Midwest RX-7 Forum Serving KY, IN, IL, MO, MI, WI, IA, MN, ND, SD, NE, KS

July 6th Shawnee Mission Park Rotary Meet

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-08, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
July 6th Shawnee Mission Park Rotary Meet

Come one, come all to the July 6th Rotary Meet at the majestic Shawnee Mission Park! Input is still needed on food, which part of the park specifically, and mini-events besides the aforementioned park cruise. It may be handy to have a list of who will be attending, so I'll start by putting myself on the ticket:

1. Liltoflm

A cheap and simple option for food would be to, if we have a count on how many are attending, pick up several $5 pizzas and pop them open for to slaughter. If we knew we'd have a spot to do so, however, it'd be nice to get some flames moving on some meat. Spout your ideas and thoughts, please.

The park's a great place for a cruise, but also constantly swarming with twig pigs, in addition to a few that have somehow gotten airborne, watching from above in an Orwellian fashion, so best to keep it to just that, a cruise. Award-giving for things like "best in show" or "best engine" has also come up, and would be great if you put aside the simple fact that we are all broke . Other than the food, we need something else to beef up the event, draw a few more rotorheads out of the woodwork, and make it more fun all-around.

We've got almost two weeks to brainstorm and get the word out, so let's get the wankel-powered think-tank rolling.
Old 06-25-08, 08:55 PM
GSL-SE YA!!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
will check my work schedule tomorrow. im down for grilling some food!

i would win worst paint/dents lol, i wish i could get them fixed befor the meet
Old 06-25-08, 09:41 PM
Out In the Barn

Received 1,015 Likes on 801 Posts
1. Liltoflm
2. KansasCityREPU
Old 06-25-08, 10:27 PM
HKS obsessed

you know ill be there man! RX-7 or not... : )

1. Liltoflm
2. KansasCityREPU
3. blackedoutFC3S
Old 06-25-08, 11:07 PM
need hood

1. Liltoflm
2. KansasCityREPU
3. blackedoutFC3S
4. Jake

I was too late last time around. And as for pizza, i can eat a whole one by myself, so i think ill eat before hand.

I nominate myself for "The worst decals that won't come off and I have no idea who put them on"
Old 06-26-08, 12:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you know i'll be there

1. Liltoflm
2. KansasCityREPU
3. blackedoutFC3S
4. jake
5. raindog
Old 06-26-08, 09:30 AM

Brian and I will most likely be there. If Brent gets Brians car running we'll be rollin 2 deep.
1. Liltoflm
2. KansasCityREPU
3. blackedoutFC3S
4. jake
5. raindog
6. FCGizmo
7. Poweredby13b
Old 06-26-08, 03:17 PM

FCGizmo, do you still have that header around you mentioned a couple months ago? I could never get it tracked down. I'd be interested in picking it up off of you at the meet if the price and the condition is right. I'm liking the turnout numbers so far, and still have some calls to make myself. Is cheap pizza the verdict for food, or did anyone have other propositions?
Old 06-26-08, 05:52 PM
HKS obsessed

i think cheap pizza would be the easiest and maybe some two liters of soda?

oh and i think we should have a competition for the best sounding RX-7, and then one from each gen
Old 06-26-08, 09:38 PM
GSL-SE YA!!!

i drove a customers black 91 vert today and i fell in love with it. i was going to let the owner know about the meet on the 6th but it was an old lady driving it and so i decided not to.

did you post this up on the RX-8 and other local forums?
Old 06-27-08, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Liltoflm
FCGizmo, do you still have that header around you mentioned a couple months ago? I could never get it tracked down. I'd be interested in picking it up off of you at the meet if the price and the condition is right. I'm liking the turnout numbers so far, and still have some calls to make myself. Is cheap pizza the verdict for food, or did anyone have other propositions?
I acutually got around to putting it on my car, with some slight forcefit/modification.
Old 06-27-08, 06:07 PM

I will be there with mine for sure, we'll have to see about the new gxl
Old 06-29-08, 06:50 PM
HKS obsessed

we gotta get more people then this fellas! and im proud to say that after my car is filled up with trasmission oil in the next few days and everythings prepped my car will officially be ready for the 6th
Old 06-29-08, 08:01 PM

Brian and I will most likely be there. If Brent gets Brians car running we'll be rollin 2 deep.
1. Liltoflm
2. KansasCityREPU
3. blackedoutFC3S
4. jake
5. raindog
6. FCGizmo
7. Poweredby13b
8. Gentimmy

i'll be there provided I can get it past inspection and licensed by july 6, how far from STL?
Old 06-29-08, 08:03 PM

Speaking of ready, anyone wanna help me get this GXL off the jack stands? Rebuilt it, I could get it to start earlier today, wouldn't stay running though. Then as soon as I try to show it off to my wife that it actually runs, it won't start anymore
Old 06-29-08, 08:14 PM
HKS obsessed

Originally Posted by st1llet0
Speaking of ready, anyone wanna help me get this GXL off the jack stands? Rebuilt it, I could get it to start earlier today, wouldn't stay running though. Then as soon as I try to show it off to my wife that it actually runs, it won't start anymore
i bet if a couple of us met up with you we might be able to get it started... is it cranking over and just not starting up? and where are you located?
Old 06-30-08, 02:43 AM

1. Liltoflm
2. KansasCityREPU
3. blackedoutFC3S
4. jake
5. raindog
6. FCGizmo
7. Poweredby13b
8. Gentimmy
9. Justinryckert

i should be able to get off. it will be nice to be around people that know what their talking about. my friends dont know anything bout my car.
Old 07-03-08, 07:43 AM

I haven't been able to get ahold of a whole lot of people, everyone's outta town the whole weekend. I'll bring a few pizzas to ze park and we'll see what happens. To reiterate, we'll be meeting at this location unless anyone proposes otherwise. If the shelter is in use that day, there's a trail behind the lot that has some seating, or we can roam elsewhere and leave a note. Input?
Old 07-03-08, 04:07 PM
HKS obsessed

Originally Posted by Liltoflm
I haven't been able to get ahold of a whole lot of people, everyone's outta town the whole weekend. I'll bring a few pizzas to ze park and we'll see what happens. To reiterate, we'll be meeting at this location unless anyone proposes otherwise. If the shelter is in use that day, there's a trail behind the lot that has some seating, or we can roam elsewhere and leave a note. Input?
which shelter is that curtis?

and ya i thought there would be a lot better turn out on here then there has been so far, i hope a lot more show up. as long as the RX holds this time ill be up there with my girlfriend fo sho
Old 07-03-08, 06:57 PM

my rx isn't ready. still need brake lines and exhaust. if anyones got an exhaust kit laying around (cat and everything) hit me up
Old 07-03-08, 07:17 PM
HKS obsessed

Originally Posted by gentimmy
my rx isn't ready. still need brake lines and exhaust. if anyones got an exhaust kit laying around (cat and everything) hit me up
id give you my stock exhaust for like 20 bucks, but i dont have a cat to go with it
Old 07-03-08, 08:42 PM
Out In the Barn

Received 1,015 Likes on 801 Posts
I got insurance and plates for the REPU today. I took the truck for a drive also. Once I got on the highway and up to speed, the carburetor problem went away. Now I just need to fix the squealing alternator/water pump belt. I even have a double pulley and it still squeals. I'll be there on Sunday. It starts at 1:00 pm?

Eric
Old 07-03-08, 08:46 PM
HKS obsessed

Originally Posted by KansasCityREPU
I got insurance and plates for the REPU today. I took the truck for a drive also. Once I got on the highway and up to speed, the carburetor problem went away. Now I just need to fix the squealing alternator/water pump belt. I even have a double pulley and it still squeals. I'll be there on Sunday. It starts at 1:00 pm?

Eric
dude thats so good to hear man! ya 1 and you better be there dude, last time i didnt have my car there but i went to hang out and i was hoping youd be there so bad cuz my girlfriend loves old trucks so i wanted her to see, plus all of us do too ha. hope to see you there man
Old 07-04-08, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by blackedoutFC3S
id give you my stock exhaust for like 20 bucks, but i dont have a cat to go with it
i'd appreciate you hookin a brother up, i'm in STL though
Old 07-04-08, 08:39 PM
GSL-SE YA!!!

1. Liltoflm
2. KansasCityREPU
3. blackedoutFC3S
4. jake
5. raindog
6. FCGizmo
7. Poweredby13b
8. Gentimmy