Race Car Tech Discuss anything related to road racing and auto X.

Lime Rock Park 10/9

Old 10-10-08, 05:06 PM
  #1  
NASA TTS Build
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Specter328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 816
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lime Rock Park 10/9

I was at LRP this past Thursday and had a great time. I learned a lot and can't wait to get back out on track in November. It was fun chasing down an R8 at the end of the day. My best time was around a 1:08.9 (stopwatch) but I really wasn't shooting any time since I'm still focusing on learning. Here are some pictures from the event:





Attached Thumbnails Lime Rock Park 10/9-l1.jpg   Lime Rock Park 10/9-l2.jpg   Lime Rock Park 10/9-l3.jpg  
Specter328 is offline  
Old 10-10-08, 10:00 PM
  #2  
10 lb. boost, 5lb. bag
10 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Gene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,076
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice. First time out? What club was it with? Welcome to the slippery slope of tracking your car.
Gene is offline  
Old 10-11-08, 12:51 AM
  #3  
NASA TTS Build
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Specter328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 816
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was my second time on track, I learned a great deal from my instructor but I still need to learn a lot more. It was run by the SCDA, they did a great job.
Specter328 is offline  
Old 10-11-08, 01:35 AM
  #4  
Fway-ming dwagen
5 Year Member
iTrader: (7)
 
sinned2545's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New york
Posts: 1,588
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats pretty cool man.. i really want to take my 7 to the track...
Whats the rates for the instructor??? Or classes??
sinned2545 is offline  
Old 10-11-08, 07:33 AM
  #5  
Junior Member
5 Year Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: hampden ma
Posts: 33
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCDA does a great job
Ita15 is offline  
Old 10-11-08, 09:15 AM
  #6  
NASA TTS Build
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Specter328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 816
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sinned2545 View Post
Thats pretty cool man.. i really want to take my 7 to the track...
Whats the rates for the instructor??? Or classes??
Instruction on track and 3 classroom sessions at LRP was $340 with the SCDA. Different tracks and organization but $270-350 for the day is pretty standard.
Specter328 is offline  
Old 10-11-08, 03:30 PM
  #7  
10 lb. boost, 5lb. bag
10 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Gene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,076
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeouch that's pricey for a one day with only 3 runs. NASA Mid Atlantic events at Summit in WV usually cost around that for two days. Of course travel costs something too... NASA northeast has one coming up at the new Thunderbolt track at New Jersey Motorsports Park too. Costs more than the ones at summit, but it's much closer to home so it's probably a wash. Details on that here:

https://www.nasaproracing.com/ems/event/804
Gene is offline  
Old 10-11-08, 07:19 PM
  #8  
NASA TTS Build
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Specter328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 816
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
NASA northeast has one coming up at the new Thunderbolt track at New Jersey Motorsports Park too. Costs more than the ones at summit, but it's much closer to home so it's probably a wash. Details on that here:

https://www.nasaproracing.com/ems/event/804
I will be at this event on Saturday and Sunday.
Specter328 is offline  
Old 10-12-08, 12:23 AM
  #9  
needs more track time
iTrader: (14)
 
gracer7-rx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bay Area CA
Posts: 7,833
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I loved that first section at LR - Big Bend, the S turns and up the hill. I always hated that last turn onto the straight. Saw way too many wrecks coming out of that turn.

Congrats on getting out there. Keep it up. Car looks good.
gracer7-rx7 is offline  
Old 10-12-08, 01:35 AM
  #10  
NASA TTS Build
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Specter328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 816
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gracer7-rx7 View Post
I loved that first section at LR - Big Bend, the S turns and up the hill. I always hated that last turn onto the straight. Saw way too many wrecks coming out of that turn.

Congrats on getting out there. Keep it up. Car looks good.
Thanks, I can't wait till I'm back at Lime Rock in the spring (I hope). I actually like the downhill going onto the front straight, I felt pretty comfortable since my instructor last year had me coast down the hill no brakes at speed which taught me a lot about the corner (though I'm positive there is a lot more speed to be had but that speed will come when I learn much more and grow into a more competent driver). I was fast enough out of the corner to get the point by and pass an Audi R8 going onto the front straight which was cool for me especially since it was the last lap of the day and I got the checkered after the pass.
Specter328 is offline  
Old 10-12-08, 02:08 AM
  #11  
Bann3d. I got OWNED!!!
iTrader: (20)
 
RX7 RAGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,974
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Does the FEED rear wing make a difference when adjusting the center section?
RX7 RAGE is offline  
Old 10-12-08, 12:39 PM
  #12  
NASA TTS Build
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Specter328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 816
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RX7 RAGE View Post
Does the FEED rear wing make a difference when adjusting the center section?
I'm not sure, I didn't try any adjustments this time but when I'm on track in a month I'll be sure to see.
Specter328 is offline  
Old 10-12-08, 04:29 PM
  #13  
10 lb. boost, 5lb. bag
10 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Gene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,076
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool. I haven't made up my my mind yet on whether I'm going to that one.

What mods have you got on your car? Track use puts a lot of strain on things.
Gene is offline  
Old 10-12-08, 08:09 PM
  #14  
NASA TTS Build
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Specter328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 816
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Cool. I haven't made up my my mind yet on whether I'm going to that one.

What mods have you got on your car? Track use puts a lot of strain on things.
It's definitely a nice piece and I'm sure adds downforce since it was designed by FEED. My car has Stance GR+ coilovers, Enkei NT03+M 17x9.5s all around with Falken Azenis RT-615 255/17/40, Porterfield R-4 compound pads, motor built by IRP with a large streetport, 1300cc injectors, RP fuel pump, surge cover, pettit cool charge II intercooler, greddy intakes, R1 oil coolers and koyo radiator. I know the strain it puts on the car very well, my motor blew last year and my p/s pump went this time around along with cracking my battery somehow.
Specter328 is offline  
Old 10-13-08, 12:02 AM
  #15  
needs more track time
iTrader: (14)
 
gracer7-rx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bay Area CA
Posts: 7,833
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Specter328 View Post
Thanks, I can't wait till I'm back at Lime Rock in the spring (I hope). I actually like the downhill going onto the front straight, I felt pretty comfortable since my instructor last year had me coast down the hill no brakes at speed which taught me a lot about the corner (though I'm positive there is a lot more speed to be had but that speed will come when I learn much more and grow into a more competent driver). I was fast enough out of the corner to get the point by and pass an Audi R8 going onto the front straight which was cool for me especially since it was the last lap of the day and I got the checkered after the pass.

The new surface repaving project last year fixed the old "challenges" of that last turn. There used to be a nice dip at the apex that would make the car feel all sorts of bad if you hit it wrong. The proper line was full throttle right through the dip and hold the line (if you brought the brass cohones). I got loose there various times...
gracer7-rx7 is offline  
Old 10-13-08, 12:05 AM
  #16  
needs more track time
iTrader: (14)
 
gracer7-rx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bay Area CA
Posts: 7,833
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Cool. I haven't made up my my mind yet on whether I'm going to that one.

What mods have you got on your car? Track use puts a lot of strain on things.


DO IT! That track looks sweet.

Lime Rock has been progressively getting more and more expensive since its the only track within a reasonable distance from the tri-state / NYC area. I remember the good ole days when Lime Rock and the Bridge were around $100 a day.
gracer7-rx7 is offline  
Old 10-14-08, 11:16 AM
  #17  
NASA TTS Build
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Specter328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 816
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gracer7-rx7 View Post
The new surface repaving project last year fixed the old "challenges" of that last turn. There used to be a nice dip at the apex that would make the car feel all sorts of bad if you hit it wrong. The proper line was full throttle right through the dip and hold the line (if you brought the brass cohones). I got loose there various times...
I remember that dip from last year, I probably never had a problem with it because my motor was blown all day and didn't have the power or the brass cohones to push it to the point where I'd get loose.
Specter328 is offline  
Old 10-19-08, 11:29 PM
  #18  
.
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: US
Posts: 2,496
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
awesome lap time! sounds like it was a lot of fun. i wish i couldve been out there with you.
ZumSpeedRX-7 is offline  
Old 10-20-08, 08:30 PM
  #19  
Junior Member
 
Mike Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was out there on 10/9 too. I was in the 2nd gen white/black RX-7 Turbo in the black run group. I remember eyeing your car Specter328. It is a great looking piece of machinery. It sounds like you are catching the track bug. I started this April in an '86 track prepped turbo. Last week at Lime Rock was my 10th track day; 4th at LRP.

There were RX-7's of plenty that day. Here's a bit of video of me trying to hang with a 3rd gen turbo in the black group. He was running 1:01's. I was running mid 1:02's. www.vimeo.com/1926827


Last edited by Mike Miller; 10-20-08 at 08:35 PM. Reason: 5 post minimum for images
Mike Miller is offline  
Old 10-20-08, 08:31 PM
  #20  
Junior Member
 
Mike Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry, filler post 2 to allow images.
Mike Miller is offline  
Old 10-20-08, 08:32 PM
  #21  
Junior Member
 
Mike Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry, filler post 3 to allow images.
Mike Miller is offline  
Old 10-20-08, 08:33 PM
  #22  
Junior Member
 
Mike Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry, filler post 4 to allow images.
Mike Miller is offline  
Old 10-20-08, 08:34 PM
  #23  
Junior Member
 
Mike Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry, filler post 5 to allow images.
Mike Miller is offline  
Old 10-20-08, 09:39 PM
  #24  
10 lb. boost, 5lb. bag
10 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Gene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,076
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gracer7-rx7 View Post
DO IT! That track looks sweet.

Lime Rock has been progressively getting more and more expensive since its the only track within a reasonable distance from the tri-state / NYC area. I remember the good ole days when Lime Rock and the Bridge were around $100 a day.
Well, it was that or a NASA event at Summit, and I chose Summit. No big loss though, I just did Thunderbolt this weekend with PCA. I just put a new suspension on my car so I'm itching to see how it works at Summit since I'm very familiar with that track. It held up great at Thunderbolt this weekend, I'm gonna go stupid fast with it on a familiar track, though first I need new front rotors to replace the ones I trashed...
Gene is offline  
Old 10-20-08, 10:41 PM
  #25  
needs more track time
iTrader: (14)
 
gracer7-rx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bay Area CA
Posts: 7,833
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Miller View Post
I was out there on 10/9 too. I was in the 2nd gen white/black RX-7 Turbo in the black run group. I remember eyeing your car Specter328. It is a great looking piece of machinery. It sounds like you are catching the track bug. I started this April in an '86 track prepped turbo. Last week at Lime Rock was my 10th track day; 4th at LRP.

There were RX-7's of plenty that day. Here's a bit of video of me trying to hang with a 3rd gen turbo in the black group. He was running 1:01's. I was running mid 1:02's. www.vimeo.com/1926827
Was that a guy named Mark from PA in the white FD? If so, I first ran into him over 10 years ago at Watkins Glen and Lime Rock. Saw him again a few years ago when I was still in NY.
gracer7-rx7 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lime Rock Park 10/9


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: