NE RX-7 Forum Serving ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, DE, PA, OH, WV, MD and VA

CHANGE NJ TINT LAW 39:3-75, Sign The Petition Everyone!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-07, 09:05 AM
Rotary Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CHANGE NJ TINT LAW 39:3-75, Sign The Petition Everyone!!

The petition is to help revise the tint law in New Jersey so that you can have tint on the front windows. Everyone in New Jersey should sign it!!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takea...ltl=1175982333
Old 06-19-07, 09:59 AM
What?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why do you need front tint??
Old 06-19-07, 10:15 AM
Rotary Freak

I like having tint on the van on the 2 front windows. It helps with the glare all year round and no I'm not talking about the windshield. This petition is just for the 2 front windows.
Old 06-19-07, 02:02 PM
What?

Ahh, ok. I have no issues in CT with my tint, but I always drive with the windows down.
Old 06-19-07, 03:11 PM
GxL/T2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 95nracer
The petition is to help revise the tint law in New Jersey so that you can have tint on the front windows. Everyone in New Jersey should sign it!!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takea...ltl=1175982333
I signed it i will post it in other forums and will tell my friends about it.
Old 06-20-07, 07:13 AM
amp
old yella

Received 97 Likes on 58 Posts
useless petition imho.. just like the no front license petition that seems to have been around for decades..
Old 06-20-07, 03:10 PM

this will never happen because the cops are opposed to changing the law.

they say that it endangers them because they can't see a possible suspect through the window if he is attempting to draw against them before they walk up.
Old 06-20-07, 05:34 PM
Rotary Enthusiast

if im going to shoot a cop coming up to my window, it doesnt matter if i have tint or not, a bullet goes thru tint just as good as it goes through clear glass.

kevin.
Old 06-21-07, 06:33 AM
Eats, Sleeps, Dreams Rotary

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by teknics
if im going to shoot a cop coming up to my window, it doesnt matter if i have tint or not, a bullet goes thru tint just as good as it goes through clear glass.
kevin.
Yes, but he'll be able to see you make a move if not tinted. Also, have you ever come into an intersection when the car to the right has tinted front windows? You have no idea whether they have seen you or not. If the glare is that bad, get stronger sunglasses!
Old 06-21-07, 03:05 PM
Rotary Enthusiast

why would i wait for the cop to get out of the car and get to my window?

if im gonna shoot him then by the time im pulled over i already made the decision and i'll have it ready.

who the hell would decide last second to shoot him?

nj sucks.

kevin.
Old 06-22-07, 11:36 AM
GxL/T2

1) If anyone decides to shoot a cop is foolish because the cops are going to make sure you are dead before you make it to court.
2) If you make it to court you are probably going to spend the rest of your life in Jail being bubbas b1tch.
3) If by any chance you decide to try to do it now most police have cameras and when you are pulled over they report whom they have pulled over and in most cases that's why you see 2 or 3 cops when one car is pulled over is to make sure the cop is ok, and if you get away you are the primary suspect in which case we go back to 1.
4) If any decides to shoot a cop i'm pretty sure that the tinted windows are not going to make a difference. Either the gun will be on under your lap or somewhere where it's not visible and will probably shoot them either when they first pull up or when they walk away.
5) I have my windows tinted and when i get pulled over i make sure that i roll down both windows when the cop is approaching and have my interior lights on and my hands visible so the cop wont think i'm trying to hide something.
6) I love the tints on my care because since our car ride so low we don't get blinded by the lights of other vehicles specially trucks and people that drive with their high beams on.
7) When anyone is driving we have to be responsible and you can't assume the other person is always paying attention because that's not always the case, so what difference does it make whether you could see the other persons face or not? if you run into that person what are you going to tell the cop? oh i saw him and i thought that he/she was paying attention?
8) I think that every one should sign the petition, regardless of the outcome. We never know.
Old 06-22-07, 02:38 PM
17 second FD

I covered this petition in another forum, so copy/paste...

Tint laws are NOT going to change, regardless of how many people petition it. Dark window tint is a danger to law enforcement officers when they are approaching a vehicle. Some tints are so dark, a guy can have a gun pointed at an unsuspecting officer without him even knowing it. I think you have the same chance of this law changing as you would if you tried to have a petition to make murder legal.
Old 06-22-07, 02:50 PM
What?

^^ Word!
Old 06-22-07, 04:24 PM
Rotary Freak

It would be nice to atleast have 30-40% tint on the front windows and I agree anything below 20% for the front is way to dark to see at night.
Old 06-22-07, 04:32 PM
Terminal Project

you can't have tint at all? Most states are a certain percentage. I think DE is around 30 or 35. I actually have 5%, nobody bothers me though. What happens if I drive through NJ with tint? Can they give me a ticket even if it is legal in my own state?
Old 06-22-07, 05:34 PM
17 second FD

Originally Posted by JamesVaughn3rd
Can they give me a ticket even if it is legal in my own state?
Yes. Think of it this way... your state has a 65 mph speed limit, but this other state is 55. Just because you're from out of state, doesn't mean you can drive faster than everyone else. Its the same thing with tint... and everything else for that matter.
Old 06-22-07, 05:39 PM
In the burnout box...

Each state can make their own laws. Just like if you go out of the country you have to abide by their laws.
Old 06-22-07, 08:11 PM
Rotary Freak

We aren't allowed to have any tint on the 2 front windows.

I have out of state tags on my FC and they don't bother me with the tint on it, but the van with NJ tags will fail inspection or get harrassed by the police.
Old 06-22-07, 10:07 PM
chosen 1

if you are from another state and are passing though they can not give you a ticket also back windows are legal and can be black as a cop comes up to the car they can not see,so what does that have to do with the side doors and cant see .... all I know is that my windows are black and all my cop friends have tint on there cars...
Attached Thumbnails CHANGE NJ TINT LAW 39:3-75, Sign The Petition Everyone!!-meet8.jpg  
Old 06-23-07, 12:16 AM
Terminal Project

Originally Posted by MADDSLOW
Yes. Think of it this way... your state has a 65 mph speed limit, but this other state is 55. Just because you're from out of state, doesn't mean you can drive faster than everyone else. Its the same thing with tint... and everything else for that matter.
I'm not sure it works exactly like that. Someone said something about the front license plate. I know I can't be given a ticket for that since DE doesn't require a front license plate.

Same as emissions, I don't believe you have to pass emissions in Kentucky (I may be wrong about that) or some states are less strict. But I know I cannot be given a Smog ticket in California if my car isn't registered in that state.
Old 06-23-07, 12:36 AM
17 second FD

Originally Posted by JamesVaughn3rd
I'm not sure it works exactly like that. Someone said something about the front license plate. I know I can't be given a ticket for that since DE doesn't require a front license plate.

Same as emissions, I don't believe you have to pass emissions in Kentucky (I may be wrong about that) or some states are less strict. But I know I cannot be given a Smog ticket in California if my car isn't registered in that state.
Hmm, I didn't think about the Cali smog rule...

All I can say is that if a state has passed a law like that, then they have thought about it for a long time. A petition will NOT change their mind.

As to why the sides are illegal and not the back, my guess is its because even iff your back window is 5%, you can still see in the car. When the fronts are tinted, you can't see a damn thing. Its a safety issue for the police, and is something that should not be debated.
Old 06-23-07, 02:58 AM
In the burnout box...

You mean shenanigans?
Old 06-23-07, 02:59 AM
In the burnout box...

Its shenanigans right?
Old 06-23-07, 11:16 AM
GxL/T2

Originally Posted by Jose Feliciano
if you are from another state and are passing though they can not give you a ticket also back windows are legal and can be black as a cop comes up to the car they can not see,so what does that have to do with the side doors and cant see .... all I know is that my windows are black and all my cop friends have tint on there cars...
Yes they can give you ticket. Even though you are just passing through the state. They are not supposed to, but you would have to go to court and prove that they are legal in your state. It happened to me once. I got a ticket in the shitty state of Delaware (All my tickes have been from that state) and i told the cop that they are legal in my state and he said that they are illegal in DE so i had to suck it up. I paid the ticket because i was not going to travel back to fight for it but yes they could give you ticket. My friend is a cop too and he got tints. They are not supposed to have it either. Cops get away because they have the shield, but anyone can make a complaint about it and call internal affairs on ther behind and then he would be investigated and he would have to remove his tints.
Old 06-23-07, 08:33 PM
chosen 1

both my brothers are cops I have the hookup