A decently modded FD with 360-380 rwhp is a legitimate 180 mph car, don't try that with a barn door F body or Mustang.

I've raced several 600s, they aren't that much of a problem above 100 mph, because bike aeros suck. However, don't mess with a modern literbike or Busa unless you have 500-600 rwhp. I own a ZX-10, andI can tell you it will stomp essentially any car, it's an absolute beast (wait until the 2011 comes out!).

Then again, all it takes is one time getting caught doing these very high speeds and you can lose your license, so it's probably not worth it.
My statement about a 400hp 6pd v8 pertained to an FD with a swap (which is whats in the video i posted), which would walk a rotary FD with 360-380 hp, equal aero, same weight, more torque.
1wide7 is offline  
Old 09-07-10, 04:45 PM
  #21  
Banned. I got OWNED!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 1,045
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torque rules at the drag strip, but in a high speed roll-on, it's all about sheer horsepower, Cd, and frontal area. With the same hp, the race should be equal - added torque means zip at 180 hp, if anything the increased friction of 8 pistons slinging around is a hindrance, relative to the rotary momentum machine.

After all these years, I still enjoy kicking piston *** with 1/4 the displacement, and it happens regularly. Go against the herd - drive a rotary (three rotor if you have the means).
no_more_rice is offline  
Old 09-08-10, 05:11 AM
  #22  
I SMELL GAS
10 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
SAVANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: PASADENA CA
Posts: 152
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just broke off a r6 myself in my Rx3 that has 335 hp to the wheels from a roll at about 70mph he was a lil fat but i killed him none the less.....lol
SAVANT is offline  
Old 09-08-10, 06:24 PM
  #23  
Rotary Enthusiast
10 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: balto
Posts: 866
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by no_more_rice View Post
Torque rules at the drag strip, but in a high speed roll-on, it's all about sheer horsepower, Cd, and frontal area. With the same hp, the race should be equal - added torque means zip at 180 hp, if anything the increased friction of 8 pistons slinging around is a hindrance, relative to the rotary momentum machine.

After all these years, I still enjoy kicking piston *** with 1/4 the displacement, and it happens regularly. Go against the herd - drive a rotary (three rotor if you have the means).
Your still missing it, lol, the rotary car has under 400whp the v8 in an identical rx7 has 400whp + torque which means the v8 rx7 would win hands down! more power more torque same aero and weight (aluminum block ls doesnt add much if any weight over the rotary look it up). and

My point to all this is the r6 started pulling on a V8 rx7 with 400whp which shows anything under 400 isnt gonna beat a newer 600 with a GOOD, AVERAGE size rider.
1wide7 is offline  
Old 09-08-10, 11:50 PM
  #24  
Banned. I got OWNED!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 1,045
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No I get it, it's just dumb - why compare the same cars with unequal hp, what the heck does that prove?

Oh, and I have beaten 600s with less than 400 rwhp.
no_more_rice is offline  
Old 09-09-10, 01:05 PM
  #25  
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 507
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow very interesting, i'm about to race my buddy's 04 600cc ninja in my FD. I'll video it and let you guys see. But my FD is making a little more then 400whp though.
doduong11 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Raced an R6 tonight


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: