Interior / Exterior / Audio Talk about interior and exterior mods including audio.

need help designing spats/carnards/frontspoilers for a stock FD or Knights type III

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-03, 02:07 AM
I'm a CF and poop smith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
need help designing spats/carnards/frontspoilers for a stock FD or Knights type III

Ok, I'm damn near done with dragons and jspecracer7's stuff and I'm thinking of making some front spats/carnards/frontspoilers (what ever you wanna call them). Would anyone be intrested in a pair for stock FD fronts or a Knights typeIII front? (these I can make easily since I have both right now)

if so, what kinda design do you guys wanna see? I can seriously make them how ever big you guys would want so if you guys want the 2 foot escudo type of Carnards, I can do it. Try drawing out what you would like to see and how high/placement you would like to see.

BTW: See that rear spoiler on the escudo, I'm planning on making something like that on my car hahaha (On another note, I'm totally serious here )

Last edited by skunks; 04-04-03 at 02:12 AM.
Old 04-04-03, 02:08 AM
I'm a CF and poop smith

Re: need help designing spats/carnards/frontspoilers for a stock FD or Knights type III

double post
Old 04-05-03, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm thinking that the Escudo-type fronts are a little too extreme for the smooth lines of the stock FD. I had thought originally about the Odula spats/canards, but backed out. They are the most "mild" that I could find.
http://www.jt-imports.com/Odula_FD_parts_list.htm
For a stock-bodied FD it maybe too much (only my opinion of course)
Old 04-05-03, 09:04 PM
I'm a CF and poop smith

hehe yeah, the escudo type is a bit large. I was trying to show more of the style, where it is bigger/wider in the back then it is in the front. the amemiya and odula ones are the complete opposite where the front is wider then the rear is which makes the front end in to more of a box (well when seen from above).

anyone else have any opinoins?