NW RX-7 Forum Serving Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Alaska members

"PINKS" coming to Pacific Raceways

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-06, 02:30 AM
The Shadetree Project

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"PINKS" coming to Pacific Raceways

Sorry for the cross post, but it wasn't my post and I thought it should be posted here too.
https://www.rx7club.com/race-car-tech-103/pinks-coming-pacific-raceways-568761/
Old 08-17-06, 12:32 PM
Double Dose

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm... I'm sure some cocky SOB will show up and get whooped... I'd love to see a rotary own somebody again... That host is SOOO annoying!
Old 08-18-06, 04:53 PM
I'm Single..Turbo that is

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hahaha just get some guy in a some AWD DSM that has like 500 bucks in it jsut woop the **** out of all of them... god damn cheap cars.... they kill with that AWD launch and it seems like with under a grand they can get in the mid 11's bastards...
Old 08-18-06, 05:25 PM
Double Dose

Get someone from Home Made Turbo out there!! They got some disgustingly FAST cars!! Or yea I know a guy with a 500hp Talon that should race... But he'll probably blow soemthing up cuz he always does!
Old 08-18-06, 11:13 PM
i am legendary

Originally Posted by mazdatim
Get someone from Home Made Turbo out there!! They got some disgustingly FAST cars!! Or yea I know a guy with a 500hp Talon that should race... But he'll probably blow soemthing up cuz he always does!
Doesn't it not really matter about speed really? Isn't it more about who can con the other or lie the best or whatever? But I'm sure the speed helps.
Old 08-19-06, 04:57 AM
Rotary Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I hate that show. You run the race you win. Then you have to race the ******* again but give him like 5 car lengths, oh and then yoo probably will have to run him again.

I love the one when the one car gets destroyed. Wow I won that?!?!?! should only take 10-20k to fix. No bigie
Old 08-19-06, 01:22 PM
Double Dose

Yea a bit too much drama... People ******* it on the first couple of runs and then on the last run they pull out ALL the HP to take the other's car... Too much ego in one place. But yea it's all about who can bullshit the best
Old 08-21-06, 03:35 PM

man my friend should run his srt4 haha...hes only ran it once an it ran low 12's..no boost control..but im sure the engine will blow up after the first run..jdm > usdm
Old 08-21-06, 04:17 PM
Im using Mazdapunk87 now.

like my friend always says..."you cant spell Disappointment without DSM" which is very true...DSM's break down alot but are damn fast....
Old 08-21-06, 04:18 PM
Im using Mazdapunk87 now.

excuse me let me rephrase that...they can be fast for cheap...
Old 08-22-06, 01:36 AM
The Shadetree Project

1st gen DSM can run 12's for less than a grand...
Old 08-22-06, 01:48 AM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

Originally Posted by Hyper4mance2k
1st gen DSM can run 12's for less than a grand...
ive always wanted a dsm for that fact but ur spending a grand every 6 months in maintenance. lol
Old 08-22-06, 09:53 AM
Cheese

Pinks is a retarded show. It would be alot better if it was straight up racing, none of this '3 car lengths blah blah blah' bullshit. If youre car isnt fast enough to win, then you dont win. End of story.

DSM's are good cars if you get a 1st gen, or put the 6 bolt engine into the second gen, and manage to NOT blow your transmission apart (refering to awd).

If you want real ghetto speed, get an FB, strip it clean, tub it, put some wide *** drag slicks under it, and drop a mildly built 302 or 350 into it. You can pick up the engine for less than 500, rebuild it with some forged pistons/rods, do a mild port and a decent street spec cam, header with full free flow dual 3", and a 150 shot of nitrous, then take your 500+hp 1900lb car with slicks, and toast the **** out of everyone.

That car could probably be built for 5-6k, but you have to make it ugly. Real ugly. Man that would be hilarious.
Old 08-22-06, 03:56 PM
Double Dose

I agree^^
Old 08-23-06, 02:48 AM

real racers won't even show up to an event like that. because they know it's complete and total BS. drag racers that run regular weekends are not going to risk a car they've poured their heart and countless $$ into just to get screwed in a show of guys/buddies that go around collecting cars by cheating people out of them. guys that have fast and consistent(the real key) ET drag cars won't show, thier car can win them money if they have a good weekend at a big race.... which is still a lot better than a wrecked or blown up POS if they 'd happen to win.

it's great is you have a low dollar go fast ride you don't care about at all, might have put together from junk parts and could care less if it gets lost. heck if you win, you might get a cool ride, but chances are... it's something you don't want anyways.
Old 08-23-06, 01:30 PM
Double Dose

Like the FC from SpeedMachine that was pieced together out of all used engine parts lol Yea and it still owned!
Old 08-23-06, 09:49 PM
Rotary Enthusiast

i liked it though ^^^
Old 08-23-06, 11:51 PM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

yeah to bad the mechanic for that fcs a ****** ********. i met him at formula d and wish i hadent.
Old 08-24-06, 08:06 PM
REW'd FB

I was talking with Brian at horsepower connection today and he mentioned that he was building one of the cars for the show. The car is a customers car but He is the builder. I can assure you that the car will not be a 12sec DSM. If anyone knows Brian they will also know that he runs a sub 8.4 in the quarter with his non-tubular Nova that weighs over 3k lbs. It will be a great race.
Old 08-25-06, 02:05 AM
OG

Originally Posted by rotary_sex
yeah to bad the mechanic for that fcs a ****** ********. i met him at formula d and wish i hadent.
Really? Did I do or say something to you in particular which makes me a ******* ********? Which Formula D? If you are talking about the most recent one in Seattle, refresh my memory. I talked to alot of people there around Calvin's FD and I had a pretty good damn time. Matter of fact I didn't even get to eat dinner in the pit because I was talking to some local FD guys who had some questions. Don't remember being a ******* ******** to anyone. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I did it wasn't intentional. Wait, wait wait...Were you the guy with the rotary tattoo that asked Calvin how big the port was on his FD? Then said something about porting your exhaust ports all huge or something and I said it kills the torque to do that and you insisted it has plenty of torque due to the stock turbo or something?

Last edited by fc3s.org; 08-25-06 at 02:18 AM.
Old 08-26-06, 02:05 AM
The Shadetree Project

LOL! I was the guy with the huge ports. And my car runs great. Plenty of tq. AND Not cause of the stock turbo LOL! I said it spooled the S5 turbo quickly and I get 8psi by 2k... that's all... My ports aren't nuts, just nice and fun for my first port job. I bought the rotor housings and found they were stamped form a shop with an amazing rep with a "street port" and they were garbage. The trailing edge of the exhaust port wasn't even straight and to top it off it had no bevel for the apex seal. I feel bad for people who pay big dollars for engines that have shitty 20 minute port jobs... http://www.nopistons.com/forums/inde...howtopic=63787 Not saying I know you but you just kinda brushed me off and didn't even hear what I was sayin. So you know I'm not some wanna be racer bitch. I did my first engine swap in 1992 and rebuilt my first carb in 1994. I was concieved in motor oil. I had a n/a stock port FB getting 1.9 60ft's on 185/60-13's and running a 14.6. I know it's not fast but that was carbed on shitty tires stock port.
Old 08-26-06, 02:07 AM
The Shadetree Project

*note: 8psi@2k= enough tq... it's overlap that kills tq. there are a milion different ways to tune an engine, and 10 billion ways to port tune.
Old 08-26-06, 02:43 PM
Banned. I got OWNED!!!

Originally Posted by fc3s.org
Really? Did I do or say something to you in particular which makes me a ******* ********? Which Formula D? If you are talking about the most recent one in Seattle, refresh my memory. I talked to alot of people there around Calvin's FD and I had a pretty good damn time. Matter of fact I didn't even get to eat dinner in the pit because I was talking to some local FD guys who had some questions. Don't remember being a ******* ******** to anyone. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I did it wasn't intentional. Wait, wait wait...Were you the guy with the rotary tattoo that asked Calvin how big the port was on his FD? Then said something about porting your exhaust ports all huge or something and I said it kills the torque to do that and you insisted it has plenty of torque due to the stock turbo or something?
mabey my statement was a little exaggerated. you werent a ********. you just didnt seem to give the time of day to a few fellow rotorheads. reminded me of talking to a mustang owner. i really like your work and was hoping by approaching you to talk rotary that you would be a little less "cocky" almost in mid sentence you just walked away. lol I was the guy with the rotary tatoo on my arm. adrian is the guy with the s5 blowthough FB. anyway if your at pinks good luck.
Old 08-26-06, 10:21 PM
OG

Just goes to show you how tired I was. I thought you two were the same person! That isn't huge exhaust porting! That is good exhaust porting LOL. When you were describing it, you didn't mention anything else done to it, just the exhaust porting. So all I thought in my head was "just a huge exhaust port?" When I think back, I did kinda cut our BS session short because I was dying of thirst, needed food, had to pack up the rigs, and was completely exhausted from the day. When you get drunk off your *** the night before, then you go to the track ALL day you get worn down. If you ask the other dozen dudes or so I talked to that day I would bet they didn't think that way, but then again I was alot fresher towards the beginning of the day

Anyway, if I gave that impression, it wasn't my meaning. If we get to meet again, we'll have a better bs session and talk some damn rotaries, cool? Do you believe someone asked me that day if Calvins FD had an LS1 in it??

Rich asked us to go on Pinks again, but he always asks us like a week or two before it happens, and we have to have more notice than that. I think we might do the "streetcar shootout" thing in TX or something. Not sure on the details yet though, but it is in a few months.
Old 08-27-06, 01:07 PM
The Shadetree Project

Damn there were way too many LS1 cars there. It's cool, but at the same time why bother with an import if you're just going to drop an LS1 in it? Didn't the white FD have an LS1 in it? Next event maybe you'll get to see the uber poor man budget blow through FB I built. What ever happened to the Falkin FD with the SR20DET? I hope it blew up. That'd be a testament to rotary greatness. What did you do with the pink civic? It seems to be the wholy grail of the Honda world. I think they forgot it lost... Anyways hope to see you when you're not burnt out.
Late...

Quick Reply: "PINKS" coming to Pacific Raceways