Power FC Forum Apex Power FC Support and Questions.

Power FC PowerFC Discontinued

Old 11-14-06, 08:18 AM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PowerFC Discontinued

Apexi has stopped making the Power FC indefinately and rumors are that they will not make them again. This means that the current stock that Apexi has is the last of the last.
Old 11-14-06, 10:13 AM
The one

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Where did you hear this?

Jason
Old 11-14-06, 11:38 AM
Eye In The Sky

Received 113 Likes on 66 Posts
This is the second time that this rumor has "leaked out" in the last couple of years.
Old 11-14-06, 05:04 PM
Go Team Womble *)

I got it from rhdjapan.com's mailing list. (true or not)

Cut "n Paste

Yes that is right, we are as suprised as you may be. Apexi has stopped making the Power FC indefinately and rumors are that they will not make them again. This means that the current stock that Apexi has is the last of the last. It is unfortunate indeed but atleast we got the heads up and can pass the info to you.

If you were interested in getting a unit we advise you to get one now and if your a shop it may be a good thing to replenish your supplies while supplies last.
Old 11-14-06, 06:13 PM
In the burnout box...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they must be really workin hard to make a sale to you haha
Old 11-14-06, 06:27 PM
Derwin

Indeed the power FC is probably one of Apexi's best selling items as it is used for many applications by many many people here and abroad. Total B.S, although I remember having talked to an Apexi rep maybe 2 years ago saying that they would come out with a new Stand Alone, but the words were next-gen Power FC.
Old 11-14-06, 07:25 PM
Couldn't stay away

Received 145 Likes on 78 Posts
There certainly isnt any dry supply of AP Engineering PowerFC's. I got mine from japan like two days after I ordered it.
Old 11-15-06, 03:10 AM

the fc pro versions are disconituned but have seen no evidence normal fc versions are discontinued. i dont see why they would, their replacement product hasnt even been mentioned or had any marketing/promo. as far as market is concerned there is no replacement.

i wouldnt expect fc to be stop being production after their new replacement was mainstream for a 1 year or so
Old 11-15-06, 03:13 AM

our supplier reports:

Please note the Nissan Skyline ECR33 RB25DET and Nissan Skyline ER34 Apexi Power FC`s will no longer be produced by Apexi. Please do not purchase these products on this site. The only reason they remain as advertised is to stop customers asking us to add the parts to the catalogue.

so i guess this could be the end ?
Old 11-15-06, 03:58 AM

Got that info from Japan as well. Apexi stoped the production as NEC? stoped the production of ASIC for the ECU.

REgards
Old 11-15-06, 04:29 AM

oh ok. anyone get an official words from an apexi rep ?
Old 11-15-06, 06:57 AM
The one

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talked with someone there yesterday and they said it was not true.

Jason
Old 11-15-06, 08:03 AM

Jason,

past in 2005 I' ve got my hands on Option2 magazine and found a note about "all new PowerFC" inside the report from Tokyo auto show. It shows me, that Apexi was in knowledge and/or already in plan for new production.

Well my Info is also from a Japanese supplier, not from Apexi them self. Him is my source for new products and the info on Jdm market. His info was all the time trust able.

What I can still think off, Apexi has enough of the PowerFC units in stock (in USA?), so the American market has probably enough for next time, but this till them all gone! This dos nothing to do with the facts, that Apexi stopped the production. Them are on hole sale and I'm sure, when will remove one car after another from availability list,

I will post a thread on Japanese RE forum about the production of PowerFC... will check what them say about further details.

Regards
Iwan
Old 11-15-06, 08:55 AM
Rotary Slave

This would be like Coca Cola announcing they will stop making coke because its unpopular... not gonna happen. They have too much money in this and they sell too well.
Old 11-18-06, 05:27 PM

Its not true, I read the fax from Apexera yesterday. The discontinued models are mosly N/a applications for older cars, like the n/a skyline, bluebird, supra, mr2, Ek9 .The one that will affect some is that the FC3S model has now been officially discontinued. AP engineering is no longer, they ceased to exist after Apexi was forced to restructure in Japan, which had alot to do with the disappearing models. Every power FC pro version , which was aimed at drag racers is now offically done as well.
They have also added some newer models for some of the new Japanese tuner cars as well.
Old 11-18-06, 06:37 PM
Couldn't stay away

Originally Posted by Yukitama
Its not true, I read the fax from Apexera yesterday. The discontinued models are mosly N/a applications for older cars, like the n/a skyline, bluebird, supra, mr2, Ek9 .The one that will affect some is that the FC3S model has now been officially discontinued. AP engineering is no longer, they ceased to exist after Apexi was forced to restructure in Japan, which had alot to do with the disappearing models. Every power FC pro version , which was aimed at drag racers is now offically done as well.
They have also added some newer models for some of the new Japanese tuner cars as well.

I'd like to see the source on this, because AP Engineering is still re-programming Power FC ECU's.
Old 11-18-06, 09:40 PM

The source is Apexera, and if you noticed, all the cancelled power fcs were Ap engineering versions, hence why they are not available.
The website isnt even up anymore , www.ap-engineering.co.jp
Old 11-18-06, 09:42 PM
Couldn't stay away

I just purchased one 10/30. I guess that one was one they made right at the end of their production.
Old 11-19-06, 01:20 AM
In the burnout box...

must have been a quick judgement error. someone must have heard no more production for the rx7 yet they did not hear the year or did not ask what year. as stated on the last page its for the fc3s not the fd3s. case seems closed for me.
Old 11-19-06, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Yukitama
hi,

where did you get this fax from? can you post it up so we can read it and verify?
i can see the mainstream pro versions are gone (went some time ago), i understand that. i can also see the ap engineering versions are gone too now.

my supplier has the mainstream versions of PFC and djetro versions and some newer models, mainly lots more WRX, S13/14/15 and altezza versions.

but the mainstream skyline R33 GTST and R34 GTST are gone.
these arent ap engineering and were a very popular model.
the same supplier also reports the older safcII is discontinued.

Apexi Power FC 414-AT001 Toyota MR2 SW20 3S GTE is no longer in production
Apexi Power FC 414-AN012 Nissan Skyline ECR33 RB25DET No longer in Production
Apexi Power FC 414-AN008 Nissan Skyline ER34 RB25DET No Longer in Production
Old 11-19-06, 05:39 PM

Its in Japanese, so 99.9% of people couldnt read it anyway.. The versions of skyline that were on the list were non turbo versions. Sr20de versions of cars are gone, there was an "t" version on the list but it wasnt a skyline version. Some of the applications where hks f-con has dominated the market are gone to, Like the supra version.

Last edited by Yukitama; 11-19-06 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-19-06, 06:37 PM

there arent any non turbo skyline versions of PFC. all the skyline versions are for GTST or GTR which are single turbo or twin turbo. can u post the fax anyway? or at least a copy of the car lists?
Old 11-19-06, 09:07 PM

All we need to know here is FC3s is gone, and FD3s 1,2,and 3 is still made.
Old 11-21-06, 03:47 PM

OK, I've got an update on the PFC issue which is as follow:

Discontinued for SW20, ER34, ECR33, S14, S13, GC8, RPS13, RNN14, HCR32, JZX90, JZZ30, JZA70, JZA80, AE86, EP82, EP91, ST205, EG6, EG9, EK9, FC3S, BG5.

FD3S is not listed, so we can say we are lucky as we can get the FD version of PFC working on any 13B Rotary engine

REgards
Iwan
Old 11-21-06, 04:18 PM
Not the company

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
That's good news for now, but with so many other cars being discontinued why would they keep the FD? (not saying that's a bad thing, cause it's great) Do you know how many others made the list of cars they are keeping it for?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power FC PowerFC Discontinued