Interior / Exterior / Audio Talk about interior and exterior mods including audio.

PureRx7 Project 2009: Clean, Mean & Sexy

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-09, 11:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
PureRx7 Project 2009: Clean, Mean & Sexy

This is going to be a build thread to show the progress of the car has it changes from various stages. My goal is to finish the exterior in three months. Lets start from the very beginning.
This was the car four years ago right after I added new wheels, was originally bought bone stock:

Than a year later, I was fortunate enough to come across a set of rotary run racing lights. I added that, feed front, feed sideskirts and cwest rear. All still in VR.

I decided to change the wheels, front bumper, new hood and re-paint the car.

Of course I was not happy with the advans, so I went with a set of work wheels and added ganador mirrors:

That is how that car sits today. Here are the plans for 2009.

Project Plans:
Aero
Front bumper: Shine Feed front, feed lens covers, 99 spec lights. I do not like the way the feed combination lights look behind the lens, so I am just going to go with the 99spec.
Side skirts: Feed CF
Mirrors: Ganador
Rear: My goal here is to fix the transition from the side to the rear, I actually like the way the c-west rear bumper looks from the side, but it does not flow from the side-skirts to the rear. Changing the side-skirts is not an option. I also dont like the rear of the c-west, where it has two openings for an exhaust. I am going back to the stock bumper and adding shine CF re-amemiya pro diffuser, cf center valence, and CF craftsqaure addons which will flow perfectly with the feed CF sideskirts.
Headlights: Going back to stock, probably pick up a set of knightsports lights.
Hood: FRP ad9 hood, I am sick of the CF hood, just want a painted one now.
Fenders: R-magic. By FAR the best fenders available for the FD, very subtle and add 15mm. I HATE that you can see the tire when looking from behind on the feed fenders.
Spolier: CF shine low profile spoiler. Still undecided on this, I will go wingless if I dont choose this wing.
Basically my goal is this but in a dark red, the r-magic fenders will also give it a more aggressive stance, and mine will have feed lens covers:

Wheels: Right now I have 18" work vs-xx wheels in chrome/ polish, I LOVE the design, so I think I am just going to a 19" wheel in satin black like so with red lug nuts:

Color:
I am undecided if I am going to keep the current color (laser red with gold pearl) or just re-paint the whole car. I would definitely appreciate some input here. If I do repaint the car, I will do something close to a candy apple red, maybe shift red from yamaha:

current color

Interior
Seats: Recaro Pole position seats, similar to spirit r seats. Bought these from Ramy, FRP backing

Dash: Re-painted Piano Black
Headunit: Double Din, either new eclipse or alpine unit
Speakers: Rainbow pro front and back, powered by audison lrx 6 channel amp, might upgrade to a new amp that can give more power. I will build an amp rack soon, just need to design one. This is what is currently in the hatch:

Door Pales: Will see what happens with the redline group buy, if not, they will be covered in black leather with red stitching.
Carpet: Going to a black carpet and black floormats, un-decided if I am going to keep the rear 1/4 panels and bins tans or change them to black.
Steering Wheel: Nardi Deep Corn leather, red stitching.
Misc: Spirit R shift ****, e-brake, and boot. Might go to a 2002 cluster if the funds allow for it.

Engine
Currently the engine has a pettit streetport, pettit rebuilt twins, pettit intake, downpipe, hks carbon ti, Efini ypipe, hks intercooler pipes.
Intake: Carbon AutoExe intake, absolutely beautiful
Turbos: Going to stay on the stock twins, might move to the BNR's, I am not looking to make a ton of whp, as my car is my dd and it has enough problems already:
TB Elbow: Polished Feed Elbow
SMIC: Either Blitz or Re-Amemiya
Strut Bar: Feed. I already have this
Exhaust: Something rare and titanium from Japan, either feed ti, amuse ti or arc ti. Some kind of titanium mid-pipe as well.
Misc. Polished UIM, TB, intake piping, red torque brace, red hood dampers, need to decide on what brand couplers I am going to go with, but they will be red. Some kind or radiator cooling panel, probably cabring, I will wrap this in CF.

Suspension
Aragosta or Zeal, whatever I can get at a reasonable price in good condition.
Brakes:
Willwood big brake kit up front.

I am sure I am forgetting a TON of stuff, but I will update the thread as things come in. Who says money cant buy happiness? I am grinning from ear to ear just writing about all of this.

One last picture before the transformation begins:

P.S. Buy my blitz fmic so I can fund this project
Old 01-06-09, 11:33 AM
Lives on the Forum

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
Why don't you go with a feed hood instead of the ad9? If you look closely at the blue fd you posted it looks like an angry raptor dinosaur if you look long enough hehe..

I wouldn't put a low profile spoiler, imo just leave it wingless. Wingless is very clean and sexy. Good luck on the project
Old 01-06-09, 11:49 AM

Location: Panama, Panama/ Boca Raton, FL/ Santa Cruz, Bolivia
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Repaint car with Ferrari's red Rosso Corsa, the best red paint ever. period.
Old 01-06-09, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want your headlights!!!! lol good luck on the build
Old 01-06-09, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by 7_rocket
Why don't you go with a feed hood instead of the ad9? If you look closely at the blue fd you posted it looks like an angry raptor dinosaur if you look long enough hehe..

I wouldn't put a low profile spoiler, imo just leave it wingless. Wingless is very clean and sexy. Good luck on the project
Not a big fan of the feed hood to be honest, looks ok but just isnt my taste. The problem with the blue car is that:
1. The feed intake headlight cover throws it off, I will have the plain covers.
2. Stock fenders. I think with the wider front fenders, the car will attain a different and more aggressive look.

Originally Posted by Jeffc3s
Repaint car with Ferrari's red Rosso Corsa, the best red paint ever. period.
Rossa Corsa is not a dark enough red, if I was do to a ferrari color it would probably be something similar to this:

Originally Posted by FORTUNEBV
I want your headlights!!!! lol good luck on the build
Thanks headlights are already sold.
Old 01-06-09, 03:00 PM
Lives on the Forum

Originally Posted by purerx7
Not a big fan of the feed hood to be honest, looks ok but just isnt my taste. The problem with the blue car is that:
1. The feed intake headlight cover throws it off, I will have the plain covers.
2. Stock fenders. I think with the wider front fenders, the car will attain a different and more aggressive look.

Well I'm a fan of the feed widebody kit. I guess your front and rear fenders will set it all off. Nice choice of color too, if I was going to go red or redish I"d go with something that is very dark that has alot of pop when you wash that bad boy.

*IMO* over the top hoods ruin the car. But hey to each his own.
Old 01-06-09, 03:07 PM
Lives on the Forum

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AutoEXE intake IS beautiful! Where are you going to get it?!? JHDjapan?
Old 01-06-09, 03:11 PM

Well I'm a fan of the feed widebody kit. I guess your front and rear fenders will set it all off. Nice choice of color too, if I was going to go red or redish I"d go with something that is very dark that has alot of pop when you wash that bad boy.

*IMO* over the top hoods ruin the car. But hey to each his own.
You are making me have second thoughts on the hood now We will see, definitely going to be FRP this time though. Will be stock rear fenders, as I really like how smooth and clean the stock rear fenders look. I am going for a more mean but subtle look, instead of a track look, if that makes sense.

Originally Posted by mrb63083
AutoEXE intake IS beautiful! Where are you going to get it?!? JHDjapan?
Not sure yet, I will source it used from Japan though.
Old 01-06-09, 03:34 PM
Lives on the Forum

Wouldn't aftermarket front fenders and stock rear fenders look off? Blah what do I know I never seen aftermarket fenders in person. I'd search around on the forum for different ideas and such. I'll help ya out since I have nothing better to do at work
Old 01-06-09, 03:44 PM
ONLY FD OWNER IN MY STATE

if i get you a set og knightsports, can i have your rotary runs?
Old 01-06-09, 05:06 PM

Wouldn't aftermarket front fenders and stock rear fenders look off? Blah what do I know I never seen aftermarket fenders in person. I'd search around on the forum for different ideas and such. I'll help ya out since I have nothing better to do at work
Depends on the fenders, from the side you cant even tell they are after-market fenders. When you look at them from the front though, it gives a nicer wide stance, not as wide as the feed front fenders. Very OEMish, I believe they add 10MM. You can see from these pictures that they look like they came from the factory, very very clean.

taken for good measure
Old 01-06-09, 09:31 PM
Lives on the Forum

I'm not a fan of those seats, honestly they look cheap "looking" some nice black recaro's or spraco would set it off! Your rims are hot..

edit.. I'm not trying to be a jerk..
Old 01-06-09, 09:49 PM

I'm not a fan of those seats, honestly they look cheap "looking" some nice black recaro's or spraco would set it off! Your rims are hot..

edit.. I'm not trying to be a jerk..
aahhh your changing all my plans

I am 100% decided I am painting the car Rosso Fiorana
Old 01-07-09, 03:54 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Good luck with your 2009 project, pure.

Dam that colour is nice haha.
Old 01-07-09, 08:09 AM
1.5 Goodfella's Tall

Can't wait to see this in person!
Old 01-07-09, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NICE !!! I like the idea for your 2009 Project. But then again, I might be biased considering that you pretty much described my car LOL !!! =) (except a thing or two). I'll post some pics.

In my case I would go with the low profile spoiler. When I first installed the Re-Amemiya Rear Diffuser with the Craft Square and Feed Sides, with no spoiler, I noticed that the top of the trunk needed a bit more height and the Low Profile is Perfect. I post some pics later today so you can see what I mean. Good Luck with your Build!! I promise you will enjoy it.

Carlos - Evil M5
Old 01-07-09, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by EVIL M5
NICE !!! I like the idea for your 2009 Project. But then again, I might be biased considering that you pretty much described my car LOL !!! =) (except a thing or two). I'll post some pics.

In my case I would go with the low profile spoiler. When I first installed the Re-Amemiya Rear Diffuser with the Craft Square and Feed Sides, with no spoiler, I noticed that the top of the trunk needed a bit more height and the Low Profile is Perfect. I post some pics later today so you can see what I mean. Good Luck with your Build!! I promise you will enjoy it.

Carlos - Evil M5
If you could PM me some pics, that would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 01-07-09, 02:17 PM

Bwahahaha... Jeff's mindtricks does it again LOL

I got my Fc painted recently, and I wanted to paint it with Rosso Corsa, but I ended up painting it with Red Blaze (factory paint) and I got suprised how good it look Ill post some pics later.
Old 01-07-09, 02:27 PM

Closest pic with Rosso Fiorana?

Old 01-07-09, 04:30 PM
Still got it.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Roll & pull your fenders 15mm

It will give an oldschool look.

Reference Ken's car from Shine Auto

I think he runs 20" In the rear & 19" up front.

It's one of the best looking (VIP'ish) FD's I have ever seen.

D CUPS' FD Is also a great source to pull from.

Good luck, can't wait to see how she turns out!
Old 01-07-09, 07:54 PM

Just ordered:
Feed front bumper
CF TWILL Pro Diffuser
CF TWILL center valence
CF TWILL craftsqaure addons.
Cant wait! Now I just need someone to buy my blitz fmic.

Originally Posted by Jeffc3s
Closest pic with Rosso Fiorana?

Not bad, I am starting to think rosso fiorano is too burgandyish/purpleish out of the light. I wish I could get a color that is close to the Rosso Foriano when the light hits it, but the same color at night. I might end of going with shift red from yamaha:

Originally Posted by sk8erpunk1983
Roll & pull your fenders 15mm

It will give an oldschool look.

Reference Ken's car from Shine Auto

I think he runs 20" In the rear & 19" up front.

It's one of the best looking (VIP'ish) FD's I have ever seen.

D CUPS' FD Is also a great source to pull from.

Good luck, can't wait to see how she turns out!
Not a big fan of the rear fender pull, I love the VIP lip that the wheels provide but I find it silly to run a 255 on a 11 or 12" tire, with a ridiculous low offset. I also HATE how the tire sticks well outside the rear fender, the look just is not for me. I would much rather have a 10" wheel that sits flush and a fat 295 tire on the rear, I can deal with only a 3" lip.
Old 01-08-09, 12:23 AM
R.I.P. Icemark

Rear bumper needs to go or the matching side skirts need to be added, the lower line of the car is completely broken and haggard looking. Not saying my FD looks better, because it definitely doesn't
Old 01-08-09, 10:48 AM

delete.

Last edited by DMoneyRX-7; 01-15-09 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-08-09, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by staticguitar313
Rear bumper needs to go or the matching side skirts need to be added, the lower line of the car is completely broken and haggard looking. Not saying my FD looks better, because it definitely doesn't
First post in thread.
Originally Posted by purerx7
Rear: My goal here is to fix the transition from the side to the rear, I actually like the way the c-west rear bumper looks from the side, but it does not flow from the side-skirts to the rear. Changing the side-skirts is not an option. I also dont like the rear of the c-west, where it has two openings for an exhaust. I am going back to the stock bumper and adding shine CF re-amemiya pro diffuser, cf center valence, and CF craftsqaure addons which will flow perfectly with the feed CF sideskirts.
Old 01-08-09, 03:13 PM
R.I.P. Icemark

Don't know i skipped over that, must have been all the pretty pics. Your plans for changing the flow are awesome. I honestly don't think theres anything better than the stock bumper for the shape of this car.

Quick Reply: PureRx7 Project 2009: Clean, Mean & Sexy