F1 (Indy)
Originally Posted by Snakey
Nic and i tried and tried to find you guys... thought you were on the grass like the rest of us losers...
we told you we were in front of the pits.....
I couldn't hear anything the last time Steve and I talked.... All I heard was last pit, so we asked a security guard and he just kind of blew us off saying there was no way to get by them with general admission.
Open up! Search Warrant!
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 3,838
Likes: 3
From: Kicking down doors in a neighborhood near you
I was there. I sat across from the Podium on the same side of the track as where CYM_R1's pictures are from. It was my first time too so it was a great experience to see the cars even though the Michelin tire issue was a dissapointment.
I was there too. I went with my girlfriend though, and was in her Camaro rather than my rx-7. It was my first race, but I went to the practice last year. If anyone was driving a first gen and saw someone freaking out over it, it could have possibly been me (entirely too fond of first gens, which is why I own one.) Also whoever owns the white third gen with a moonroof and exhaust, I must say both years so far you are the first car I see when I am leaving the practice and I would not have it any other way. heh
That's because Michelin rocks!!
"This is an important decision, since Michelin is not at all legally bound to do this," the company said in a statement. "Michelin deeply regrets that the public was deprived of an exciting race and therefore wishes to be the first, among the different groups involved in the Indianapolis race, to make a strong gesture towards the spectators. Michelin also offers to buy 20,000 tickets for the 2006 US Grand Prix to be given to spectators who were present at the Indianapolis race in 2005. We are offering this to promote further Formula 1 interest in the United States. We would also like to take this opportunity to underline the fact that it is unacceptable that our partner teams have been accused by the FIA of having boycotted the Indianapolis Grand Prix."
The statement went on to say that Michelin and its partners did "everything possible to assure that the race could take place in total safety".
"We are extremely disappointed that the proposals made with all our teams were not accepted," Michelin went on. "These proposals, including a chicane, were technically viable and totally met all safety requirements. On Sunday morning, June 19, the sporting authority had all the means necessary to preserve the interest of the race. And yet, the sporting authority rejected the proposed solutions. Why? In our view this is totally incomprehensible and reflects a lack of respect for the spectators. It is the spirit of respect for the spectators that brought us, with our partners, to propose solutions to allow the race to take place in total safety. It is this same spirit that leads us today to make this gesture."
"This is an important decision, since Michelin is not at all legally bound to do this," the company said in a statement. "Michelin deeply regrets that the public was deprived of an exciting race and therefore wishes to be the first, among the different groups involved in the Indianapolis race, to make a strong gesture towards the spectators. Michelin also offers to buy 20,000 tickets for the 2006 US Grand Prix to be given to spectators who were present at the Indianapolis race in 2005. We are offering this to promote further Formula 1 interest in the United States. We would also like to take this opportunity to underline the fact that it is unacceptable that our partner teams have been accused by the FIA of having boycotted the Indianapolis Grand Prix."
The statement went on to say that Michelin and its partners did "everything possible to assure that the race could take place in total safety".
"We are extremely disappointed that the proposals made with all our teams were not accepted," Michelin went on. "These proposals, including a chicane, were technically viable and totally met all safety requirements. On Sunday morning, June 19, the sporting authority had all the means necessary to preserve the interest of the race. And yet, the sporting authority rejected the proposed solutions. Why? In our view this is totally incomprehensible and reflects a lack of respect for the spectators. It is the spirit of respect for the spectators that brought us, with our partners, to propose solutions to allow the race to take place in total safety. It is this same spirit that leads us today to make this gesture."
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post



