Interior / Exterior / Audio Talk about interior and exterior mods including audio.

MB autosport feed front end

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-02, 08:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB autosport feed front end

Does anyone have this front end on their car? I saw it on there website a while back and for the price I was thinking of trying it.

If you do have it how much modification did it take to to put on? and how is the fit?

Here is the link:
http://www.mbautosports.com/product_...lid=12&yr=1994

Thanks
Old 07-11-02, 08:24 PM
Will u do me a kindness?

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You may be able to find some info using the search. From what I heard it fits really good. That and the price can't be beat. I was thinking of getting it and having the lip shaved off, a kind of poor mans 99 Spec Front. The lip is a lil too low and ricey for me.
To each his own.
Old 07-11-02, 08:26 PM

Has anyone put it on with a greddy front mount? If so how much shaving is involved?
Old 07-11-02, 09:49 PM
Recovering Milkaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have really though alot about buying one from these people and still haven't. I mean for $250 who f-ing cares if the fit isn't perfect. But if It's totally off then it would be a pisser. Has anyone put one of these on their car?I would love to hear about it. **** I have $400 bucks just sitting in my paypal account. I should just go ahed and buy one...
What do you guys think?????
Old 07-11-02, 10:05 PM

please do and let me know!
Old 07-11-02, 10:11 PM
Lives on the Forum

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
mb

manatecu has the front end and the greddy front mount. send him a pm. it looks good on his car.
Old 07-11-02, 10:20 PM
Speed Mach Go Go Go

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking I saw that pic and thought of buying it to

Damn, thats cheap. You could afford the '99 lights and paint at that price. The silver 7 on the web site is the one in all the shows with the outlined naked guy on the rear window. That's hard to beleive his car has that cheap front end!
Old 07-11-02, 10:26 PM

Thumbs up feed front

i got my feed ron end like a month ago and i can tell you am in love with it. It just looks great and with just simple modifications it fitted just right. here is my prouf take a look at my pics. Roger.
Old 07-11-02, 10:58 PM

here it is. fitment and quality is actually kinda poor. i had to do a lot of custom work to get it to fit right. then after painting it, bubbles showed up from where there was air in the bumper, in the glass, where they didnt squeeze it out. so that pissed me off. but for the price it was decent. i was hoping for better from what others had said, and the company kinda sucks to work with, kept saying would ship next day, 3 weeks later it was shipped. but you can decide from the pic, scott
Old 07-11-02, 11:25 PM
T3DoW

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
slopoke, you have got to be F**king kidding me man.........your car is AWESOME! god damn.......the front end is a lil on the agressive side with the lip but the scoot hood is awesome and makes the whole car go together nicely. well done. any more pics?

edit: nevermind the pics....i found em myself....hehe

Last edited by TpCpLaYa; 07-11-02 at 11:30 PM.
Old 07-11-02, 11:51 PM

thanks for the compliment
Old 07-12-02, 03:57 AM
Recovering Milkaholic

Ahhhhh this looks so badass!! You guys are killling me with these sweet *** cars. I'm getting it. I have an R1 wing to get painted and mounted already. I'll drop this off with the body shop and get them to paint and mount it as well.
Old 07-12-02, 04:02 AM
Recovering Milkaholic

Slopoke did you order by phone or online? Also what exactly did you have to modify to get it to go on right?
BTW Your car is very nice!
Lastly where did everyone get their 99 turn lamps? how much do they cost, and Do they plug right up to the old wires?
Old 07-12-02, 08:07 AM

well i ordered it over the phone. i had sent them several emails but never got a response from them that way, so i called and talked to them. i had to do a lot of fitment like put it on take a 1/4 inch off here add one there, the corners had to have a lot of work around the headlites . the finish of the bumper was poor, took a lot of prepping and two coats of primer. the lights do not plug up. you have to splice them into the other harness, very straightforward but the only hard part is making connectors for the 99 lights. thanks, scott
Old 07-12-02, 12:10 PM
Ghost Ride the Whip

That's not a FEED front end. That's a 99 bumper with some sort of lip molded onto it. Still looks pretty nice though
Old 07-12-02, 12:29 PM
Hey, where did my $$$ go?

Yea, alot of the knock off type companies have a bad habit of using high end names to confuse people.

It drives my crazy

STEPHEN
Old 07-12-02, 01:56 PM
Photo Diety

It's a 99-spec stock OEM type nose (no plate holder) with a Veilside C1 splitter grafted on. There isn't anything even remotely "FEED" about this front end...
Michel
Old 07-12-02, 02:12 PM

I know it looks nothing like the FEED I just wanted everyone to know which one I was talking about.

Has anyone put it on with a Greedy front mount IC? If so any problems? and how much do you have to shave on the front end?

Thanks
Old 07-14-02, 12:27 AM
Recovering Milkaholic

Originally posted by 1FooknTiteFD
That's not a FEED front end. That's a 99 bumper with some sort of lip molded onto it. Still looks pretty nice though
Thats not a FEED front end..Gee really I didn't know that.

Why are you people trying to name it..Its MB Autosport.
Here say it out loud..MB Autosport. There that wasn't so hard was it.

That wasn't all directed at you TiteFd

Last edited by Fd3BOOST; 07-14-02 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-14-02, 12:39 AM
Recovering Milkaholic

IMO if the bodyshop can get this on then this is a better Front than a Japanese one for $1000 or more. The **** is still just Fiberglass no matter how you look at it.
$250 seems like a hell of a better deal to me. Whoops sorry lets say $500 to allow for the cost of paint and instalation by a bodyshop. Still better than paying a shitload of cash for a name. And don't even start telling me the quality is so much better from the name brands out of Japan because Thats a bunch of horse ****.
It depends on the individual/s that made the piece. The guy at MB that is making them may be talented. The guy in Japan might be stoned. You don't know. If it fits then it fits. The cheaper the better.

Thats my stand on that issue.. Sorry for the rant guys.
Old 07-14-02, 02:43 AM

I installed this bumper myself at first to save the bodyshop some trouble and myself some loot. I have a Greddy FMIC and it required very little cutting only on the 2 little "humps" on the bottom of the main opening. My car is in the bodyshop now and they said it took them a VERY long time to get this bumper to fit perfect. It took one of the workers 2 days of working on it. It came cracked pretty badly on one side which was part of the problem. There were a few other fitment problems also though. The overal finish was smooth. $250 still isn't a bad price. Even with $250 of prep and fitting you're still out less than a lot of bumpers. I also have Apexi fiberglass parts and they were a perfect fit. If i can get ahold of a digital camera next week i'll try to take pictures. Oh well my buzz has worn off I'm passing out now.
Old 07-14-02, 05:30 AM

For those price, most likely those body kit are made from foreign countries like China, Mexico, Taiwan, Hong Kong, but hey if the price suits you go for it.

I still prefer spending alittle more for original or better copy replica because personal friend has got a TRD wide body kit from MB for his Mr2 and it literally cost him 1-1/2 times more money to install and prep where he should have just gotten the originals.

Timmy
Old 07-14-02, 09:20 AM
Recovering Milkaholic

Yes I know that the orginal stuff "usually" fits better. I don't mind paying a little more to get somebody to fight a shitty one into place though.As long as it looks good when done. RX-7 ZX-9 Lets see those pics!!!
Old 07-14-02, 01:57 PM

just to post my 2 cents...

I originally wanted that front end for my FD...I put the order in and was told it would take a few wks for it to arrive. A few wks later, I get a call saying they didn't have it in stock but could get me the C-west front end for the same price. Since I was already pressed for time on getting a replacement front bumper, I said fine. It came a week later and when I dropped it off at the shop, the shop told me it was a horrible fit. One side of the bumper stuck too far out from the fender surface while the other side of the bumper was inset from the fender surface. It took alot of reshaping, sanding, and adding material to get it to fit right. There was alot of prep work needed to fill the air 'voids' in the surface and then sanding everything down.

But, if they have that front end in stock now, and it's only $250, I say go for it. But beware if it doesn't fit properly--you can expect to pay out of your *** to get it to fit right...I was quoted $750-$1000 just for prepping, reshaping, painting, and installing the c-west front bumper they sent me (I took it to two shops and they both noted the amount of re-work that they would need to do).

Anthony
Old 07-14-02, 04:41 PM
Recovering Milkaholic

Thats very discouraging

Quick Reply: MB autosport feed front end