3rd Generation Specific (1993-2002) 1993-2002 Discussion including performance modifications and Technical Support Sections.
Sponsored by:

Innovate LM-1 + LMA-2 RPM Wideband Lambda Controler Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-06, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Innovate LM-1 + LMA-2 RPM Wideband Lambda Controler Kit

Just picked up one of these.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...4770&rd=1&rd=1

Dont get it till the end of the week but just wonderd if any users have any setup tips/tricks like where to connect the RPM and any sugestions as to what else to log appart from O2/lambda and RPM.

Ta steve
Old 11-12-06, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got one a couple of months ago. Let me get some info together for you and I will post it when I have the data in front of me.

It is a nice system and the software is very good as well. Getting sensors configured was a bit of a pain and Im still tweaking a couple of components.

Back at you later this evening.

-chuck
Old 11-12-06, 05:57 PM

Thanx, will be good to have a little data on setup and tweaking.
Old 11-12-06, 09:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm guessing you don't have a Power FC ECU? I got the lc-1 with the xd-16 guage and wired it all into the Power FC with datalogit software. . .fantastic setup overall!
Old 11-13-06, 02:19 PM

I set up the LM1 and LM2 for:
- AFR
- RPM
- IAT (deg F - my calibration table may be off a little)
- coolant temp (deg F - my calibration table may be off a little)
- MAP (this one Im still tweaking, cant do gauge boost pressure and vacuum on same line - only absolute pressure)
- TPS (% open)

I created quick-disconnect harnesses using computer 4 pin male and female power connectors and a y-connector (these are the ones that plug into your harddrives for power. I tied a set into the ECU wiring and the corresponding set was connected to the LM1 & LM2. This way I wont have to splice into the ECU wiring every time I want to connect the wideband.

The cigarette lighter connection was not adequate for providing 12v power to the LM1. For this, I got a cigarette lighter socket extension cord which I hard wired to the battery.

I used the O2 sensor bung already present on my downpipe for the wideband sensor with an aluminum heatsink plate to shield it from excess heat. When I pull my downpipe next, I plan on placing another bung on the downpipe just before the cat and leaving the stock sensor in place. For my present setup I took an old O2 sensor and cut off the connector which I spliced onto the analog-in wire so the ECU would see an O2 sensor signal.

If you get temp and ohm load numbers for your coolant temp and IAT sensors, I would appreciate seeing that data.

Any questions, let me know.

-chuck
Old 11-13-06, 03:43 PM

Some nice stuff there i would be interested in how i get a boost signal from defi link gauges to goto the LMA-2.
Also where and how did you get the tps% and where did you tap the rpm, from the ecu ?
ta steve
Old 11-13-06, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by jmadams74
I'm guessing you don't have a Power FC ECU? I got the lc-1 with the xd-16 guage and wired it all into the Power FC with datalogit software. . .fantastic setup overall!
Unfortunatly i dont have a pfc i only have a HKS F-CON but i have a GCC with it so i can lean or richen through the RPM range.

Apexi Power FC is next on my shopping list.
Old 11-15-06, 05:39 PM
Warming the planet.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's a current log file. I like the LM-1 to log because of the onboard logging, there's no need to have your lap in the car.

Old 11-15-06, 05:54 PM

That looks nice and smooth.
Just got the LM-1 o2 part set up today and mine is kinda jumpy, did the clean are calibration but every time i change gear i get sky hight readings like in the 20s and above, sometimes upto 50 on the LM-1 screen, for now im guessing this is normal as the injectors are cut when lifting (correct me if im wrong).

Also how did you tap your RPM, From the ECU 2B conector ?

Last Question : how do i log Boost on the LMA-2, From map sensor ? (excuse my lack of knowlage on this matter but it would be nice to have someone to pickup the nessasary info from.

Thanx in advance.
Old 11-15-06, 07:03 PM
The shy megalomaniac

Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts
Right now, my LMA-2 is hooked up to the boost sensor and RPM (both tapped at the ECU connector)

I plan on adding some things like tps% a little later.
Old 11-16-06, 01:42 PM

Ok got LM-1 hooked up to Wideband sensor and all is good.
LMA-2 is now hooked up to the RPM via the ECU 2B wire.
Now i gota find where to tap for Boost, Any tips ?
Old 11-17-06, 12:55 PM

OK am a little confused as people use different terms to discribe the same thing.
Are the MAP sensor and Boost sensor the same thing ?
Can i tap the boost reading for the LM-1 wideband straight from this?
Is it 0-5v and do you think the boost sensor for the AVC-R would be a better place and is this 0-5v ?
Any help would be nice.
Thanx
Old 11-17-06, 04:22 PM
Warming the planet.

Use pin 1O Green/Yellow at the ecu. In the configure channles, menu set unit of measurement to psi, set -19.30psi = 0.00 volt, and 18.60psi = 5.00 volt
Old 11-18-06, 06:17 PM

Here is a link for the ECU pinout diagrams.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/r...Mazda_RX-7.php

Does anyone have some resistance/voltage data for the IAT sensor and coolant temp sensor that I can compare with the data I have?

Originally Posted by Gadd
Use pin 1O Green/Yellow at the ecu. In the configure channles, menu set unit of measurement to psi, set -19.30psi = 0.00 volt, and 18.60psi = 5.00 volt
I was curious as to where and/or how did you come up with these numbers? I have been having a bitch of a time trying to get numbers that work and get accurate results from my system.

-chuck
Old 11-18-06, 09:22 PM
Warming the planet.

I just put compressed air to the map sensor and sampled the voltage. I think I used 12 psi for the high and 0 for the low. The software expands the scale to 0 to 5 volt.

Quick Reply: Innovate LM-1 + LMA-2 RPM Wideband Lambda Controler Kit