Single Turbo RX-7's Questions about all aspects of single turbo setups.

Single Turbo Vacuum Hose Diagram

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-02, 03:57 PM
Perpetual Rebuilder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Single Turbo Vacuum Hose Diagram

I took the FD manual vacuum hose routing page and modified it for an xs single turbo. I am in the middle of this project and this page is a work in progress. I thought I would put it together for those who do it after me. Do I have it right so far? I still have to look up those 2 hoses that come from the block near the manifold that I marked with ? marks. If you look at the stock page (F-10) side by side with this single one it makes for a very strong argument to convert eh? Can I get rid of anything else?

Single Vacuum Hose Diagram

Thanks for the positive feedback! (hint, meaning I don't need flames or negative comments at this point I am in the middle of a single conversion!)

Shawn

Last edited by shawnk; 05-24-02 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-24-02, 07:04 PM
Perpetual Rebuilder

Ok it seems I need a little help. I made this drawing at work and now that I am home I am unable to figure out a couple of things.

1) If you follow the line on my drawing that goes from the ic pipe to the engine (oil injection vacuum line into air bleed socket - connecting near the manifold under the fuel rail) the xs install guide shows a T. Once I removed all of the solenoid valves and the hose spiders I dont have anything to connect the other part of the T. Do I just take the T back out and eliminate that run? (on my drawing it would be the line that goes nowhere above "To Breather".) Or does it connect to one of the hoses I have listed in #2?

2) I am unable to find any documentation of what those 2 lines are that I marked with question marks. What are they and what do I do with them? I notice the one towards the front has a small clear (though stained) hose that joines with it at the coupler to the engine.
Old 05-24-02, 07:24 PM
Perpetual Rebuilder

Well I figured out the back hose that I marked with a question mark comes off of the Pulsation Damper. Can just cap this? Is there a FAQ on the removal of the solenoid valves? I admit I haven't searched very hard.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueler? Bueler?
Old 05-24-02, 07:29 PM
Rotary Enthusiast

Why are you using the solenoid for the purge control. I am not using this, should I be? The Apex instuctions sucked unless you read Japanese. I thinks by your diagram those are the oil metering lines. Just cap them off and they still work. I dont think you use any solenoids with a PFC if that is your ecu.

Steve

Last edited by sub-zero; 05-24-02 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-24-02, 07:29 PM

the ones with the question mark are you oil injectors i think.... and they neet do be hooked up to a vacume source. DO NOT CAP.... is what i am told from the local Ratary guy (scott at MAZSPORT in clearwater FL.). i have been working on a similar project and from what i am told, all the solenoids can come out if you have an aftermarket ecu. call me and we can share ideas and look at the daigram togeather. 727-561-9440 ask for rich.
Old 05-24-02, 07:33 PM
Rotary Enthusiast

Rich, I was told to cap the oil lines? The experts should know.
Old 05-24-02, 09:27 PM
Perpetual Rebuilder

Steve - I just left the purge there, only because it seems to be something somewhat useful - though my car would probably never miss it. But I haven't got to the PFC part yet and if it doesn't control it obviously it could be removed, but if it does then it is good to stay. I know the default for the valve is closed so I figured at worst I have a very elaborate cap. Oh and you have instructions? I would be happy to have a page with pics at least even if it was covered in japanese characters!

Rich - thanks for your time - the phone call cleared up a couple things for me. Hopefully I will get my injectors back tomorrow and have it running by Monday. I forgot to ask you about the line coming from the IC pipe. You just have it running straight to engine (removing the T I had in the line from the single install instructions)?

For everyone else - the hose I thought was coming off of Pulsation damper was actually the second oil injector and it should be hooked to vacuum with the other oil injector.
Old 08-25-04, 11:25 AM
Bottled at the source

This would be a good thing to refresh.
Old 08-25-04, 12:25 PM
Perpetual Rebuilder

There have been at least 5 other threads along these lines that I have participated in since this one. Do a search - I think all the info is now available on the forum.

Shawn