AEM Plug and Play

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-02, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEM Plug and Play

Will this plug and play engine management work with a 20B? http://www.aempower.com/ems.htm Just curious if anyone has tried it.
Old 03-08-02, 09:01 PM
Rotorhead

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
That EMS is not on the retail market yet. I doubt that they will bother with a plug and play version for something as rare as a 20B, but I'm sure that the "AEM Race" universal version will run a 20B. Any EMS which will run a 6-cylinder engine should also run a 20B. If you are concerned about emissions, however, I don't think that any single EMS on the market will run split timing on a 20B, although you could always use an additional EMS to perform this function.
Old 03-09-02, 12:46 AM
Rotary Enthusiast

Stay away from the AEM until more testing and results have been completed
Old 03-09-02, 12:55 AM

the AEM will do a 20b. it is not out yet but it will anilate all.
Old 03-09-02, 08:44 AM
Lives on the Forum

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
It can't do true independent split trailing on a 20B.&nbsp So the Haltech E6K + IG5 still kicks it's ***.

Maybe you can explain to use how the AEM's 5 discrete ignition channels is able to fire the 6-channel 20B ignition?

-Ted
Old 03-09-02, 10:27 AM
Rotorhead

Originally posted by RETed
It can't do true independent split trailing on a 20B.&nbsp So the Haltech E6K + IG5 still kicks it's ***.

Maybe you can explain to use how the AEM's 5 discrete ignition channels is able to fire the 6-channel 20B ignition?
LOL, Hey Ted, I'm making a new EMS that will be on the market soon. I call it the Evil SAT-1RE EMS. It is better than a Motec (if you ignore the facts and just listen to my hype), and it will run split timing on a 20B (even though my engineer has never seen a 20B). Order now! (I'll take your money even though I don't have any in produciton).

Is the propaganda getting old, or is it just me?
Old 03-09-02, 10:45 AM
Rotary Enthusiast

Originally posted by amemiya
the AEM will do a 20b. it is not out yet but it will anilate all.
HA, ok you test it out for us then you let us know
Old 03-10-02, 10:48 AM

I have seen it advertised a lot. I am suprised it isn't out yet.
Old 03-10-02, 10:17 PM
Rotorhead

Originally posted by More Power
I have seen it advertised a lot. I am suprised it isn't out yet.
Yeah, unlike the Electromotive TECIII, Haltech Halwin software, and Wolf3D 4.0, which are... um, available soon - still.

Welcome to EMS World, where eternity is available soon, and everything is better than a Motec.
Old 03-11-02, 09:52 AM
Gaijin Racing

Originally posted by Evil Aviator

...and everything is better than a Motec.
Especially the Motec sytem exhaust (did anyone else catch that in F&F?)
Old 03-19-02, 12:25 PM
'Tuna'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL, Hey Ted, I'm making a new EMS that will be on the market soon. I call it the Evil SAT-1RE EMS. It is better than a Motec (if you ignore the facts and just listen to my hype), and it will run split timing on a 20B (even though my engineer has never seen a 20B). Order now! (I'll take your money even though I don't have any in produciton).

Hey Evil!
You sound just like the guys at AEM!
Those guys over there seem to think that the rest of the world ignore facts and really believes in the HYPE like the Honda Ricers they are accustom to dealing with!
Rumor has it that a certain famous racer who was running Motec that changed over to the AEM unit couldn't get it to perform as the creator's (AEM) predicted, ended up re-installing the Motec units. What's even more unbelievable was that they asked the racer to put their sticker over the Motec labels!
I always wondered why the original designers of the unit (GEMS) would licensed someone else to produce a unit they claim to be even better than the original!

crispeed
87 Rx-7 TII
9.20@150mph
Old 03-19-02, 12:41 PM
Eats, Sleeps, Dreams Rotary

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll buy one and install it in my RX-7 right now!
Old 03-19-02, 09:06 PM
Rotorhead

Originally posted by crispeed
Hey Evil!
You sound just like the guys at AEM!
Yeah, and I sound like the guys at the majority of the other EMS manufacturers, too. Geez, the EMS guys are starting to annoy me more than the long distance and credit card guys!

Originally posted by Node
I'll buy one and install it in my RX-7 right now!
OK, just post your credit card number here, along with the expiration date and billing address, your social security number, your ATM password, key code to your RX-7 (when you get one, hehehe), and the combination to your bike lock, and I'll send you my first production unit just as soon as it pops out of the factory (pic of my factory: ). Oh, wait a minute, I guess I need to post that in the group buy forum so that I don't have to ban myself. Nevermind.

BTW, here is a sneak preview of my Evil SAT-1RE EMS circuit board. Look how nice and green it is - it's better than a Motec!
http://www.epemag.wimborne.co.uk/images/bad1.jpg
Old 03-19-02, 09:56 PM

Received 2,637 Likes on 1,867 Posts
wow my e6k isnt green like that!
who needs trailing spit anyways....

mike
Old 03-20-02, 12:00 AM
'Tuna'

Hey Evil!
Would your EMS control the OMP on my 13B or the variable valve timing on my Acura RSX like the AEM EMS hopes too some time this century when their so call engineers firgure out why the plug & play version for the Civic and Acuras are blowing the factory ignitors and coils all the time or why the EMS is not even firing the ignition although it's getting perfect crank and cam trigger signals!
Just a local count from some shops near by so far that have returned three units for repair because they never worked from day one all of which were plug and play units! I guess they came ready to plug but not to play!

crispeed
87 Rx-7 TII
9.20@150mph
2600lbs
Old 03-20-02, 09:03 AM
Lives on the Forum

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
crispeed has a Honda???
No way!

-Ted
Old 03-21-02, 01:35 AM
'Tuna'

Originally posted by RETed
crispeed has a Honda???
No way!

-Ted
It's a friend's!
We did a complete build up on the motor and turbo kit and was hoping that the AEM would have done the trick for us. Looks like it's back to good old trusty Haltech!

crispeed
87 Rx-7 TII
9.20@150mph
2600lbs
Old 03-21-02, 02:13 AM
Eats, Sleeps, Dreams Rotary

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, just post your credit card number here, along with the expiration date and billing address, your social security number, your ATM password, key code to your RX-7 (when you get one, hehehe), and the combination to your bike lock, and I'll send you my first production unit just as soon as it pops out of the factory (pic of my factory: ). Oh, wait a minute, I guess I need to post that in the group buy forum so that I don't have to ban myself. Nevermind.

BTW, here is a sneak preview of my Evil SAT-1RE EMS circuit board. Look how nice and green it is - it's better than a Motec!
http://www.epemag.wimborne.co.uk/images/bad1.jpg
About all you get is the combination to my bike lock, oh wait, I use a key lock, OH WAIT, I don't use the schwinny any more You can use the frame for some aluminum intercooler piping.
BTW I would like to know if you could arrange a factory tour for a friend, he goes by the name of Jon Voskinarian (Vosko if you're simple). I bet he would love to "inspect" your factory

Originally posted by j9fd3s
wow my e6k isnt green like that!
who needs trailing spit anyways....

mike
oregon trailing spit?