NE RX-7 Forum Serving ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, DE, PA, OH, WV, MD and VA

Rotorfest 2007 New England Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-07, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Rotorfest 2007 New England Caravan

Well since Jason posted his thread about the caravan from NYC figured since no one has stepped up to bat for the New England area I'd do the pleasure.

Since those of us in New England are the farthest away we are sadly gonna have to get our asses up nice and early (Re: Crack of Dawn!) and haul *** down there. According to Mapquest its a 4hr45min drive to the Dragway, but we are making a detour of sorts to meet up with the NJ/NYC Caravans. The detour is to Exit 48 on I-80 West.

Right now I'm planning on a solid trip down 95 through RI, CT, and obviously NY, in NY we'll connect on to I-80 and haul to exit 48. Mapquest gave me some round about way which we could still take but looking at the map it would actualy add some time onto the trip to meet up with the Caravan.

I'm up for changing the route if enough people are from Centeral MA but right now I'm basing this offa my own personal trip and the hopes several from the MA shores and RI will be game for this. Start time will have to be early like about 6am. Yes I know early (which is why I fear alot of you wont be game for this ) but the highways will be empty for the most part.

The meeting point is up in the air since I'm unsure at the moment where everyone is going to be coming from. If enough people come from the MA shores if you will I'm thinking of Joes American Bar and Grill in Dedham which is right off of 128/95 (I've met with HolyCross here and I think its a great local since the parkinglot is huge and no bushes block the view of the highway to watch/wait for people. In RI well I have no idea where a good place to meet at would be but if someone from RI joins in and we are still going through there they could suggest a spot to hook up. In CT well I'm a fan of New Haven, CT since I met Chrism there once and its a nice open spot with Gas Stations littered about. As the days go by and hopefully people sign up I'll edit this post so its more solid and less all over the place

So Who's Coming
1) Clavius (Kevin BB Rx-8)
2)
3)
4)
5)
Old 06-06-07, 05:34 AM
The Rotorheaded Geek

I am in, going to try and bring both the 7 and 8 too
Old 06-06-07, 03:06 PM

Aparently there is another caravan outa New England also but it seems to be more for the Northern half of our luvly lil area. Guess We'll make this one for the Southern Side of things!
Old 06-06-07, 06:09 PM
I love twins!

Here is a thread I started for a caravan in the northern areas. We need to consolidate!

https://www.rx7club.com/ne-rx-7-forum-30/nh-mass-maine-rotorfest-caravan-659282/
Old 06-07-07, 02:53 PM

Kewl. For me and possibly for any on the North or South Shores it may be quicker and cheaper to just head down the 95 Interstate and then snag 80 in New York. I'm new here so I don't know any Mod's but could the title be changed to "Rotorfest 2007 Southern New England Caravan"?. Just a thought
Old 06-19-07, 08:08 PM

Figured I'd bump up the "Southern New England" Caravan Thread lol. I can't edit the first post for some reason but whateva. So far we are only 4 deep from Rx8club, with a pit stop in CT to pick up 2, then off to NYC in a slim hope of meeting up with the NYC caravan. I'm hoping some CT (or southern CT people) or some RI people might see this and jump at this. I know I'm new on this side of the pond but I've been on Rx8club for awhile now.

So come on people where you at lol.
Old 06-19-07, 08:15 PM
dos-rotor

hey guys im workin on the ME-NH side ride now, details are still sparse, but got a few guys signed up right now, will keep posted and maybe get this all smoothed out soon!