2nd Generation Non-Technical and pictures Show off your car & view 2nd gen RX-7 pictures here.
Sponsored by:

Back in the game with a TII

Old 10-14-13, 10:38 AM
  #1  
Full Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Mr. 8R6X7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 143
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Back in the game with a TII

How's it going guys! It's been a long time coming but I finally did it! I'm back in the rotary game with an S5 TII! I was mainly looking for any good condition FC but I knew I would always want to upgrade to the TII so I just took the plunge. I used to own an S5 GXL years ago which I missed so much. That was my first exposure to rotary and what can I say, it is completely different from pistons. Anyways, it needs work as would any car over 20 years old but I am glad to say that it is all original and not a conversion. I hope to make it a project someday soon which I will start a new thread for when the time is right. Here is a picture of it for now. Taken the first day I purchased it! SevenStock here I come!!!

Name:  1277652_567481886634892_566763515_o_zps395b6cd2.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  52.0 KB
Mr. 8R6X7 is offline  
Old 10-14-13, 01:24 PM
  #2  
is that a wankel.
iTrader: (14)
 
demon721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Middle of Georgia
Posts: 512
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
welcome back to the game car looks good what are ur future modsand plans.
demon721 is offline  
Old 10-14-13, 02:09 PM
  #3  
Full Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Mr. 8R6X7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 143
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by demon721 View Post
welcome back to the game car looks good what are ur future modsand plans.
Thanks man! It currently has a full RB exhaust, an ARC blow off valve, short shifter, and Intrax lowering springs. I first plan on doing some cooling system upgrades such as a Koyo Radiator and hoses, and fixing the know problems such as an inop rpm gauge, inop boost gauge, inop right window, and leaking water pump. Then upgrades on wear items such as brakes, suspension bushings, tires etc... followed a reliable 300hp motor rebuild, Project Mu brake pads and rotors, coilovers, JDM window visors, and rear carbon fiber diffuser.
Mr. 8R6X7 is offline  
Old 10-14-13, 02:38 PM
  #4  
Dirty Harry
iTrader: (5)
 
MaczPayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,659
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Borrow a variable speed buffer, some pads, Klasse All-in-one / Meguiar's #83, and some sealant glaze. With a little elbow grease that faded red paint will be blaze red again!

Name:  CIMG2361.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  221.1 KB
Name:  IMG02887-20101225-0934.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  88.0 KB
Name:  IMG02892-20101225-1518.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  107.3 KB
MaczPayne is offline  
Old 10-14-13, 02:51 PM
  #5  
is that a wankel.
iTrader: (14)
 
demon721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Middle of Georgia
Posts: 512
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. 8R6X7 View Post
Thanks man! It currently has a full RB exhaust, an ARC blow off valve, short shifter, and Intrax lowering springs. I first plan on doing some cooling system upgrades such as a Koyo Radiator and hoses, and fixing the know problems such as an inop rpm gauge, inop boost gauge, inop right window, and leaking water pump. Then upgrades on wear items such as brakes, suspension bushings, tires etc... followed a reliable 300hp motor rebuild, Project Mu brake pads and rotors, coilovers, JDM window visors, and rear carbon fiber diffuser.

hell yeah man sounds good. cant wait to see more pics of it on here. good luck with everything...
demon721 is offline  
Old 10-14-13, 02:57 PM
  #6  
Full Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Mr. 8R6X7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 143
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MaczPayne View Post
Borrow a variable speed buffer, some pads, Klasse All-in-one / Meguiar's #83, and some sealant glaze. With a little elbow grease that faded red paint will be blaze red again!
Wow man that came out great! How long does the shine last? Or how often do you have to repeat the process to keep it looking like that?

Demon721... Thanks bro! I'm excited about it. I already have the oem TII wheels on all corners and gave it a good wash.
Mr. 8R6X7 is offline  
Old 10-17-13, 02:22 PM
  #7  
Dirty Harry
iTrader: (5)
 
MaczPayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,659
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. 8R6X7 View Post

Wow man that came out great! How long does the shine last? Or how often do you have to repeat the process to keep it looking like
It'll take a good part of a day to do it the first time. After all, the paint has been neglected for who knows how many years! After it's all said and done, the look should last 6 or more months depending on where you live (for me, 6). Upkeep is simply wash, claybar, and reapplication of AIO and klasse sealant glaze.
MaczPayne is offline  
Old 10-17-13, 03:07 PM
  #8  
B O R I C U A
iTrader: (14)
 
KNONFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: VA
Posts: 5,379
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
NICE!!

Loving the wheels and front lip look!!
KNONFS is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Back in the game with a TII


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: