Racing Kills Lounge The RX-7 Club and IB in no way supports or endorses illegal street racing in any way, shape or form, and highly recommends against any illegal activities.

!!! Killed by Touareg?! Venting !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-05, 10:53 PM
11 second club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
!!! Killed by Touareg?! Venting !!!

Well, last night I definitly couldn't have even typed this out without punching a hole in the wall before I finished... it's long but very interesting, hell it seems like right out of a movie) but I just need to vent none the less...

So me and a couple buddies are chatting in the Chevron parking lot, I had my FD out, along with my friends 05 STI (stock) and my other friends 240SX (SR20DET swap, bolt ons). As we're standing there, the 2F2F style "fleet" of cars rolls into the parking lot and parks a few spots away from us. At this point, I'm assuming they're a team (why the hell there were two Touareg's in the team I didn't know... at that time). Both Touareg's and what appeared to be the E36 M3 that supposedly is one of the fastest street legal cars in FL were completely blacked out (black paint, black wheels, extremely illegal tint, etc). I've heard of the M3 before several times (took out a couple of the well respected Supra's down here) so I was interested to meet the guy.. until he and his "crew" stepped out of their cars. All four of them dressed in black (corny as hell), huge *** BOLD swastikas on their shoulders, and shaved heads.

My buddy Manni with the 240SX is Puerto Rican, he looked at me and started commenting on the fine artwork on their shoulders Well one of these Vin Diesel ****'s heard it, walked straight passed Manni and said, "So you like that, huh?" Now, usually Manni has the last word in these types of confrontations.. but these guys were f*cking jacked. While they were in the Chevron I got a closer look at their fleet. Some wierd **** to say the least... all three had windsheild banners that read "Alles fer Duetchland?" or some German ****, and each had swastika and German flag emblems. They did look pretty sick, but I wasn't planning on giving any of those skinhead douchebags props. Manni suggested I run the M3 with my FD, but from what I've heard about the M3 I didn't want any part of it. So I continued to check out the M3 (don't really care much for Touaregs..), but all I noticed before they came back out was a huge *** FMIC.

The same dude that confronted Manni walked by again.. "Do you drive that piece of **** rice burner" as he looked at MY 7. Well now my car is involved, so it's time for me to step in. "That 488 hp RX-7 is mine." He laughed and said "If you're so confident how about you run one of those" and pointed at one of the Touaregs. I smiled (held in laughter) and gave him a confused look.. waiting for him to take it back. Well this hardass kept staring at me so I figured what the hell, might as well put these **** dirtbags to shame. He suggested we put 1k on the race but I don't care if it's a Touareg or not I'm not putting $1,000 on a damn street race, especially with skinhead punks who most likely wouldn't pay. After several insults were exchanged I agreed to a hundred bucks... what the hell it's a VW SUV.

The M3 driver jumps into the passenger seat of the Touareg I was about to race (by this point I'm really thinking, why the hell would he want to haul around that 230lb guy on top of that already damn heavy SUV). 434 was almost empty (I rarely see it like this) and the VW pulls up next to me. My confidence was relatively high until I heard the slight hiss of a turbo.. by the time he got next to me the damn hiss drowned out my own T-78. By now I'm thinking damn, who the hell puts a turbo in a Touareg. Even with a turbo'd V8 (however I later found that this particular Touareg that I raced was a V10 edition that is discontinued) I thougth there's no way he can pull all that weight.

It started at about a 35-40mph roll, after some heavy break boosting he gives the three honks and we go. I drop to SECOND and immediately pull a half car length on him. I shift into third and he's back on my front fender, then he f*cking starts reeling me in. His damn BOV was louder than my obnoxious cat-less exhaust and by 4th I'm looking at that racist f*cking **** emblem on the back of this damn Touareg. I almost lost my mind, perfect 3rd shift, 4th was a little sketchy but by then he already had a car and a half length on me. As soon as we shut down the other Touareg box's me in between the Touareg I just raced and we take the exit. By now I'm thinking F*CK, I don't even have a hundred bucks on me, I had $65 in my wallet but luckily Tim (STI driver) hooked me up with the rest (Manni refused to give those dirtbags any of his money). Being the dumbass I was, I didn't pay attention to the Touareg's at the Chevron, and I only now did I notice the FMIC and external wastegate. It took all of me not to speed off without paying these dbags.. and as I got into my car the Touareg driver yelled, "If you think that's fast wait til you see that M3 run."

So we all head back to Manni's and make a couple calls askin' around if anyone knows these guys. We didn't find out much but we did hear about these guys stirring up the FL scene... I just can't wait for someone to run one of these fool's and take them. I ran up some searchs on the Touareg.. found out that there is a discontinued turbo V10 version (this is what I'm assuming I ran) but even so it still weighed in at 5825lbs and only put out 310 hp stock? I'm baffled, I found little to no aftermarket applications for the Touareg so he must've been running a completely custom turbo set-up and some other wild additions. I don't know what he did to get that 5825lb to beat a high 11 second 488hp light-weight FD, but F*CK I wish anyone other than that ***** was piloting it. ANYONE have any answers or info on these guys? I'd love to see a fellow member take one of them.

/rant
Old 06-09-05, 11:11 PM

turbo diesel v10. strange death.
Old 06-09-05, 11:22 PM
pro-liberty

Interesting story. I hope those guys get what's coming to them.
Old 06-09-05, 11:27 PM
future 7 owner

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
WHAT!?!?!?thats crazy......the 7 has to weigh like 3,000 pounds less than the touareg!!!.....the only thing i can think of is that it had to of had some serious weight reductions to it and SOME SERIOUS A@@ *****!!!!
Old 06-09-05, 11:28 PM
Right near Malloy

Received 511 Likes on 346 Posts
"Alle für Deutschland" = All for Germany

I'd be very wary of some dudes outright wearing a swastika out in public.
Old 06-09-05, 11:37 PM
11 second club

Originally Posted by Pele
"Alle für Deutschland" = All for Germany

I'd be very wary of some dudes outright wearing a swastika out in public.
And wary I was, my jaw dropped almost as fast when I saw them then when the Touareg beat me
Old 06-10-05, 12:05 AM
Rotary Enthusiast

I'm sorry, but i'd like to see a time slip of your car running 11's, and a dyno graph of 488hp.

If your car runs 11's, then the VW would need ~850 rwhp to beat you. If the VW laid down that kind of power, it'd run very low 11's. I really doubt it has that kind of power though.

-Alex

Last edited by TT_Rex_7; 06-10-05 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-10-05, 12:23 AM
Make an assessment...

Received 112 Likes on 78 Posts
If you see them again tell them you want to race on a track. Shouldn't be able to keep up with you without flipping over then, he he. If they don't race tell them Germany/*****/skinheads/whatever, sucks the ***** of all minorities. I'm of German descent and I'd love nothing more than to take a crowbar to their ******* heads. I can't stand racist pieces of **** like that polluting our great country. They probably aren't even pure German. Let them go back to Germany touting that ****, they'll go to jail in a heartbeat. German's don't play with that ****, it's seriously not even in their history books, they deny the whole damn piece of time, haha. Anyway, sorry you lost, but defintely get him on a track for a grand. No worries then.
Old 06-10-05, 12:49 AM
Tear you apart

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
That story was actually interesting for once. Too bad about the loss.

PS ****'s being that outright are terrifying.
Old 06-10-05, 03:37 AM
Rotary Enthusiast

To add some more "food for thought"...It took BD Power well over 1400 rwtq, and 550 rwhp to get a 6000 pound diesel truck into the 11's.

My previous post, about needing 850 rwhp, was for a gasoline engine.

-Alex
Old 06-10-05, 09:09 AM

Yes, that motor makes 313 hp and 553 lbs/ft of tq... stock. The tuning potential is very high as it has good capacity @ 5L, and 10 cylinders, so the percentage change for each cylinder, given the extra capacity the injection pump can be tuned for, is multiplied by ten. Coupled with the fact that it is seriously detuned from the factory with very small turbos and intercooler, and you think it might have a larger single or larger twins, plus upgraded fmic = very serious power potential. I would imagine they were running nitrous as well. In addition, the block is extremely strong, as are the rods and pistons.

Aero will require some serious hp at higher speeds for that chassis; what speed did you run up to?
Old 06-10-05, 09:49 AM
ErnieTKiLLA

Yea those turbo diesels are very strong and can handle 50+ psi boost without any problems except for the tranny not being able to hold the power... amazing right..
Old 06-10-05, 10:09 AM
Ready.Set.Gone

would would you even stay around when you saw them pulling up

if i see a bunch of skinheads pull up or get out of their cars(with BIG swaztika tattoos). Im out of there.
Old 06-10-05, 10:33 AM
twinturboteddy ws my idol

FYI (speakign from the little I have read)...the Toureg is a Porsche Cayenne basically. My guess is they swapped in the Cayenne engine and modified the turbo's..or, you were rolling against Cayenne's badged in Toureq emblems
Old 06-10-05, 11:10 AM
Eats, Sleeps, Dreams Rotary

Received 187 Likes on 135 Posts
wha's a swatstika?
Old 06-10-05, 11:13 AM
Ready.Set.Gone

Originally Posted by neit_jnf
wha's a swatstika?
the **** symbol

go look swaztika up on google to see it(im not gonna post it in here due to its derogatory nature)
Old 06-10-05, 11:22 AM
ErnieTKiLLA

yea your right they are pretty much porsche trucks... they share indentical drivelines too. same truck basically only have the price.. check out gemballa.com they have SICK looking trucks with 800hp. beatifull, they almost look like a hatchback car... now there is a awesome grocery getter..
Old 06-10-05, 11:25 AM
ErnieTKiLLA

Does your car really make 488 rwhp.. cause thats 10 sec time slips and you should have raped that truck.
Old 06-10-05, 11:57 AM
Got me another 7!

Originally Posted by turboR1
yea your right they are pretty much porsche trucks... they share indentical drivelines too. same truck basically only have the price.. check out gemballa.com they have SICK looking trucks with 800hp. beatifull, they almost look like a hatchback car... now there is a awesome grocery getter..

That Gemballa is a crazy website. Some nice looking cars and suvs!!!
Old 06-10-05, 12:08 PM
rx7 enthusiast

wow thats crazy...i would think they might take you off the line but once you hit high speeds i would think you would own them. Oh well must have been a lot of custom work. How much boost were you running btw?
Old 06-10-05, 02:28 PM
Rotary Freak

We were hanging out at the local spot last night and someone mentioned a respectable Chevy Astrovan thats pretty quick. I said "i'd be pissed if I ever get beat by a minivan!"
And look whats on here today....at least it was an SUV and not a minivan.
tough loss, particularly since it was to some ignorant ********.
Old 06-10-05, 02:32 PM
off camber

I am finding this one so hard to swallow. Even the 11 second trucks have sh*t for top end. Over 120mph they are not fast. It is very hard to get them in to the 10s because of this. The ones in the 11s have 750+whp and 1500ft/lbs of tourque. I am talking 40psi from a T-88 turbo. I think that the fastest diesel truck runs low 10s and have over 1000whp and something like 2000ft/lbs or tourqe.

You say you took it to 4th with a 488rwhp and he was still pulling. That is just amazing. You supposidly have a little more power then I do and my 3rd and 4th gear are amazingly fast. When I race cars with similar HP/weight to mine but lots of low end tourque I usually reel them in during 3rd and 4th to make up for how much they gained in 1st and 2nd.

I am amazed that ANYONE would run swasticas on their car. I dont car how "jacked" you are in ATL you would get stomped for that. I would LOVE to see pics of these cars and their **** regalia. That is hard to believe. Typically your neo-**** types dont have 100K to put into a V10 VW with 1000+whp and even faster M3s. The ones around here usually drive some 70s/80s junk or take mass transit.

Anyway. If this is for real then that really sucks. Next time, try to beat him on "skill" and race him from a dig.
Old 06-10-05, 02:37 PM
Rotary Freak

Originally Posted by steve0178
wow thats crazy...i would think they might take you off the line but once you hit high speeds i would think you would own them. Oh well must have been a lot of custom work. How much boost were you running btw?
I dont know about that...he got them off the roll but not by much. then as he hit 3rd and then 4th he was already behind. i dont see him catching back up since I know i redline 3rd at about 110 so if he was in fourth they were well over that. Maybe going past 160 he might get a little bit back.

Anyone of our techies wanna chime in on this one....
Old 06-10-05, 02:51 PM
11 second club

Originally Posted by turboR1
Does your car really make 488 rwhp.. cause thats 10 sec time slips and you should have raped that truck.
Indeed it does, I ran an 11.88 on street tires and 17lbs of boost. About a week later I dyno'd at 488 on 22lbs of boost. Slicks are in the mail so I'm hoping for high 10's/low 11's with 22lbs instead of 17 and slicks instead of streets.

Originally Posted by steve0178
I agree, and I couldn't understand how anything less than a damn jet engine could propel this 5900lb SUV faster than my FD.. until today at work while doing research I came accross a few sites about the Porsche Cayenne (Porsche's version of the Touareg). The one site that stuck out the most was Gemballa.com (it appears that a few members found it as well). It is a German based company that modifies Porsche/VW vehicles. They had some really wild applications for the Cayenne so I'm assuming these parts were used as a base for the Touareg I ran. They have a 700 horse Cayenne engine as well as a sh*t load of aerodynamic kits for the Cayenne. As a few other members mentioned, the stock turbo V10 engine is very restricted and has a lot of potential. I'm assuming that 99% of the interior was ripped out of the Touareg because no one wants to pull 5900lbs, or maybe I'm just making excuses for why I was beat by an SUV . Although the attatchment is a Porsche Cayenne, it looks very similar to the Touareg's I saw two nights ago (minus the swastikas, windsheild banners, German emblem, etc). So I'm assumming it was a Gemballa kit modified to fit the Touareg.
Attached Thumbnails !!! Killed by Touareg?! Venting !!!-blackcayenne.jpg  
Old 06-10-05, 04:13 PM
Rotary Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ArrX7ahh
Yes, that motor makes 313 hp and 553 lbs/ft of tq... stock. The tuning potential is very high as it has good capacity @ 5L, and 10 cylinders, so the percentage change for each cylinder, given the extra capacity the injection pump can be tuned for, is multiplied by ten. Coupled with the fact that it is seriously detuned from the factory with very small turbos and intercooler, and you think it might have a larger single or larger twins, plus upgraded fmic = very serious power potential. I would imagine they were running nitrous as well. In addition, the block is extremely strong, as are the rods and pistons.

Aero will require some serious hp at higher speeds for that chassis; what speed did you run up to?
I'm not doubting how strong they are, etc. etc., I just doubt they are running around with over 1400 rwtq and 550rwhp. That's a hell of a leap.

If he was in 3rd and 4th, then he was at 100+, which like you said, aero starts taking over.

Either this whole story is BS, or his rx7 isn't making near as much power as he says it is.

-Alex

Quick Reply: !!! Killed by Touareg?! Venting !!!