2nd Generation Specific (1986-1992) 1986-1992 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections.
Sponsored by:

FC3S.org please respond jspec engines

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-02, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FC3S.org please respond jspec engines

I just bought my 87 TII, one rotor has NO compression. I would like some order info on a jspec engine, i could not find a phone # on the web site. Will i be able to follow the haynes manuals overhaul procedure and be able to drop one of these jspecs in or is it more complicated then that? The engine is $850, what else do i need to buy i have an engine lift, basic tools and general knowledge.
I am in kind of a hurry too, i know there is prolly no way to get this done by april but i need to as soon as possible.

Thanks for any help
Ryan
Old 03-25-02, 01:20 PM
Driven a turbo FB lately?

Try emailing dave at admin@fc3s.org
Old 03-25-02, 01:22 PM

i faxed them

i have e-mailed them before and got no response i faxed a fax about 30mins ago
Old 03-25-02, 01:37 PM

While we are on the subject, I just bought an 87 TII that needs to be taken apart to have new seals so would it be worth it to put a jspec in it? I mean does everyone trust these engine or what? Also to put a jspec in a series 4 you need the wiring harness from a series 5, correct?
Old 03-25-02, 02:41 PM

[i] Also to put a jspec in a series 4 you need the wiring harness from a series 5, correct? [/B]
This would only be true if the jspec was from a series 5. You can get a series 4 jspec that should work without too much work.
Old 03-25-02, 03:18 PM

try to email dave at Dave@fc3s.org
Old 03-25-02, 03:44 PM

Smile

Originally posted by Ryde _Or_Die

I mean does everyone trust these engines or what?
Having lived in Japan for nearly 6 years, I don't trust a junkyard motor as far as I can throw it. The companies hire people to comb the junkyards to bring in "good" motors. So, with a battery and a compression tester, these guys turn the motor over -- if it has decent compression, they pull it. They don't care if the car sat without a hood for a year, if it has 100 Km's or 100,000, or anything else. If it's got compression, they pull it. Usually for around $125 US.

Some guarantee mileage, but it's How can they honor a mileage guarantee... give their word about a motor in a car they've never seen? The people you buy from could be the nicest bunch of guys on the planet, but they know that there's no way anyone but the guy that pulled the motor can know...

Hell, half the time the gauge console is already pulled if it has low miles.

I'm not saying that all "J-spec" motors or the companies that sell them shouldn't be trusted -- I'd just like to shed some light on the process in which you get your motor.

What are they charging, like $900? I'd rather spend twice more and get new housings, a complete rebuild kit, and a dremel and put together a new, ported motor with no miles. It's a lot of work, and takes time... but sometimes the piece of mind is worth the additional investment.

Sorry for the long (rant) reply... Good Luck!

Old 03-25-02, 04:33 PM

whats it take to get a reply from that place? geez, fax, email.. is there a number to call?
Old 03-25-02, 05:05 PM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

Calm down man. FC3S.org does the jspec thing on the side. That is not their full time job, just give em a day or two and they'll get back to you. They might not have the engine in stock for you now though, they go quickly when they come in.

Ryde _Or_Die: if you want s5 engine and harness, you need ECU also, good luck finding all that
Old 03-25-02, 05:10 PM

6days

dude, i have 6 days to get to ny... My bad if i just bought a car it blows up in my face , and i have some place to be... SORRY IF I'M A LITTLE IN A HURRY AND FRUSTRATED
Old 03-25-02, 07:02 PM

Oh I thought that all jspecs were series 5 engines.
Old 03-25-02, 07:54 PM

Originally posted by Rx7supra
whats it take to get a reply from that place? geez, fax, email.. is there a number to call?
Dude hes very hard to get ahold of it takes him a day or so to reply... Its a side biz for him, but he is the BEST person to get one from I speak from experience...

I got a phone number for his office on my invoice, id get it for ya but email is probally the best way, give it a day or so...

I looked and looked EVERYWHERE for a motor and I had limited it to two options outta 10, It was either corksport or fc3s.org, and since corksport treated me like a 'no body on the phone' i wouldnt recommend them for anything.. if 6 days is your budget then you might wanna delay it a little at any cost, I doubt you will get one shipped that quick. But at any rate, upon shipping of mine I got mine in 3 days from Cally to Kentucky..

Last edited by MIKE-P-28; 03-25-02 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-25-02, 11:16 PM

Thumbs up I have had GREAT results from Jap motors!

I got 2 motors from 2 different companies. 1 from Nippon-motors.com and one from Corksport.com . ALthough corksport was more expensive, the motor had the BEST COMPRESSION OF ANY ROTARY I HAVE EVER HAD! The throttle plates inside were GOLDEN! Both motors ran perfectly and I am proud to say I saved plenty of money on both.
Patrick
Old 03-26-02, 12:29 AM
Has been.. hangin' around

Jeez man, are ALWAYS this hyper? Seriously, I know you're in a bind, but you aren't going to get an engine, and have it installed, in 6 days.

PaulC
Old 03-26-02, 12:38 AM

Can anyone say Renta Car? I can boys and girls
Old 03-26-02, 03:33 PM

What??

Dude i already knew that... why dont you have you car blow up in your face and be calm jesus chist you all must have so much money you can just go **** off without car.. hey why dont you schofer me around.. And it is possible to put an engine in, in 6 days or less.. if it takes more then your a complete moron.
Old 03-26-02, 03:43 PM

i see we have another thread here for the specific purpose of making friends.
Old 03-26-02, 04:02 PM

heh all i asked was, how long does it take for a respond usually.... how am i hyper? i mean put yourself in my shoes.. how calm would you be.. rent a car? yeah let my car sit 1200 miles away until an engine comes, that means now i wont have a car until next year until i can come back. How would i take longer to put an engine in, in in 6 days the only time consuming part would be to wait for the engine to knock on my doorstep. its not like it i'm gonna rebuild it.. i just ned it to run. and if it doesnt then thats a risk i am willing to take rather then just wait it out.. lets sayit came three days from now that give me 2 days to drop it in.. sure it would be a risk to just drive it 1200 miles after that but who cares I'd be happier then i am now... jesus i dont need critism while i'm having my mid life chrisis (at 18).... renting a car is not an option, i would be better off buying a $500 truckwith half a body (other half being rust).... It would get me around for less..

me and a friend put a v8 in a 98 s-10, 84 supra, it didnt take more than a weekend to install either. on the other hand it has taken us 3 weeks before (just because we both were working alot and could only do 1 thing at a time.)

i'm not being a dick.. i just need answers fast if anyone cant understand that then.................. well i'll tell you later..
Old 03-26-02, 04:09 PM

hey man i can understand the urgency you got here... you're just facing a long shot.

if I were you and your time is limited, go through another shop to get the engine. get it from someone who has them in stock NOW and can ship it the fastest possible way. I don't even know if you can get a shop to freight an engine to you in 2 or 3 days.

the rental suggestion was because you made it sound like it was a weekend business trip. if you are going to school for the year, another option, cheaper for the time being is to pay to have your car shipped down to wherever you are going. then you can be patient with the engine, take your time and get it done right so you aren't buying another one next year.

good luck!
Old 03-26-02, 04:50 PM

*shrug* ok ok.. i realize everything you just said..
Old 03-26-02, 07:11 PM
OG

First let me respond by saying that I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, but this is indeed a side business that I do in my spare time. If I do not have any spare time, then this must infact wait as my career takes presidence over any J-Spec motor. I was busy over the weekend and I got backed up in email, which for me is about 200-300 emails a day. I also am trying to get my ducks in a row for SevenStock 5 this year and that is also taking up quite a bit of my time researching things and so forth. I just got to your email, but figured that I would just browse the forums a bit to see what is new with some other things when I came across this post.

Your "fax" was unreadable and had some sort of bold print at the top saying FAX and half of a name which is also unreadable. The rest of the page was totally black. Your email was just received yesterday at 11:40am and as I stated before, there were about 800 emails to sift through. We used to take calls, but I didn't have the time to return them all the time, and most people don't want me calling them at midnight eastern time when it's only 9pm my time. Again I apologize, but I cannot reply to everyone in as promptly as they would sometimes like.

To end this off with some closure, we are out of stock on engines other than 1 13B-RE Cosmo and that has a few people looking into it. We haven't had any 87-88 engines since about 2 weeks ago. They are usually the first to go. We expect another shipment in approx 4-6 weeks.
Old 03-26-02, 07:48 PM

Re: What??

Dude i already knew that... why dont you have you car blow up in your face and be calm jesus chist you all must have so much money you can just go **** off without car.. hey why dont you schofer me around.. And it is possible to put an engine in, in 6 days or less.. if it takes more then your a complete moron.
Dude my conversion in my 85 is gonna take me probally 3 months or more. Furthermore I wasnt calm as hell when my motor blew up. I was stuck in fu%king traffic with my 4 year old son on a HOT *** SEPTEMBER DAY.. He wasnt happy I wasnt happy, and to top it off I wasnt getting on it, the SOB was idleing! Also I by far dont have money comming outta my ***.... Thats why its taking me 3 months to do this conversion now that I have the motor... Took me 6 months to decide whether I wanted a 12A or a 13b twin turbo POWER

If you have a basic block and timing me from the time I take the motor out to put it back in, barring any crap like broken bolt heads, its about an 8 hour job if you dont nap, get drunk, or take breaks...

ILL SAY THIS IN CAPS, YOU CANT FIND A BETTER PERSON THAN DAVE FOR A MOTOR! HES BUSY AS HELL LIKE ME AND EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS WORLD.

Good luck, and if you were in the Kentucky area, id try and help you any way I could...

Last edited by MIKE-P-28; 03-26-02 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-26-02, 08:11 PM

Sorry Sorry

Dave - sorry for not realizing this was a side biz, i guess i might need a new fax eh? 4-6 weeks ouch, do you get them first or can you have them drop shipped? if you do get them first do you check them yourself? i need a drop in replacement if there is such a thing, sorry if i was a dick (in your eyes) but it was handled nicley. I hope to do buisness with you soon. If i'm gonna have to put this off i might as wel put something like a 13brew in right? what do i need, computer,motor mounts, uh???? i dunno honestly. thanks for replying BTW how much do you pay for the engines?

Mike - I'm in southern indiana, but not for long...
know anyone close with a series 4 13bt

Mazda Dealership wants $6300 to put a remanufactured engine in 1900 for engine 1000 for turbo and 3400 to install GODDAMN

well sorry for acting childish i guess thats that
Old 03-26-02, 08:15 PM
My cars louder than yours

in your sig it says you have three cars, must you take the TII?
Old 03-26-02, 08:20 PM

Re: Sorry Sorry

Dave - sorry for not realizing this was a side biz, i guess i might need a new fax eh? 4-6 weeks ouch, do you get them first or can you have them drop shipped? if you do get them first do you check them yourself? i need a drop in replacement if there is such a thing, sorry if i was a dick (in your eyes) but it was handled nicley. I hope to do buisness with you soon. If i'm gonna have to put this off i might as wel put something like a 13brew in right? what do i need, computer,motor mounts, uh???? i dunno honestly. thanks for replying BTW how much do you pay for the engines?

Mike - I'm in southern indiana, but not for long...
know anyone close with a series 4 13bt

Mazda Dealership wants $6300 to put a remanufactured engine in 1900 for engine 1000 for turbo and 3400 to install GODDAMN

well sorry for acting childish i guess thats that
Where are you in southern Indiana, Im about 40 miles south/east of Evansville, IN. When I scoping the yards over there a while back there were quite a few in there, might check an Evansville phone book...

Quick Reply: FC3S.org please respond jspec engines